The College Basketball Post

43263530.jpg

This dude is the truth. Maryland is taking the ACC this year!
pimp.gif

How about the fact that the college hoops season officially begins tomorrow with two games at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Duke vs. Presbyterian at 7 p.m. followsHouston-Georgia Southern in preliminary matchups in the Coaches vs. Cancer event that culminates in New York.

Here are some final exhibition notes from the weekend led by my favorite Maryland Terp.

- Freshman Jin Soo Kim, a talented and skilled forward who was just recently cleared by the NCAA, scored 20 points in Maryland's win over Northwood.

- New Marquette coach Buzz Williams got a 94-73 win against a formidable Cal-State Pueblo squad. Lazar Hayward scored 23, Jerel McNeal had 22 and Wes Matthewsadded 16 before leaving with a sprained ankle.

- Wayne Ellington and Danny Green each had 16 points and freshman Tyler Zeller added 13 in North Carolina's 102-62 win over UNC Pembroke. The Tar Heelswere without Tyler Hansbrough and Marcus Ginyard.

- Freshman Samardo Samuels scored 29 points and Edgar Sosa had 18 in Louisville's 84-69 win over Northern Kentucky. Terrence Williams sat out with a kneeinjury.

- Da'Sean Butler exploded for 38 points in West Virginia's 20-point win against Mountain State. Freshman Devin Ebanks struggled and had just 3 pointswhile fellow frosh Kevin Jones finished with 14 points and seven boards.

- Blake Griffin had 17 points and freshman Willie Warren finished with 15 points, six assists and one turnover in the Sooners 94-39 rout over Cameron.

- Eric Devendorf had 15 points to lead Syracuse to a 73-63 win against Indiana (Pa.).

- Joey Shaw led Nevada with 25 points and highly touted freshman Luke Babbitt added 16 in a 89-67 win over San Francisco State.

- Baylor got 18 points from sophomore LaceDarius Dunn in a 76-44 win over Tarleton State.

- Siena coach Fran McCaffery told me sophomore Clarence Jackson could shoot it and he wasn't kidding as Jackson went for 27 points and was 7-of-10 fromlong range in the Saints 99-47 win against Union.

- Jack McClinton scored 17 points and Brian Asbury added 13 in Miami's 76-43 victory against Barry.

- Ibrahima Thomas had 12 points and 12 boards as Oklahoma State crushed Langston, 113-65. Obi Muonelo added 18 points in the rout.

- La Salle was led by sophomore forward Jerrell Williams (19 points) and big man Vernon Goodridge (12 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks) in a 76-60 win over PhillyUniversity.

- Jerome Dyson had 18 points and Jeff Adrien added 13 points and 8 rebounds as UConn knocked off UMass-Lowell, 82-63.

- Purdue's sophomore big man JaJuan Johnson had 22 points, 14 rebounds and seven blocks in a 81-61 win over Northern State.

- Siena coach Fran McCaffery told me sophomore Clarence Jackson could shoot it and he wasn't kidding as Jackson went for 27 points and was 7-of-10 from long range in the Saints 99-47 win against Union.
Ummmm...first 11/13 now 7/10...that is 18/23 from deep..and that 27 came in 18 minutes. And he's the 4th option..

It's a WRAP
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can't wait to see them in person next week.

Any NTers going to the Coaches vs. Cancer final at The Garden? I'm definitely considering copping a ticket before it's too late.

The last thing a Twerp fan should want is a decent year. Bad year = more pressure on that sweaty douche.

With a plethora of schools recruiting 2010 prospect RoscoeSmith, a very important head coach to Smith's recruitment is expected to visit Baltimore Walbrook High School this week.

[table][tr][td]
ROSCOESMITH5_7150.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]In its quest for a high level swing forward, North Carolina might have offered its one available scholarship to 2010 elite smallforward Harrison Barnes, but that doesn't mean Roy Williamshas stopped recruiting Smith, the No. 11 ranked prospect in the class of 2010.

According to Smith's father Brian Thompson, Coach Williams will visit Smith on Thursday November 13.

On Monday of last week, Georgetown's John Thompson, III, visited Smith.

The 6-foot-7, 180-pound Smith is the No. 3 ranked small forward in the class of 2010.

^ Roy is dumb for offering Barnes so early and coming out and saying "this is our only scholly."

He definitely could've waited longer ...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

The last thing a Twerp fan should want is a decent year. Bad year = more pressure on that sweaty douche.
Please tell me you're not talking about Gary Williams.

Edit: What I meant was Gary Williams >>> John Thompson III

Yeeeeeaaaaaaa... So I'm going to need Mike to head on down to baltimore personally.

And will the Duke game be televised if so what channel?

Please tell me you're not talking about Gary Williams.

Gary Williams >>> John Thompson Jr.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You want him around longer? I'd welcome that. A better coach at UMD with their arena, facilities and locations would do so much more. All Gary is gona getyou now is NIT's.
He aint even better than JT3 imo
It's not even debatable at this point.

yeah Cake, ESPNU

Presbyterian is projected last in their conference and biggest player is 6'7 230...so no chance of things getting remotely interesting tomorrow night

Haha wow that's some bulletin board material if I've ever heard any. Gody had 14 and 10 in a win vs. UCONN, and then 32 and 16 in a loss @ UCONN.Anyone remember if Hash was guarding him? UNC still is going to win it all though
pimp.gif

I've said this before...a Big East team getting a 1 seed is going to be tough with the league beating each other up...now, if Uconn plays wellenough...that would warrant a 2 seed in the east...

UNC can be put in right now as the 1 seed in the East...

Where is the East regional? Boston. And in that situation, I think Uconn is the perfect team to knock them off.

Obviously the chances of that all happening aren't that good...but I'd like to see it.

Damn, my dude Hash puttin' his foot in his mouth right now. The thing is, I can't see him saying something like that. Most humble dude I know.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My bad I meant John Thompson III...[/color]

No way he's better than John Thompson Jr., but I he's one of the best coaches in college basketball right now. And yes, I do want Gary around longer.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

This dude is the truth. Maryland is taking the ACC this year!
pimp.gif
Damn, It's 2008 and _'s still smoking crack??

smh.gif
smh.gif

^ Roy is dumb for offering Barnes so early and coming out and saying "this is our only scholly."

He definitely could've waited longer ...
Yeah, but I don't think that Barnes is that dumb and really believed that anyways...

In 2 match ups last year..

Harangody - 18 for 47

Thabeet - 16 blocks

You don't think a good, young coach could do better than Gary right now?

In 2 match ups last year..

Harangody - 18 for 47

Thabeet - 16 blocks
laugh.gif
sick.gif
..i guess thabeet can say that then.i pray to god he worked on his footworkduring the offseason.

i was at the marquette game this weekend, COURTSIDE, and it was pretty awesome. marquette looked average. matthews is tite as hell. i also got a ball that wasblocked by marquette and it came rite to me and gave a perfect bounce pass to ed hightower. best 10 seconds of fame ever. the dude next to me had a baby on hislap and caught it rite b4 it got to them he was like 45 yrs old and he was buying me a my friends drinks and givin me pounds.

Back
Top Bottom