The College Basketball Post

But Syracuse lost to USF???
laugh.gif

the score is actually closer than what it was

Originally Posted by chickhien

i'm convinced uva wouldve won the game if homedood didnt get hung on the point blank dunk LOL

had he known it would've been a 1-point game, I'm sure Singletary would've laid it in instead.
roll.gif

Stanford

The Cardinal provides us with an unusual sight--a team playing great defense that almost never creates steals. They beat Washington State in overtime without a single one. Overall, there are just 13 teams in the nation forcing fewer steals per possession. It's the Jim Calhoun model: stock your team with multiple seven-footers and make sure opponents are encouraged to approach the hoop as often as possible. There's no need to gamble on turnovers when you can force a shooter to dribble into a bad matchup. Because of this, six of its last seven opponents have been held below 42% shooting (eFG).

Stanford lost to Siena before Brook Lopez was available. Since then, they have lost to UCLA and Oregon. Their remaining seven regular season games are manageable, so it's not out of the question that they could get at least a share of the conference title. However, it's more likely that they drop another game or two. That combined with playing games late at night on non-traditional TV outlets will keep them from being a trendy pick in March. Don't be deceived though, Stanford has enough talent to get to the Final Four.

eek.gif
Even I'm not THAT optimistic. Mostlikely because I just don't have faith in mitch johnson. Give us a 4 star point guard and things would get ugly for other teams quickly, but it's justsoooo damn hard to find kids that have the hot hand yet can make it through the academic requirements (I mean come on, the academic office said reggie bu$h wasunacceptable). I don't have confidence in how we would handle a team of bad athletic future cons from the streets who run a full court press all day. I seeus losing to UCLA at poly but winning the rest of our games without any real problem. Also, look out for taj finger. We go back to frosh year and he's agreat guy. We always tell him that he's losing weight every year, but the kid hustles like no other. It's amaing how many times he touches the ball,whether on the long rebound, the short put back, or the methodical assist. He won't wow you with his athleticism, but he plays some of the most solid,fundamental ball in the nation. He knows he can't go on to the next level so he plays his heart out every game and you have to love the players like thatwho don't know the meaning of selfishness or care about individual stats in comparison ot that final score. We SHOULD be in the pac 10 championship game,but there is always room for something to happen. If we kept going that deep in the tourney, I'm going to be screwed in the realm of finals.

I don't have confidence in how we would handle a team of bad athletic future cons from the streets who run a full court press all day
indifferent.gif
go register for an accountat the caste forum.

Stanford has a great team...if Brook stays eligible I can see them making a deep run. That Stanford-UCLA game coming up pretty soon should be a great game.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I don't have confidence in how we would handle a team of bad athletic future cons from the streets who run a full court press all day
indifferent.gif
go register for an account at the caste forum.

Stanford has a great team...if Brook stays eligible I can see them making a deep run. That Stanford-UCLA game coming up pretty soon should be a great game.
good to see my judge, jury, and shadow hasn't escaped me ala peter pan. There are no eligibility issues as the qtr ends at the end of the tourney.And I stand by my statement. I'd much rather face a duke/north carolina/kansas/ucla than some ghetto style team. Just remember who is dominating thatschool you couldn't even get into in pretty much everything this year. I look forward to the weenie roast in maples soon. I will have no voice for at least36 hours following that game

the score is actually closer than what it was
Actually it was a 3 pt game with 1 min left....so an 11 pt win is not closer then what it was. We definitely did not deserve to win but USF justgot lucky. Everyone had the game of their life. What you can't do on the road against a lesser team is go down big early. It gives them all the confidencethey can have and gets the crowd involved and whatnot. Gtown. Lville, ND, Pitt, SHU, Quette are the 6 games left for us. Sounds bad but in our case it's ablessing because we need big wins. 4-2 in those games= lock for tourney.

Dont worry about UK we will be fine...Although i did feel like throwing the remote at my new flat screen, i can see the future....The kids play very hard, theyjust arent very talented....we have 5 to 6 solid guys. After that its a HUGE dropoff. Once we get a few guys in there who know how to get the ball to Patterson( LIGGINS ) hopefully, and a healthy Derek Jasper and Jodie Meeks, we will be fine next year, and years to come. Also when he figures out that Mark Coury isactually a walk on who should not be playing, let alone starting that will make it even better.

^ the Cuse is Done, Uk has a better chance at the tourney than they do....and thats saying something....2-4 at best in those games....

A bunch of crap

NC State @ BC - 7 ESPN
Rutgers @ WVU - 7 ESPN2
Michigan @ Iowa -9 - ESPN
Fordham @ Umass- 9 - ESPN2

Just remember who is dominating that school you couldn't even get into in pretty much everything this
laugh.gif
i'm in my 2nd year in college now, i could care lessi'm not at cal because i'm lovin the academics where i'm at, so you can stop trying to make that joke. but Furd bball>Cal bball, i'm noteven gonna deny that.

and wth is a "ghetto style team"?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

A bunch of crap

NC State @ BC - 7 ESPN
Rutgers @ WVU - 7 ESPN2
Michigan @ Iowa -9 - ESPN
Fordham @ Umass- 9 - ESPN2

The Tyrese Rice show
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(My dude, even though allen says he is selfish
laugh.gif
)

The Joe Alexander show....

The Manny Harris show....

The Lou Roe show
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Nothing good on ESPN tonight, i will probably watch BC to see Tyrese Rice until the Bulls come on at 8

But yeah Sampson should be fired, after the first time there shouldnt be any conversation of illegal calls or anything

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

Just found out I'm going to the Final Four with Sporting News.

I'm just a little bit excited.

Dear OUChrisLitt,

I hate you.

Very much so.

Yes I'm mad.

Yes I'm jealous

Sincerely,

Andre Clark
mad.gif
mad.gif

Congrats. That's one of the sporting events I want to attend in my lifetime.

I bet you are lol. I'd love to go, but the only way that would happen is if I work, for free, and I dunno if I wanna do that
ohwell.gif

I'm actually blessed enough that this'll be my third time and my second in San Antonio. I really LOVED San Antonio the first time I went, so I'mlooking forward to the Riverwalk again. Still. So. Pumped.

Back
Top Bottom