The College Basketball Post

too much for sure talent out there to be wasting lottery picks on potential
If you can name me 14 players you'd take over DeAndre Jordan right now in an NBA draft, I'd love to see that list.
slip outta the lottery?? dude doesnt even have any buisness leaving after this year...
I never said he'd be making the right decision, but he will not fall out of the Lottery. He just won't. Guys that big, athletic andtalented do not fall out of the Top 14. It will not happen.

Again, not saying it'd be the right decision (although with about the 10th pick, it wouldn't be all that bad)

like Nowitness said, kids like him don't fall out of the lottery

Lakers fans, if I remember weren't happy with Bynum's selection, or him in his first year....I think they've changed their tune now, to say theleast
laugh.gif

Believe me people will always try potential.

Darko was taken over Carmelo. That was on potential.

After

Beasley
Rose
Gordon
Lopez

and probably Bayless at this point....

I could see an NBA team taking Jordan at any time after that

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Believe me people will always try potential.

Darko was taken over Carmelo. That was on potential.

exactly..potential means nothing to me...i can name plenty 7 footers who had "potential

Kwame
T.Chandler
K.Brown
D.Gooden
J.Jeffries
Olowakandi
Darko

in thats just recent memory..and maybe yall are right..he will be lottery casue he's 7'0...but mark my words...he wont be #$@% in the league.
smile.gif

3-15 and 3-13? Flynn and Green? I heard about shooters never seeing a shot they dont like but these guys gotta work on gettin some better shots, seems likenothing has dropped for them over the last month, besides Gtown. would be a crazy dangerous team if they shot just a bit better

Yeah, I don't think we're saying he's going to turn into a great player. (maybe he will)

That's up to him and the coaching/guidance he'll receive

but that potential could give him a spot in the lottery

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

I dunno but Paul Harris reminds me of Quentin Richardson at Depaul
except q-rich could shoot. harris has no jumper whatsoever.

Q-Rich was not a shooter coming out of Depaul....Did you see him play??? Him and.....Jermaine Wiggins

Q seemed like a PF, or that's how I remember him
laugh.gif

I looked up his stats and he did shoot a lot of 3's...I just really don't remember him doing so

Edwin Ubiles, 24 more tonight
pimp.gif

Jared Jordan and my man Louie Flores couldn't make it, but Thompson and Ubiles - 2 future NBA players from the MAAC

and Ubiles is only a sophomore
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Q seemed like a PF, or that's how I remember him
laugh.gif

I looked up his stats and he did shoot a lot of 3's...I just really don't remember him doing so
Yeah, Q really seemed like a tank at DePaul... Didn't he average over 10 boards a game?

And Q was a better shooter than Harris is... But I definitely see where the comparison can be drawn. Seems like a pretty good one, IMO.

Code:
What I found....damn injuries                  G  MIN  FG  FGA  3P 3PA  FT FTA  REB  PF AST  TO BLK STL  PTS98-99 DePaul     31 1040 203  425  44 127 136 183  327  69  32  61   8  24  58699-00 DePaul     33 1150 202  468  73 194  84 119  325  75  72  77   9  35  561--------------------------------------------------------------------------------TOTALS           64 2190 405  893 117 321 220 302  652 144 104 138  17  59 1147
Code:
                  MIN   FG%   3P%   FT%  RPG  APG  TPG  BPG  SPG   PPG98-99 DePaul     33.5  47.8  34.6  74.3 10.5  1.0  2.0  0.3  0.8  18.999-00 DePaul     34.8  43.2  37.6  70.6  9.8  2.2  2.3  0.3  1.1  17.0-----------------------------------------------------------------------TOTALS           34.2  45.4  36.4  72.8 10.2  1.6  2.2  0.3  0.9  17.9

I dunno but Paul Harris reminds me of Quentin Richardson at Depaul
I see the comparison. Guards banging low and leading their squads in rebounding. Quite frankly I didn't realize Q had range until he got tothe league. Now all he does is chuck.
D.Gooden
J.Jeffries
Olowakandi

Just to clear up some things. Gooden was a PF and definitely ISN'T 7 ft, neither is Jeffries. Olowakandi wasn't drafted on potential, he wasdrafted on the work he put in in college ala Kaman. All the other guys you listed were 7 footers straight out of high school. They were definitely drafted onpotential.

I think the one year rule is good because it's a chance to expose some individuals who would normally go in the lotto straight out of high school andshow that they aren't really doing legit work in college and do need some time to develop. Granted I don't know if NBA teams will take this intoaccount when drafting but at least it should paint a better picture for prospects if they have a one year "tryout" before hitting the league.

I still see teams drafting players like Jordan even though they see he needs some work kinda like with Hasheem last year. You see what another year in collegedid for Hasheem? He smartened up, stayed, developed big time and his stock is higher this year than it was last year. I hope Jordan and alot of prospects,more specifically big men, do the same as well.

^ I think if Thabeet came back for one more year (highly unlikely)...and worked on his offensive game, he could possibly #1 overall...

when you look at next year's relatively weak freshman class, and if all the top guys leave this season.

Crazy to think he'd come that far, but I think it would be possible.

but he seemed to want to leave last year pretty bad to help his mom and family out

anyway if he keeps it up and has a nice tournament, he's a Top 10 pick this year.

Your right Allen, dude improves every time he steps on the court, may not show it, but something gets better each game, but his family situation is bad news sothere is about a 5% chance he stays

indifferent.gif
@ me.

I thought the Zags game started @ 12 but it started @ 11....

Hasheem has made Drastic improvements....Like, he's actually catching passes, going up strong and dunking the ball...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Edwin Ubiles, 24 more tonight
pimp.gif

Jared Jordan and my man Louie Flores couldn't make it, but Thompson and Ubiles - 2 future NBA players from the MAAC

and Ubiles is only a sophomore
sick.gif
pimp.gif

don't sleep on the leading scorer in the nation, charron fisher. i do realize he has no chance at the nba, but the man is mauling the maac! niagara hasa serious shot to repeat as maac champs.

If he gets stronger, mostly lower body...it's a wrap

McDonald's Predictions
[table][tr][td] [img]http://www.risemag.com/images/FE/chain195siteType8/site161/v2/toolbox/email.jpg[/img][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Most Popular[/td] [/tr][tr][td]McDonald's Predictio…[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Class of 2008 Basket…[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Basketball Rankings…[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rynell Parson - Play…[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Related Articles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Class of 2008 Basket…[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Class of 2008 Basket…[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Recruit Zone - Oct 07[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Class of 2008 Final…[/td] [/tr][/table]
By: Ryan Canner-O'Mealy 2/15/08

The most prestigious postseason all-star game is right around the corner, with theMcDonald's All-American Game slated to take place on March 26 in Milwaukee.

While the rosters will be out on Tuesday, here are our predictions for the 24 spots. When the names come out next week, we'll see how close we came byposting the actual rosters.

NOTE: Adam Zagoria, the New York/New Jersey high school hoops expert, has already reported that four players from those two states - Samardo Samuels, KembaWalker, Mike Rosario and Sylven Landesberg - have made the game. The selections are supposed to be kept quiet until Tuesday, but we'll trust Zagoria'ssources on this one. Samuels and Walker were no-brainers and Rosario was a near-lock anyway. The only mild surprise would be Landesberg, even though he'shad a great year against some great competition.

EAST

G - Tyreke Evans, American Christian (Aston, Pa.)

The best guard in the country, Evans has played through off-court distractions to earn this spot with ease.

G - Elliot Williams, St. George's (Collierville, Tenn.)
The Duke-bound Williams can fill it up against anyone and future Blue Devils always get love from the selection committee.

G - Kemba Walker
The lightning-quick Walker has proved his mettle against the nation's toughest competition, New York's CHSAA.

G - Sylven Landesberg
Like Walker a product of the CHSAA, the Virginia-bound scorer is a borderline pick, but certainly deserving.

G - Mike Rosario
The best player on one of the nation's best teams, Rosario is everything an All-American should be.

G/F - Scotty Hopson, University Heights (Hopkinsville, Ky.)
Smooth-shooting Hopson is one of the nation's best players and will be one of the game's few unsigned prospects.

F - Samardo Samuels, St. Benedict's Prep (Newark, N.J.)
The nation's top player, this bruising big man has put up great numbers against top competition. A no-brainer.

F - Al-Farouq Aminu, Norcross (Norcross, Ga.)
Had a signature performance against fellow top big man Greg Monroe, leading his Norcross squad to a nice win.

F - Ed Davis, Benedictine (Richmond, Va.)
Davis, an automatic double-double, will give the East squad another dominant power forward.

F - Henry Sims
Maybe a bit of a reach, but Sims has had a huge year, including a 30-point performance against Oak Hill.

F - Rashanti Harris
Another player whose stock has skyrocketed this year, Harris netted 28 points and 12 boards against fellow All-American Greg Monroe.

C - Ty Walker
Walker might not have the offensive numbers of his fellow All-Americans, but he can change a game with his dominant rebounding and shot blocking.

WEST

G - Jrue Holiday, Campbell Hall (North Hollywood, Calif.)
One of the smoothest players in the country, Holiday has put up big point totals all year.

G - Brandon Jennings, Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Va.)
The California native is easily the nation's most exciting player, combining no-look passes, killer crossovers and long-range 3-pointers.

G - Malcolm Lee, J.W. North (Riverside, Calif.)
A consummate point guard, there's no doubt Lee can score, but he will have no problem getting his teammates involved.

G - William Buford, Libbey (Toledo, Ohio)
The sweet-shooting Buford is nearly automatic from downtown and a threat to win the game's 3-point shootout.

G - Iman Shumpert, Oak Park-River Forest (Oak Park, Ill.)
Shumpert's all-around game has the Georgia Tech-bound guard ready to play on the nation's biggest stage.

G - Willie Warren, North Crowley (Fort Worth, Texas)
After a brief stint at Oak Hill, Warren came back home and has been more effective than ever, sharing the ball but still putting up big point totals.

G/F - DeMar DeRozan, Compton (Compton, Calif.)
The high-flying DeRozan has carried Compton to a great season and is a top 10 player nationally.

F - Greg Monroe, Helen Cox (Harvey, La.)
One of the country's most talented players, he's struggled a bit against elite bigs like Aminu and Samuels, but still one of the nation's best.

F - Luke Babbitt, Galena (Reno, Nev.)
The Nevada-bound Babbitt has proven to be the real deal with a monster senior year. Can score from the paint or beyond the 3-point arc.

F - Mike Dunigan, Farragut (Chicago, Ill.)
Dunigan has been a one-man wrecking crew for Farragut, scoring down low, rebounding and blocking shots against top Chicago competition.

C - BJ Mullens, Canal Winchester (Canal Winchester, Ohio)
Mullens netted 62 points in one game this year, and he's consistently proven to be the best pure center in the country.

C - Tyler Zeller, Washington (Washington, Ind.)
Zeller is an athletic big man who has improved greatly over the past year, earning him a coveted spot on this team.

Henry, Greg
pimp.gif

EZ Pass
pimp.gif

Elliot Williams..although a Dukie
pimp.gif

Dunigan
pimp.gif

official list comes tomorrow or wednesday

don't sleep on the leading scorer in the nation, charron fisher. i do realize he has no chance at the nba, but the man is mauling the maac! niagara has a serious shot to repeat as maac champs.
Fisher has been killin the MAAC for it seems like forever...he takes enough shots
laugh.gif

The MAAC tournament is gona be interesting as I said a few pages ago

Rider, Siena, Niagara, Loyola, and even Marist and Fairfield have a shot at it

C - Ty Walker
Walker might not have the offensive numbers of his fellow All-Americans, but he can change a game with his dominant rebounding and shot blocking.
F - Al-Farouq Aminu, Norcross (Norcross, Ga.)
Had a signature performance against fellow top big man Greg Monroe, leading his Norcross squad to a nice win.
Boy did Wake Forest land a gem in Aminu.. Along with Jeff Teague and Ishmail, Wake Forest looks well prepped for next year..
I'm looking at some big men, and it shows that they all did work on Greg Monroe... You concerned Allen haha..

did work on Greg Monroe... You concerned Allen haha..
laugh.gif
. I still don't know what to really think about him,yet.

From what I've seen, he appears to be passive at times and almost a little soft until someone really gets him mad....kinda like Jeff Green in a way.

But he fits the system perfectly, really looks like a great passer, can handle and should be a presence on the defensive end.

I'm hearin that Henry Sims might actually be as good or even better when its all said and done

We'll see though, they'll both see the floor a lot next year.

Boy did Wake Forest land a gem in Aminu.. Along with Jeff Teague and Ishmail, Wake Forest looks well prepped for next year..
Gaudio has done a remarkable job based on circumstances

fisher has been killin the MAAC for it seems like forever...he takes enough shots
laugh.gif

The MAAC tournament is gona be interesting as I said a few pages ago

Rider, Siena, Niagara, Loyola, and even Marist and Fairfield have a shot at it
ya, i always look forward to watching the maac tournament. me being from buffalo, i get all the games. it be unreal if niagara made it back 2back. if you remember last year, i was the crazy one who ridiculously thought niagara could compete with kansas.
roll.gif
the competitiveness lasted about a whole 2 minutes. still though, it'sexciting to see a local team in the big dance (i'ma bonnies fan
tired.gif
).if niagara does miraculously go back 2 back it would be amazing, and at least i can be rest assured they wont be in the insulting play-in game again.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom