The College Basketball Post

markelle fultz =

fight me

tall athletic playmaking point guards, not even the most obvious similarities huh? they're a lot more alike than you wanna believe. time will reveal more tho we shall see.

tall athletic playmaking point guards, not even the most obvious similarities huh? they're a lot more alike than you wanna believe. time will reveal more tho we shall see.

Are you getting Fultz and Lonzo Ball confused? Fultz is basically a 6'4 scoring combo guard. Ball is a 6'6 playmaking point guard like Penny.

Going to assume he was talking about Lonzo Ball, not Fultz.

Speaking of Fultz, he kinda reminds me of James Harden a bit.

Lillard = Markelle Fultz is one of the worst comparisons I've heard in a while.

untill I heard the Penny = Lonzo Ball comparison. :lol:

Turrible.

I'd say Fultz/Harden is the best comparison so far.

Can play both guard spots, great herky jerky game, excellent finishers in the lane, play through contact, solid shooting mechanics, great decision making in the PnR, unstoppable in transition.

I would say Fultz is more developed at the same age than Harden @ ASU and is the superior defensive talent.

Lillard = Markelle Fultz is one of the worst comparisons I've heard in a while.

untill I heard the Penny = Lonzo Ball comparison. :lol:

Turrible.

How the hell is Fultz nothing like Lillard? I've actually heard that comparison a few times. They're the same size, both basically combo guards that look to score more than pass, both hit the 3 ball, both explosive guards....

Who would you compare him to, Mr. Recruiting Genius?

I also wasn't comparing Lonzo Ball to Penny...that dude spoke of Fultz as a tall playmaking point guard and out of the freshmen Lonzo Ball would make the most sense as far as that goes.

How the hell is Fultz nothing like Lillard? I've actually heard that comparison a few times. They're the same size, both basically combo guards that look to score more than pass, both hit the 3 ball, both explosive guards....

Who would you compare him to, Mr. Recruiting Genius?

I also wasn't comparing Lonzo Ball to Penny...that dude spoke of Fultz as a tall playmaking point guard and out of the freshmen Lonzo Ball would make the most sense as far as that goes.

1. Fultz isn't that type of shooter; what makes lillard unique is that he can hit really deep 3's off the dribble on pick and roll, and has a quick easy repeatable stroke markelle fultz is more streaky than deadeye off the dribble shooter like lillard, his jump shot mechanics need ironing out.

I believe Fultz was a career 32% 3 point shooter in high school. I find it very unlikely than Fultz will ever approach the levels of 3 point bombing that lillard has.

2. Lillard is just faster, quicker first step, but struggles finishing (untill this year) Markelle is more smooth, and fluid, but explosive vertically, and thus a better finisher.

Other than being a similar height the comparison makes zero sense to me, they play totally different games with totally different skill sets.

Fultz is much closer to the Brandon Roy, James Harden, Manu Ginobili school of gaurd than he is to lillard.

Last edited:
Fultz is like 6-5 with a monster wingspan. He isn't physically the same man as lillard

This too, IN fact I would ebt when the combine measurements come in Fultzs is goign to be functionally bigger than Lonzo Ball.

Lonzo got those alligator arms from the looks of it to me.

Back
Top Bottom