The College Basketball Post

I don't mean to get on the kid..but...

He has a broke jumper and I don't see any great athleticism. Can't run point, I'll give him that He has a knack for scoring...but he's livingoff a rep he built as a young HS'er. Add in the drama he went through last year + signing late + McD AA MVP = unwarranted hype.

Not his fault people expect him to come fill in Pooh's shoes...but it's so off base.

/rant.

I know there's plenty of time for Evans to develop and improve his game, but does he really expect to be a first round pick next draft?

I don't see it
ohwell.gif

Blah - this game sucks... disappointing "start" to the season, hopefully this isn't a precursor for the season... bed time it is.

By the way - this game shows yet again moving that line back has only caused teams to shoot the 3 ball even more than usual. i think they didn't move itfar enough back, but it's a good start.

And i'm not sure this Evans cat is as much a ball player as he is an athlete - the thing i was so impressed about last year with Rose and Gordon was thatthey actually looked like basketball players who were athletic, not athletes who were basketball players.. I don't get that impression from him at all. Ithink that's huge for a memphis team desperately in need of a heady point guard.

I don't see "IT," yet from him, but this is my first glimpse of him. He has a great wingspan, but his athleticism doesn't pop out assomething that warrants his hype.

And that was an ugly damn jumper.

Evans can't dribble either.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I know there's plenty of time for Evans to develop and improve his game, but does he really expect to be a first round pick next draft?

I don't see it
ohwell.gif
hell no. Not with that weak %%# jumper and average athleticism for a 2

I don't see it
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
If Daequan Cook did it...I see no reason why Evanscouldn't

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I don't see it
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
If Daequan Cook did it...I see no reason why Evans couldn't
True, but Cook was/is a better shooter and probably a tad better athletically.

But like I said, there's plenty of time for Evans to improve his game.

hwl

ohwell.gif

'Cuse needs a new mascot ASAP. What's intimidating about an orange? The toughest thing about it is getting pulp in your eye.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I don't see it
ohwell.gif
grin.gif
If Daequan Cook did it...I see no reason why Evans couldn't
True, but Cook was/is a better shooter and probably a tad better athletically.

But like I said, there's plenty of time for Evans to improve his game.
But point is...Daequan Cook had a mediocre freshman season...and a so so draft camp...and still got drafted based on potential. So I can't seeEvans falling out of the first round for that same reason...and his ceiling is MUCH higher than a guy like Cook's because of his size alone.

As for this perceived lack of athleticism everyone seems to think he has...he's a deceptive athlete. He's not the explosive, run-jump 45 inch verticalathlete people typically associate with big time two guards but he finds away to get it done. He still can get to the basket and finish over most. I'veseen him cook plenty of those super athlete dudes in person. Athletically he reminds me of Brandon Roy...he doesn't wow you...and then you see him going toput somebody on a poster. I'd be willing to put money he'll be one of those guys during the combine that you'll look at his test numbers and go"he doesn't seem like he has such a high vertical or moves so quick".

This Memphis offensive system little different without Rose
laugh.gif

Awful. The way Umass is defending is what they're gona see all year, let em shoot all they want.

Xavier Henry will announce whether he's committing to Memphis or Kansas in a few hours.

In fact, it'll supposedly be at 8:45 a.m. ET.

According to our sources, the Memphis Tigers appear to be the choice.

Memphis has Henry's brother, C.J., on board this season and we're told the fact that Henry's mother - after a recent car accident involving Xavier- was in favor of her sons being together for college.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Excuse my ignorance, but is this Tony Gaffney kid a relatively good prospect for the NBA?
No.
laugh.gif
...but I see why you may think that tonight. Kid isplaying his +@% off.

Chris Lowe their PG is the only one with NBA aspirations, and those would be 2nd round/undrafted hopes.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Excuse my ignorance, but is this Tony Gaffney kid a relatively good prospect for the NBA?

No, All Hustle Team
laugh.gif

Time to put McGrady in already
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom