The College Basketball Post

It has to be demoralizing to be working so hard against Steph and him still have 17 with 5+ to go in the 1st half...

Willie and Blake are playing well... Warren is letting it fly

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by KickzLikeKarateFlickz

cant wait for stephen curry to beat up on Oklahoma tonight
grin.gif
Willie lockin that dude down.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

17 with some change left in the first half. Willie ain't lockin' !%*# down.

is that my boy RW sitting front row next to KD and Green? Them 2 bums know to sit on the wing of my +%%@! since he going to be carrying them the next fewyears
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Jason Richards was just as important to Davidson as Steph Curry.
grin.gif

Kinda alluded to that earlier tonight. Without Richards they have no playmaking ability and puts too much responsibility on Curry cause nobody else on thatteam is a player.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Jason Richards was just as important to Davidson as Steph Curry.
grin.gif

Kinda alluded to that earlier tonight. Without Richards they have no playmaking ability and puts too much responsibility on Curry cause nobody else on that team is a player.
I didn't think they'd miss him that much, but if nobody steps up they won't surpass what they did last year.

If anyone cares, defending national champs up 72-28 on FL Gulf Coast w/ 9:00 left in 2nd half. Rock Chalk chant already ringing through the rafters.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Real talk, how the hell did Baylor make a turnaround so fast? Weren't they given the death penalty by the NCAA? It makes no sense that in less than four years they have amassed this much talent.
Drew is a good coach/recruiter and Texas got oodles of talent. Kinda makes me wonder why Turgeon isn't pulling in top notch talent at A&M.

Drew is a hell of a recruiter, but I'm not sold on him being a good "coach" yet. I haven't seen him do much in terms of playerdevelopment yet, but that could possibly change in the coming years (LaceDarius looks to have improved a little bit from last year...maybe it's the startof it?). He's getting some of the best talent in the nation, certainly he'll be able to do something with 'em to make me change my mind. He'sstill young, too.

And Turgeon is pulling in pretty solid talent, just not talent from the state of Texas...2 ESPNU top 100 (Loubeau #61, Harris #70) recruits in 2008, 3 ESPNUtop (Hibbert #59, Middleton #64, Roberson #87). I've been fairly disappointed in his recruitment of kids from Texas, but it's hard to complain aboutthe job he's doing.

Turgeon has a commitment from Jamal Branch in the class of 2011 already (#10 overall, from Houston...), and looks to add J-Mychal Reese (listed as the top 8thgrader in the nation last year...now a freshman at Bryan HS, just 5 minutes from A&M) in 2012...I'm hoping getting Jamal Branch in '11 causes asimilar impact for our recruiting as TJ Ford did for Texas back in '01.
And A&M barely survived tonight against Stephen F. Austin. I didn't get to go to the game because of an accounting test, but we only won 55-48.

Blake dominated that game for 25 minutes without scoring, and then he just exploded for like 10 points in 2 minutes...
smh.gif

Explosive athlete at that size is unfair...

Back
Top Bottom