The College Basketball Post

At least college baseball season starts in 4 days
pimp.gif

Hopefully we won't be as disappointing in baseball as we were in football and have been in basketball (we haven't been that disappointing inbasketball, but we should have more wins and be doing better than we are).

Everytime A&M is playign on ESPN during a prime time, they embarrass themselves. This is bad. Can we please just not make the tournament? I wouldn'tmind taking two NIT tournaments in one season...

My goodness Texas is getting WORK outta their bigs tonight. These dudes came to play.

Has DeAndre Jordan done anything tonight? I don't think I've noticed him at any point in the game...

Has anyone played a tougher schedule than the Horns? I can't imagine any team will have been more battle tested than this one come March...

Originally Posted by tmay407

Everytime A&M is playign on ESPN during a prime time, they embarrass themselves. This is bad. Can we please just not make the tournament? I wouldn't mind taking two NIT tournaments in one season...
laugh.gif
But... The NIT is on ESPN, so that wouldn't work. At least the Dance is on CBS...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Has DeAndre Jordan done anything tonight? I don't think I've noticed him at any point in the game...

Other than block a shot or two, no he hasn't done anything. He never does. He needs so much work it's not even funny. MBen32 was right on on thisone, Deandre being a lottery pick is comedy.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Everytime A&M is playign on ESPN during a prime time, they embarrass themselves. This is bad. Can we please just not make the tournament? I wouldn't mind taking two NIT tournaments in one season...

laugh.gif
so true.. I'm so confused with this squad... they are so muchbetter than this, i know they are.. but they keep making me look stupid for defending them.

I'm dying to see a Nathan Walkup vs. JD Lewis one on one matchup at some point tonight. I should be getting it here pretty soon, provided the mismatchoccurs.

NATHANWALKUP7_12150.JPG

vs.

lewis_jd_011007_300.jpg

Talk about the matchup of the century
pimp.gif

At the game nowwas looking forward to watch a lottery pick but... Jordan is garbage, next howard my @#$ getting worked by undersized bigs..word to samdalembert. DJ is on point again! A&M is done! Hook'em

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

At the game nowwas looking forward to watch a lottery pick but... Jordan is garbage, next howard my @#$ getting worked by undersized bigs..word to sam dalembert. DJ is on point again! A&M is done! Hook'em

I think he'd benefit so much from another year, or possibly two. He still needs to fill out that lanky frame, he needs to work on his offensive skillset, and he really really needs to work on his defense. He's way too big of a project right now for to me to see him being worth a lottery pick.

I miss Acie Law.
pimp.gif

He was a great player. Always hit so many clutch shots last year.

The Texas game
pimp.gif

Kansas game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Texas Tech Game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He always buried the big ones. Yall miss him.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Does anyone feel like the committee will gladly leave Cuse out again if it's borderline, just to spit in Boeheim's arrogant little face? That, and I think many people get annoyed by all the sports writers that come out of Cuse... I don't know - I think last year they probably should've gotten in, but there was a good case to be made for every team that got in ahead of them too..

They've gotta start taking care of business here - i figured they'd lose tonight, L-Ville is hot as hell.. so this doesn't really hurt them, per sae.. but they need to start helping themselves... 9-9 is going to look very mediocre and put a lot of pressure on them in the BEt.

I think so also. Boeheim has got to get rid of that we don't leave New York mentality. If the Cuse played more real away games I wouldn't be tooworried about them as I am now. Sport writers in Syracuse suck! From the Post-Standard to the Daily Orange. Don't get me started on the D.O
mad.gif
Yes I'm mad.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I miss Acie Law.
pimp.gif

He was a great player. Always hit so many clutch shots last year.

The Texas game
pimp.gif

Kansas game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Texas Tech Game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

He always buried the big ones. Yall miss him.

Haha I don't care what team you are, any team is gonna miss a guy that outscores his opponents in the last 2 minutes of the game.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like Acie Law IV - 8 points, opponents - 6 points or something ridiculous like that. I reallydo miss him
tired.gif

^ Word we got a bunch of reporters who are scared to write the truth.

Mike Waters my @!#$!%! *%+.

They always right about how were so young and get good, " Moral Victories"
roll.gif

Rell what do you think bout the new sig?

Has DeAndre Jordan done anything tonight? This season? I don't think I've noticed him at any point in the game This year...
Fixed.
wink.gif
I hate to beat a dead horse with this Deandre Jordantalk but yall killed me with the Lottery Pick/Dwight Howard comparisons, however i do think dude has potential. Hopefully he is smart enough to stay in schoolatleast til the end of his junior year
ohwell.gif
But as of now..dude would getmanhandled in the league and would probably be a late first rounder just based off the fact he's 7'0 and very athletic...but so was Kwame Brown when hecame into the league
laugh.gif
or atleast thats what the "experts"said
laugh.gif

roll.gif

They are afraid to write how they really feel. They need some REAL sports columnists to come in and light a fire under them. Probably because Cuse is acollege town and if they lose their sports job there, good luck finding one somewhere else.

I'm liking the new sig. Hopkins is actually running the scene IMO. Boeheim IMO doesn't have it anymore. Letting a freshman go nut the way DonteGreene does is absurd. Any other HOF coach would've hemmed him up and sat him on the bench. I think the trip to USC in 2011 was brokered by Hopkins becausethere's no way in hell that Boeheim would leave the state of New York.

Very impressive performance from Texas

Pargo and the Zags for the nightcap
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still think Jordan would be a loto pick based on potential

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

roll.gif

They are afraid to write how they really feel. They need some REAL sports columnists to come in and light a fire under them. Probably because Cuse is a college town and if they lose their sports job there, good luck finding one somewhere else.

I'm liking the new sig. Hopkins is actually running the scene IMO. Boeheim IMO doesn't have it anymore. Letting a freshman go nut the way Donte Greene does is absurd. Any other HOF coach would've hemmed him up and sat him on the bench. I think the trip to USC in 2011 was brokered by Hopkins because there's no way in hell that Boeheim would leave the state of New York.

Yea i think JB really has lost it. He just does not have a fire to coach it seems like. Only a few more years.

I think Johnny and Donte' was his last class. He won't coach after there done.

Waste of a pick if you ask me. (it might just be my frustration coming out, but he's gonna be terrible in the league unless he stays and develops incollege for another year or two)

Kinda glad I didn't waste my time going to this game.

Impressive win for the Horns and they didn't let up in the last two minutes.

Lets keep this going
pimp.gif

I'm not saying it'd be the right decision...

but you see how Bynum has turned out, I think Jordan will get to being a good player, at somepoint.

Donte Greene would probably be a late loto pick at this point too, his play does not warrant it though

But as of now..dude would get manhandled in the league and would probably be a late first rounder just based off the fact he's 7'0 and very athletic...
Eh, I think you're out of your mind if you think he slips outta the Lottery. He's 7 feet tall, super-athletic, has a good frame to carryanother 10-15 pounds. He's already pretty damn good defensively, but his offensively skill-set is really, really raw. His ceiling is absolutely through theroof, and there's no denying that... Guys like DeAndre Jordan do not fall out of the Lottery. Under almost any circumstances.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Very impressive performance from Texas

Pargo and the Zags for the nightcap
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And Deandre would definittely go Lotto....Andrew Bynum went #10

still think Jordan would be a loto pick based on potential
ohwell.gif
too much for sure talent out there to be wasting lotterypicks on potential, i mean..everyone has potential . especially if your 7'0 and very athletic..but it doesnt mean your gonna pan to your fullpotential..and at that size if you dont dominate in college you have no business tryna head off to the league..the NBA is a whole different animale....plusdude is mad thin.
Eh, I think you're out of your mind if you think he slips outta the Lottery. He's 7 feet tall, super-athletic, has a good frame to carry another 10-15 pounds. He's already pretty damn good defensively, but his offensively skill-set is really, really raw. His ceiling is absolutely through the roof, and there's no denying that... Guys like DeAndre Jordan do not fall out of the Lottery. Under almost any circumstances.
slip outta the lottery?? dude doesnt even have any buisness leaving after this year...

Back
Top Bottom