The College Basketball Post

laugh.gif
@ Quette or Purdue making a final 4 run.

I know a couple teams I'll be targeting to pick as potential upsets..based on the matchup

Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Xavier

and some off your list.

Originally Posted by petey yup

laugh.gif
@ Quette or Purdue making a final 4 run.

Purdue is 5-2 vs the top 50 RPI - only 7 teams in the country with more - they've also won 10 games in a row, you know a lot of other teams anywhere inthe country that have won their last 10? There's 5 of them in total - Duke, Memphis, Oral Roberts, Western Kentucky, and Davidson... That's not badcompany. And before you say it's just because the big 10 stinks, you'll be interested in knowing there's only 20 teams in total out of 340+ thathave won 9 or more of their last 10.. That kind of success in conference play ANYWHERE is impressive.
And Marquette? What exactly have they done that's so horrible? All their losses to top 25 (rpi) squads, with some good wins sprinkled in alongthe way... as I said, when they're on their game, they are dangerous.. I also believe both of these teams are very beatable when they come off their gameseven slightly.

I can guarantee no Little 10 team makes the Elite 8. GUARANTEE!
What do you base such asinine statements on?

And Marquette? What exactly have they done that's so horrible? All their losses to top 25 (rpi) squads, with some good wins sprinkled in along the way... as I said, when they're on their game, they are dangerous..

I'm comin around on them now. James, albeit still with a bad FG%, is at least playing smarter. McNeal and Matthews added to him, makes a dangerous team.

If they don't matchup with a physical team, they could win a few

Does Petey even realize how often the big ten is represented in the final four the past 10 years or so? For being the joke of a conference he paints it to be,it sure has seen a good amount of success the last decade.

edit: matter of fact, i just counted... last 10 years - big east has 4 final four teams, the little ten has had 9.

The difference between me and you is that I base things on actual play...not what a team's record is against the top 50 rpi. You're out of your mind ifyou think those young hicks at Purdue are making a deep tourney run.

The Big ten was always a great confernce obviously. Always did well in the tourney....thus why I call it the Little 10 now. It's just not like it used tobe. Wisconsin, Purdue, Indy, Mich St are all about at the same level. All can make the Sweet 16 most def and that's about it.

Go write a blog on you're cheating idol Kelvin Sampson.....

But Purdue is getting it done on the court, and playing really well..

I don't think they will make a serious run, but who knows...

they certainly are good enough to make it out of the first weekend, then from there, anything can happen

Louisville is the best team in the BIG EAST!

Like I said healthy they have a chance to go far...

I feel that the game vs Syracuse will be big for both teams

Lets go LOUISVILLE!

Originally Posted by allen3xis

And Marquette? What exactly have they done that's so horrible? All their losses to top 25 (rpi) squads, with some good wins sprinkled in along the way... as I said, when they're on their game, they are dangerous..

I'm comin around on them now. James, albeit still with a bad FG%, is at least playing smarter. McNeal and Matthews added to him, makes a dangerous team.

If they don't matchup with a physical team, they could win a few

Yea if they play a big team with someone inside who can work. Its over

Duke got Wake tonight @ 7:30......Should be a win, but nothing is guaranteed in conference play.....

My dude Tyrese is playing right now against UVA.....Rice vs. Singletary...

Originally Posted by petey yup

The difference between me and you is that I base things on actual play...not what a team's record is against the top 50 rpi. You're out of your mind if you think those young hicks at Purdue are making a deep tourney run.

The Big ten was always a great confernce obviously. Always did well in the tourney....thus why I call it the Little 10 now. It's just not like it used to be. Wisconsin, Purdue, Indy, Mich St are all about at the same level. All can make the Sweet 16 most def and that's about it.

Go write a blog on you're cheating idol Kelvin Sampson.....

I hate Purdue as much as anybody - they are the most annoying team to watch because they shouldn't be as good as they are.. i don't know, maybe ihate my own race or something but all those white guys are playing way over their heads.

But I've come around on them - they play really tough defense and take care of the ball on offense, which is a winning formula ANYWHERE.

I will admit the big 10 is having a down year overall - there's no powerhouse team, but there are a few with potential to go places this year.. andpeople have been saying that about the big 10 the last 5 years, that it's down and isn't like it used to be... But like i said, 9 final four teams inthe last 10 years.. can't be too down now can it?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I'm compiling a list of teams that are inconsistent as what... teams that are good enough, when playing their best, to make a final four run... but bad enough, when off their game, to lose to some first round scrubs..

Here's what i got so far..

Texas AM

There's a lot of midwest teams in there.. something in the water guys? Who else we got on this list?

All you have to do to beat us is knock down your shots. Our defense is too conservative for my liking. We never try to force turnovers, and just rely onplaying in your face defense trying to not give up too many open shots. If you knock down shots like OK State did yesterday, it's a wrap for us. Idon't think our offense is good enough to keep up with a team that will knock down their shots, which is gonna be a problem come tournament time.

indifferent.gif

Our whole %$@*@%* starting 5 fouled out. How the %+%@ did that even happen???

indifferent.gif

Yes Im mad

indifferent.gif

%+%@ Wake Forest and everybody on their team except for Ishmael Smith cause he's from my city and I played ball against him one time.....First these%$%%@%! beat FSU in football now they beat Duke in B-Ball

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Im glad Fr3sh got banned for trying to be funny about this %#%+.

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom