The College Basketball Post

worst thing to do is watch a replay its so sad the way his teammates reacted you know they wanted to go help him but it was just to gross to see. this is the worst sports injury i ever seen. :frown:

Duke is alright. Despite the intense pressure and their top gun seth curry not scoring, they are right there.

Louisville should be up by 15.

i'm rooting for Louisville now. :frown:

hell yea i want russ to go stupid on these ****** now.

but man i saw the whole thing & i was thinkin like "naw im trippin i aint just see what i think i seen" then i saw thornton cover his eyes & his teammates layin on the ground & i knew i wasnt trippin :x

Was the same way...I was like nahhhhh I didn't just see that..when Thornton covered his eyes I was like ****

Prayers go out to him and his family. That leg injury was horrible. No ball for me tomorrow. 
frown.gif

Not to be insensitive but can we stop talking about that...

The more I think about it the more I feel queasy.

It honestly reminds me of when DeShaun Butler tore his ACL against us in the tourney a couple of years ago |I

Sweet Baby Jesus that injury.
eek.gif
sick.gif

Glad I didn't see that live.

Prayers to Kevin Ware.

Why oh why did I just Google "compound fracture"?  
indifferent.gif

What has been seen cannot be unseen.  Prayers to the kid man....dude's basketball career is either done or forever drastically changed.  
tired.gif
its not over but he has to get a bar placed where his shin was, definitely not returning for next season with that
Yeah assuming there's no problems with blood supply or infection or whatever, I'd think with a rod the bone should heal pretty well.
Anytime there's a broken bone (regardless of severity) blood supply (veins, etc) as well as nerve endings, will be effected... seeing as it was a complete break, on top of being a compound fracture, its gonna be a rough battle back.

having said this, I ain't ever gonna contest a jumper again
sick.gif
Yeah, I briefly read some comments from people who has suffered compound fractures and a lot of them said they were never the same again.  Granted, they probably didn't have the rehab facilities and doctors that'll be available to Ware, but still---dude has a long road ahead of him.  Unbelievable.  I'm still creeped out.  

Derrick Roland's wasn't as bad, but he was able to play the next season (granted his happened in December).

I was on my way home when the injury happened. I didn't see the injury. is it best for me not to see it?

my prayers goes out to Ware

I still feel sick.

I cant even watch this game anymore like I was before the injury. Feels so bad for ware. I hate seeing players on any level, any sport get injured like that.

Such a freak injury man. How many times does he do that same jump to contest a shot? Smh...scary.

Literally thought nothing could top Shaun Livingston but that one might do it.

Praying for the kid and hoping it was just a clean break.

how can these guys even keep playing at a high level with that in the back of their mind?

I was on my way home when the injury happened. I didn't see the injury. is it best for me not to see it?

my prayers goes out to Ware
Depends on how high is your gruesome level. Mine isn't that high, but even I watched... yeah, now it's a sever low level :x

I hope he gets well soon, so damn sad man, so sad :wow:

Back
Top Bottom