The College Basketball Post

My four favorite teams at the moment are Sparty, Florida, Zona, Cuse in that order.

SDSU is a force to be reckoned with this March and beyond (2014-2015). Thames graduating but Shep returning with Cheatham and Trey coming in. Threats for Fisher.

It's crazy how my Johnnies actually have a talented squad but Lavin is so lost that we're in what last place. It's a joke. Guy can recruit but he's terrible in games. Dude is never in the office either. His wife is beautiful tho.
No morale victories playing Cuse and Nova close at the Garden.

I want to attend February 25th to see Semaj in person.

dude Drew just looks lost, he cant break people down like he did in HS and create for others or get to the rack. almost every bucket i see him get looks lucky or OC. watching him run half court O is so bad and hecked. dude is nothing like i thought he would be coming out of HS.
I said give him time after the Sparty game, but Drew's flaws have been exposed. The Vols game was a positive sign but Drew needs another year. Along with Kasey Hill.

Smart, Exum, Semaj easily in front of Drew for the 2014 Draft.

Funny people were picking him to be a 1st team all american... It Was All Good Just A Week Ago.

Osh said it best, he looks just like Brandon did, minus his ability to shoot.
I'll eat crow. For fun I selected Drew to be POY going against the grain to vary from the usual Ender, Bari, Randle.

Tell me my son can't handle :pimp:
Him and LeVert put in countless hours in the gym at Ann Arbor in offseason while everyone else was partying, drinking, and chasing women. Kudos because it's paying off in a major way even without McGary. If only the point play could somewhat replicate Trey through Walton and Spike.

Wichita can very well be undefeated going into the Tournament.

Buckeyes lose tonight something is seriously wrong.

Gotta end this skid.
Early gets buckets but VanVleet is the engine that goes for Marshall. He's the key to March success and a potential Final Four appearance.

Wichita loses at Indiana State (or against Missouri State on March 1st). I imagine Marshall would prefer the former to get the loss out of the way heading into the tournament. The undefeated talk is a distraction but Zona and Cuse can help shoulder that burden if they keep winning.

Nice slate of games for a Thursday night. Zona continues bearing the pressure of the #1 ranking and potential undefeated season. Even without Spence, I expect Colorado to be competitive with Booker (Ski as shoeking calls him) and Scott.

Releford will look to show out for Anthony Grant against the Gators. He'll want to make up for a poor shooting performance against Mizzou. Dickie V mentions Prather and Nick Johnson in a recent piece below.
http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/...***ey-casey-prather-lead-all-rising-star-team

Chris Walker in limbo. Kasey Hill will continue to get better as Wilbekin leads the team. DFS money with the spot-up threes.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...onovan-chris-walker-ncaa-eligibility/4724561/

OSU has to end their 4-game slide at home. Rice and Abrams are no joke with the guard play. I think Buckeyes eek one out by 4 behind 20 from Ross to lead all scorers.

You boys know I always get hyped for Pastner's boys even if it's just a Houston team that upset UConn around New Year's.

Matt Charboneau ‏@mattcharboneau 10m
Michigan State junior forward Branden Dawson out 4-5 weeks with a broken hand

Matt Charboneau ‏@mattcharboneau 8m
Dawson said he slammed his hand on table after frustrated watching film of his recent play

Nice feature on Stauskas from BTN

Matt Charboneau ‏@mattcharboneau 10m
Michigan State junior forward Branden Dawson out 4-5 weeks with a broken hand

Matt Charboneau ‏@mattcharboneau 8m
Dawson said he slammed his hand on table after frustrated watching film of his recent play

Nice feature on Stauskas from BTN
That's a huge loss for Sparty. Missing Michigan twice, Iowa, Wisconsin. Potentially Iowa a second time and Ohio State depending on his recovery time.

I've been saying he's Sparty's and Izzo's X-factor. Appling is a given with his transition to pass-first, Payne expanding his game to the perimeter, and Harris showing consistent aggression attacking the basket.

Valentine, your turn to step up.

Don't put your stink on him please.

I dont like this cuse team come tourney time. Something scares me about Fair still being our #1 option.

I dont like this cuse team come tourney time. Something scares me about Fair still being our #1 option.
Coleman out for the season, Pitt killed Cuse on the boards, leaning heavily on a true freshman, and ****ey is due for a shooting slump.

Dudes as steady as they come, very very rarely has a clunker.
Fair or Bari for ACC POY. Third is Paige but UNC is so inconsistent and streaky. Box and one Davidson employed caused Paige to struggle.

Hanlan gets on my ballot. Joe Harris was in preseason but no longer.

Edit: Warren for his scoring and Patterson for his passing.

Atkins for shouldering a heavier load with Grant dismissed.

Zone Zona up and they will become a different team. Beside York, no knockdown consistent shorter. I like them tho, big, athletic, d's up and unselfish. Gordon still not a 3 tho.

Zone Zona up and they will become a different team. Beside York, no knockdown consistent shorter. I like them tho, big, athletic, d's up and unselfish. Gordon still not a 3 tho.
Whole office is Cuse grads. Yapping about Boeheim's zone creating problems for Zona with lack of knockdown shooters.

What about our length on the boards?

:lol: I was half joking but I'm too old to stay up late now.
Know the feeling. Yawning every time I bar hop with friends in NYC or Hoboken.

I'm riding out to Ann Arbor before the semester ends for Maize and Blue and Zingerman's.

Back
Top Bottom