The College Basketball Post

pimp.gif

got my cal student season tickets, my last year as an undergrad, let's see if montgomery can bring us out of the bottom half of the pac 10, that's alli ask

Originally Posted by haiti5

maybe ima hater but ty lawson is not first team material imo..not this yr

and sidenote..sudan needs to put together a national team ASAP..they got waaaay too much talent

youre not hating, just your opinion. I will tell you this.....he was hurt so much last year that you didnt see the huge improvement that most sophomores make.
Id be willing to bet that he will clearly be the best PG in the country this year. Kid has been told what is wrong with his game, and he will play well. Hedoesnt play as hard as some guys, because his talent probably makes him feel safe on the court, but he's going to have a great year

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

And Ty Lawson is a poor man's Raymond Felton. Dude will get burned by McClinton, Rice and a lot of the other good ACC guards.

last year against Miami, Lawson had 23pts, 10 assists and 5 rebounds.

McClinton had 11 pts and 7 assists on 4-12 shooting

you fail my friend
ohwell.gif

Purdue basketball we IN HERE! Number 10 in the nation?!?! Robbie Hummel = second best white boy in the nation. Dude is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Oh yeah.

Kelsey Barlow
Verbally committed to Purdue basketball for class of 2009
Posted: November 6, 2008

F, 6-6, Indianapolis Cathedral

Long and athletic, Barlow showed more of his potential during the summer than he did during the high school season with the Irish, who had a number ofupperclassmen in key roles. Barlow can play multiple positions and has guarded positions from point guard to power forward. Nationally ranked (141st byRivals).

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by manamazing55

And Ty Lawson is a poor man's Raymond Felton. Dude will get burned by McClinton, Rice and a lot of the other good ACC guards.

last year against Miami, Lawson had 23pts, 10 assists and 5 rebounds.

McClinton had 11 pts and 7 assists on 4-12 shooting

you fail my friend
ohwell.gif

Let McClinton and Lawson trade places. We'll see how the numbers change. McClinton>>>>Lawson

Oh yeah. The sleeper in the ACC = Jeff Teague. He torched Duke last year and I expect him to have a really good season.

Interim Arizona coach Russ Pennell doesn't need to deliver any kind of Knute Rockne speech to a group of players that has gone through a roller-coaster over the last year or so.

``I think the kids know people aren't expecting much of them and it'll serve them well on the motivational side," Pennell said. "But I don't think I need to give them a "Win One For the Gipper" speech or anything like that. We've got a great opportunity and most people don't think we can do it."

He's right. Nearly everyone looks at this year's Arizona team as a train wreck waiting to happen.

Pennell may not have been the most qualified guy to take over after Lute Olson retired, but people seem to forget that he does have extensive D-1 experience as an assistant coach. He spent six years with Rob Evans at Ole Miss and then eight years at Arizona State under Evans. He also worked under Eddie Sutton at Oklahoma State from 1990-92.

Pennell, who has a thin team that includes three key guys in Chase Budinger, Jordan Hill and Nic Wise and not much else, said his philosophy both on and off the court is somewhere in the middle of Olson and last year's interim, fiery Kevin O'Neill.

``I like hard-nosed defense that Kevin preached and while I won't play quite as wide-open as Lute, I certainly want us to run and get up and down the floor," he said. "But if we don't have something in transition, I want us to get a good, quality shot."

Pennell said thus far, the players have bought in.

``They have been unbelievable with their attitude," he said. "I think it's helped with the way I like to play. I'm running a motion offense and the guys that were here two years ago as freshmen liked to play."

Pennell said he's also working a lot out of a 1-4 set, which Olson was notorious for running.

Talented freshman big man Jeff Withey has asked for a transfer, but Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood hasn't granted it to him.

``It was a little bit of a shock," Pennell said of Withey's initial request.

Especially since Withey would likely get at least 20 minutes per game as a freshman. Now redshirt freshman 7-footer Alex Jacobson, who is in over his head in the Pac-10, will be forced to play minutes behind Hill.

Pennell said he'll likely start Budinger at shooting guard and will even have his top player handle the ball some when Wise is on the bench. Expect Jamelle Horne to start at small forward and senior Fendi Onobun, who hasn't played much in his three-year career, to start at power forward. That will get the Wildcats five best players on the court at the same time.

The key for the Wildcats will be trying to get something out of a bench that doesn't have much experience. Zane Johnson, a sophomore wing, is legitimately the only reserve who has seen any game action.

Late pickup Garland Judkins is expected to backup Wise at the point, but Pennell said the surprise of the group has been another spring addition, 6-foot-2 freshman Kyle Fogg. The Wildcats also have 6-foot-3 freshman guard Brendon Lavender

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Make Dat Money

Purdue basketball we IN HERE! Number 10 in the nation?!?! Robbie Hummel = second best white boy in the nation. Dude is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Oh yeah.

Kelsey Barlow
Verbally committed to Purdue basketball for class of 2009
Posted: November 6, 2008

F, 6-6, Indianapolis Cathedral

Long and athletic, Barlow showed more of his potential during the summer than he did during the high school season with the Irish, who had a number of upperclassmen in key roles. Barlow can play multiple positions and has guarded positions from point guard to power forward. Nationally ranked (141st by Rivals).

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Is that you?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

what
laugh.gif
The Ty's 46 pt. game was the game that that other Ty came back.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

The Ty's 46 pt. game was the game that that other Ty came back.
Oh you mean that Ty? Aight, cause I thought you meant the other Ty.

Nah man, come on. You know I $+$! w/ Ty. But I don't mess w/ that _ Ty. He's buns. $+$! Ty.

But Ty????? Is that dude.
pimp.gif

he sucks stoppin pumpin this dude..i hope nolan can pick his pockets
I ain't afraid of either Ty when Nolan puttin' them shackles on 'em, word to Kunta.

And $$*@ that other Ty. He can suck a *%$%.

[h1]SEC Conference: Top NBA Prospects[/h1]
Submitted by Michael_DeStefano on Thu, 11/06/2008 - 4:13am.

By Michael DeStefano

After two consecutive national championships for the Gators, the SEC continues its descent. Tennessee lost team leader Chris Lofton, but added one of the best freshman in the country to a team that returns several key players. Florida fell short in a late push to make the tournament and should be able to build on that momentum. After those two, this conference hasn't much to offer in terms of quality teams. Kentucky seems to always find a way, but it will be tough this year. Mississippi State will seriously miss Jamont Gordon, and Alabama is a question mark. Despite the lack of quality teams, there are some intriguing players in this conference to keep an eye on.

Top 5 Prospects:
  1. [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
    p_patterson01.jpg

Patrick Patterson

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
  2. http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/hasheemthabeet.htmlPatrick Patterson (Kentucky) - Kentucky surprised some people last year with their success despite the loss of Patterson late in the season. This year, Patterson is healthy, but Ramel Bradley and Joe Crawford are gone. This beast of a sophomore is going to need to put the Wildcats on his back if they're going to be successful; fortunately, Patterson has the strength and skill to do so. He's a great athlete who can finish extremely well around the basket. Defensively, he is very aggressive attacking the glass and blocking shots, and his quickness enables him to defend the perimeter as well as the paint. He has a wide range of skills and will need all of them to help one of the most prominent programs in the country remain successful. He's a mid-first round pick due to his label as an "undersized PF," but could sneak into the lottery with a good second season in Kentucky.
  3. Tyler Smith (Tennessee) - Chris Lofton was the leader of a very talented Volunteers' team last year, but Tyler Smith was, and still is, the heart and soul. The versatile SF (14 pts, 7 rebs, 3 asts per game last year) works hard, never takes a play off, and will do whatever his team needs him to do in order to win. He's a gifted scorer who looks to make his teammates better and will thrive at the next level. The knock on Smith is that he is old for his grade (scouts see more upside in other small forwards), but any team that grabs Tyler in the first round will get a hard worker and quality person that is ready to play right away.
  4. AJ Ogilvy (Vanderbilt) - With senior leaders Shan Foster and Alex Gordon gone, Ogilvy is thrust into the forefront for Vanderbilt despite only being a sophomore. Then again, 17 points and 7 rebounds per game as a freshman shows that he is ready to call this team his own. He is a talented big man who is efficient from the field as well as the free throw line. He's got good moves with his back to the basket and is a very smart player who will be a Top 20 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft but needs to get stronger and improve defensively.
  5. Jarvis Varnado (Mississippi State) - Varnado made a name for himself last year by averaging almost 5 blocks per game to go along with 8 points and 8 rebounds, including a triple double against Kentucky in January (10, 12, and 10 blocks); a 13 point, 17 rebound, 7 block effort against LSU; and an 11 point, 5 block effort against Memphis in the NCAA Tournament. In fact, he blocked ten shots on three separate occasions last year. He improved significantly from his freshman to sophomore year, so it's reasonable to expect him to take another big step forward during his junior campaign. He shoots a high percentage from the field (64%); he just needs to improve on his free throw shooting and consistency. Regardless, his ability to block shots will not go unnoticed by NBA scouts as Varnado is expected to be a first round pick in 2010.
  6. Nick Calathes (Florida) - He looks skinny and awkward, but Calathes has skills. At 6'5, he's got great size at the point to go along with his gifted passing ability. A true point guard, he can also score when needed thanks to a good outside shot and crafty ball-handling skills that enable him to get into the lane against faster guards regularly. He needs to put on weight and improve his athleticism, although his length helps to make up for his lack of quickness. He's not yet ready for the League, but is considered a late-first round pick in 2010 and could rise if he improves physically.
Others receiving consideration: Alonzo Gee (Alabama), Chandler Parsons (Florida), Chris Johnson (LSU), Marcus Thornton (LSU), Devan Downey (South Carolina), Wayne Chism (Tennessee), JP Prince (Tennessee)

Top Newcomer: Scotty Hopson (Tennessee)/ JaMychal Green (Alabama)

Both Hopson and Green are two of the top NBA prospects in this conference but find themselves in the Top Newcomer sections because they come in without the one-and-done expectations like those of Derozan, Holiday, Mullens, and Aminu. Nevertheless, these All-Americans both possess the talent to excel right away at this level and become lottery picks down the road.

It was reported that when Hopson committed to Tennessee, Bruce Pearl started crying. That's how good this kid is and shows how good they think he can be. He's ranked 6th in his class on this website and with good reason. Hopson has a sick handle and a good outside shot. He'll fill the void at the two left by Chris Lofton, helping Tennessee maintain its spot as the team to beat in the SEC. Not considered a one-and-done candidate, but look for Hopson to land in the lottery in 2010.

Green, on the other hand, is a beast down low. While his offense needs work, his defense and body has drawn comparisons to Ben Wallace. Athletically, he's NBA ready, with quick feet, superb body strength, and great explosiveness. Most scouting reports say that he just needs a little coaching to help develop his back-to-the-basket skills, but he'll score a lot of points this year on dunks and putbacks due to his relentlessness on the glass. With Green down low and a healthy Ronald Steele, Alabama can surprise some people.

http://nbadraft.net/2008-09secprospects.htmhttp://nbadraft.net/2008-09secprospects.htm

Let McClinton and Lawson trade places. We'll see how the numbers change. McClinton>>>>Lawson

haha, love the argument. Lawson plays with better players, so he actually has less opportunities to score.

McClinton, marginal 2nd round draft pick, Lawson, lottery pick. You be the judge

Watching Ty and Nolan play against each other since they were in Middle School...I can vouch that Nolan has never and will never put shackles on Ty in hislife.

Back
Top Bottom