The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Cal and Kellog look so similar I can't tell who is who when they show them on the sidelines.
laugh.gif
i had the same reaction. it's eerie.

Memphis has a lot of good pieces left, but they need a court general like Rose to step up this year, or they could be a one and done as easily as they could be a final four team.. i'm struggling to figure out what their identity is going to be this year.. but if they find it, they're scary athletic still.

And could they join a legitimate conference already? sneak them into the big east.. they've already got 28 teams, what's the difference?
roll.gif

Can't wait for Syracuse and Memphis.

EDIT: Ugly game so far.

I'm thinking like... davidson, winthrop, gonzaga, st. mary's, butler, memphis, xavier... and a few others need to start a conference a la "TheGreat West Conference"... bunch of misfits within their own conferences would make a great basketball specialty conference. if only they could work outthe travel arrangements.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Cal and Kellog look so similar I can't tell who is who when they show them on the sidelines.
laugh.gif
i had the same reaction. it's eerie.

Memphis has a lot of good pieces left, but they need a court general like Rose to step up this year, or they could be a one and done as easily as they could be a final four team.. i'm struggling to figure out what their identity is going to be this year.. but if they find it, they're scary athletic still.

And could they join a legitimate conference already? sneak them into the big east.. they've already got 28 teams, what's the difference?
There has been talks and rumors
Lets just say the football is below average lately
laugh.gif
, stadium issuesand such

Tyreke 0 for 5 (3 missed lay ups and one blocked)

And these dumb kids continue to shoot 3?

He honestly expected him to catch that lob?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Has the big dude from that video that got posted awhile back seen the floor yet for memphis? the one that had to lose all that weight?

Man Memphis is looking real bad and selfish right now. Still can't shoot.

They should throw some alleys, they've had some 2 on 1 breaks and they arent giving it up.

^
i like that idea.

But i could see us in the SEC
pimp.gif
.............. i mean, tennessee volsis, so why not us.

Evans is
sick.gif
so far. cant hit nothing, cant throw a lob, BENCH EM!

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Evans
sick.gif
same thing i was thinking. This team looks lost out there. They look like they are just going to try and run teams outta the building this year.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I saw nothin in Tyreke when Dom and St. A's took it to him last year, and see nothing right now.
grin.gif
we might have to cancel construction on the T.EvansCathedral down the street. fam is missing layups and alleying to the fat baby

I'm thinking like... davidson, winthrop, gonzaga, st. mary's, butler, memphis, xavier... and a few others need to start a conference a la "The Great West Conference"... bunch of misfits within their own conferences would make a great basketball specialty conference. if only they could work out the travel arrangements.
You're thinking short term Craftsy. Do you honestly think Davidson is going to be what they are now in a couple years when Curry leaves? They'll go right back to mediocrity, same with Butler. Gonzaga and St. Mary's in the WCC is good enough. That conference isn't all that bad. Xavier and the A-10 is doin' alright. They're flirting with being included when it comes to discussions about the best conferences in the country. They could probably get more teams into the dance than the Big 10 this year
laugh.gif

I'm thinking like... davidson, winthrop, gonzaga, st. mary's, butler, memphis, xavier... and a few others need to start a conference a la "The Great West Conference"... bunch of misfits within their own conferences would make a great basketball specialty conference. if only they could work out the travel arrangements.
The Big East gona split at somepoint...an all bball league will be developed...G'Town, Nova, Providence, Seton Hall, St Johns, Depaul,Marquette...throw in Xaiver and others...

idk when..but it's bound to happen

The Big East gona split at somepoint...an all bball league will be developed...G'Town, Nova, Providence, Seton Hall, St Johns, Depaul, Marquette...throw in Xaiver and others...

idk when..but it's bound to happen

But why would they do that? They lose Cuse and UConn.

Has the big dude from that video that got posted awhile back seen the floor yet for memphis? the one that had to lose all that weight?

Yes, henderson-niles #4 has took the floor already.

The announcer completely butchered C.J. Henry's brother name
roll.gif
roll.gif
(Xavier, the recruit)

Witherspoon
smokin.gif

Is Xavier going to Kansas
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Oregon just went down @ home vs Oakland(MI) in OT 82-79

Oakland has a heavy schedule to start next SYR, Iowa, Kstate.

Football purposes I assume. G'Town, Nova, Providence, Seton Hall, St Johns, Depaul, and Marquette don't play in the Big East for footballor don't have a team to begin with.

But why would they do that?
It'll be forced on them...

due to football.

If Umass just had one serviceable big, they'd be straight.
ohwell.gif

or a guard that's automatic from 3, which the way they are moving the ball on Memphis

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Football purposes I assume. G'Town, Nova, Providence, Seton Hall, St Johns, Depaul, and Marquette don't play in the Big East for football or don't have a team to begin with.

I mean I know that, but Bball gets more revenue for the conference I would assume, so they are gonna lose that Cuse & Uconn contingency in theGarden for the tourney. I guess being the only conference in the Big 6 that doesnt have all their teams have football & basketball isnt a good thing.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

You're thinking short term Craftsy. Do you honestly think Davidson is going to be what they are now in a couple years when Curry leaves? They'll go right back to mediocrity, same with Butler. Gonzaga and St. Mary's in the WCC is good enough. That conference isn't all that bad. Xavier and the A-10 is doin' alright. They're flirting with being included when it comes to discussions about the best conferences in the country. They could probably get more teams into the dance than the Big 10 this year
laugh.gif

Nah - a few of the teams i listed aren't going to always dominate - but they could turn into even stronger programs if they left for aconference like that. That's the sort of move that can turn a team like them into a Duke type of program.

Obviously this sort of thing would never happen - but i don't think it's that crazy of an idea, given the nature of college sports right now. Prettymuch every team listed there stands to gain in some way - although for guys like Memphis and Gonzaga, things could arguably get worse for them, sincethey're already recruiting top talent and getting national exposure weekly without having to play in a major. From that standpoint, they'd probablyobject entirely. Still, from a fans point of view..i'd love to see those teams play a conference schedule the past few years against one another, insteadof the (mostly) garbage conference games they played instead.

Back
Top Bottom