The College Basketball Post

Im a HUGE IU Fan... Indiana born and raised. But although he is a GREAT basketball player, I've came to the conclusion that Cody Zeller=UNC Tyler Hansborough.. take it how you want

The Oladipo love has entered bizarre territory.

Huh? He had 19, 9, 5 stl tonight...Don't see why the hype is unwarranted. He is shooting a LeBron like .64% from the field and .52% from deep this year. Pretty good argument for him being the best two-way player in CBB.

Still expect a wild tournament and its completely open this year but as of today, the question of who the best team in CBB is a closed case. They've distance themselves from the crowd.

He gets to play a specific role and does it well. He's not asked to carry the load like Burke, Plumlee or Porter are. If he ever had to facilitate or anchor a defense he'd be lost (not that a wing can, but he gets to play passing lanes and is average as a help defender). I personally still see Cody as the most important player on that team.

Last edited:
He was our best defensive player last year though and didn't nearly play the passing lanes as much. Does he have a traditional position? Not really, but what does that matter. And what does it matter if he plays the lanes he does it better than anyone I've seen a in a long time. He makes the big rebounds, big shots, big plays regardless of what for they come in for this team all season long.

Just because he doesn't do it in a classical manner doesn't mean what he does has to be devalued. Is he racking up points every game? Not neccesarily but he just makes plays regardless and has had a pretty much strong stat line all season. Go back to Barclays, I said he was our best player than and have been saying it all season. I don't even think its that close to be honest. Cody can get knocked off the ball and bullied still, ie Costello rejecting him straight up. Victor is going to get his regardless whether or not the play is drawn up for him. He got the huge rebound down the stretch and the basket, who cares if it wasn't drawn up for him?

I'm not even saying he is the POY, but I don't know how you could have watched this team all year and not see how dynamic he has been. I'd compared him in a way to what MKG did for UK last year but even on a bigger scale.

That's what I meant originally. He's not POY nor a Wade/Jordan hybrid, best player in the country, etc etc. That stuff is being said even if by people that are experts in hyperbole but they do have the platform. I'm not devaluing it or saying Cody is or has been better, just more important. There's like 5 maybe 6 experienced guys who are 6'11+ and can walk and chew gum at the same time in the country. All of them (Plumlee, Zeller, Dieng, Withey, Olynyk) other than Alex Len are on Top 10 teams. You have something nobody else has, that's huge.

Last edited:
I mean the Wade/Jordan stuff is a joke, hyperbolists will hyperbole...Still think that's not even as bad as Crean calling Hulls an NBA player though :lol:

POY is just so wide open, we are the best team, him the best player that's why he is in the conversation. Burke was leading but has took his foot off the glass a little by settling for bad jumpers way too often lately. Porter playing as well as anybody lately. Creighton has slumped a little lately so Doug has fallen. Its wide open at this point. I don't think its a travesty for Victor to be in the convo though. Especially if we win the Final 4 down the stretch (@Minn, Iowa, OSU, @UM) and he keeps up his play although at the moment I'd still prolly give Burke my vote.

Last edited:
Scottie, so smooth with that stepback :pimp:

Now the Gators need to get a damn stop.

Aaaaaand that's why the Gators will be a non-factor come tourney time :smh:

Last edited:
I understand Dickie said earlier he never compared Victor to MJ but to even put them in the same breath at anything is insane.

I can see him as a very poor man version of Wade though. His potential is very high though.

Florida...wth

Olivier Hanlan outchea ballin, great to see even second tier canadian high school prospect putting in work. :pimp:

Maryland would really benefit from having a an actual point gaurd.

Who would have thought that Miami would potentially end up a #1 seed? 

Shane Larkin on that last play against UVA was brilliant.

If you took away vitale and put like bilas, magic wouldn't be that bad. I was expecting a lot worse but magic surprised me.

The Oladipo love has entered bizarre territory.
**** is a joke.
I agree...watch jordan draft him 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom