The College Basketball Post

i just hope Cal recruits a big man for next year to help out Dozier and Taggert in the paint
and yes, Dorsey is a....well, i cant tell what #@%*%% means, bt im pretty sure we on da same page
JUST PLAY BALL AND SHUT UP

it's now down to the field of 64...cornell is in.

someone needs to start a championship week thread next week.

so what are the chances of arizona st. getting in the tourney if they win against oregon and oregon st. plus a win or two in the pac10 tourney?

smfh. the futility of every kansas state player not named michal beasley has become comical. i'll even throw walker in with the rest of the garbagesurrounding beasley.

they really are in serious danger of missing the tourney.
smh.gif

Kansas State

18-10 (8-6)
RPI: 44
SOS: 13
last 10: 4-6
big wins: Kansas
good losses: Kansas, Texas
bad losses: George Mason, Missouri

next two games vs. Colorado and Iowa State. should be easy wins and that would make K-State a definite lock.

someone needs to start a championship week thread next week.
This has been a classic thread, why not keep it goin till the real tournament?

My thoughts from today..

- Stanford and the Lopez twins are certainly legit, however, the lack of athleticism has got to be a concern.

- Duke pulled it out but from what I watched, McCauley and Costner grabbed every rebounded and controlled the paint. That's not a good sign. Gutsy winotherwise.

- NT's own made a hell of a play for Marquette...respect to you, sir. (sorry it wasn't enough
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
) On that, Georgetown/Louisville is a big one for the conference title a week from now. Also, Roy is still the best big man in the Big East.

- For Jonny and Donte to play as well as they did, and lose....that pretty much sealed their fate. I still don't know how they blew that.

- Bobby Gonzalez calling the TO when they hit a half court shot
laugh.gif
...toughbreak. Anytime Norm Roberts gets a thread on here, they play well, go figure..

- For the obvious...Michael Beasley, is a beast...and it's a shame he has no guards. Also I was wrong with this kid and unfairly judged him. He handleshimself very well on the court...when he could get really frustrated.

- Who didn't see that Vandy loss coming?

- OJ is a killer (pun intended?)
pimp.gif
.....but big win for Arizona St

- AJ Price is Big East POY.

- Miami's in..Frank Haith, nicely done...however I keep thinkin if Jack was still in Albany (
eek.gif
tired.gif
)

- UMass is close now.

- Tyrese Rice did his thing.....as did Singletary today.

- UNC needs to play defense....I'm sorry, I know Rice was in a zone, but cmon...

- George Mason, pathetic loss.

- If Texas has 30 more seconds, they win...DJ
pimp.gif

- DJ or Rose are the best PG's in the country...take your pick.

- I keep wondering who's gona take over for Kansas when they need a score. Someday's they look like the NCAA champs, other's not so much....andthat factor is discouraging to me.

And tomorrow is a pretty good day for CBB...for a Sunday.

Everything aside, today was an excellent example as to why college hoops is the best of all sports
pimp.gif

One last thing,

##%% Vitale is certainly a step behind, and he's not with it...

Dan Shulman should not be the guy pointing out Kansas switching to a Box and 1.

- AJ Price is Big East POY.

really? is that out of hate for Harangody, or what?

he has one good game after 3 of his worst performances of this season and you have him locked in for POY?

DJ/AJ
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jamont
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tyrese
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(I been telling y'all bastards all year about my dude......He just had to go for 46 for y'all to listen
smh.gif
)

Congrats to Coach K on 800....I'm liking the way he's letting the kids play through these tough spells...

It's partially hate...I won't lie, but...

that Uconn team is not nearly as good without AJ, he's deserving and it's not a stretch.

Jeff Adrien is better, Robinson is better, Thabeet is better, Austrie has played well filling in....all a product of Price, imo.

It's also because ND is set up again for their inevitable burnout in the tournament (i know the award is prior to that, but just sayin...)

I'm not saying Harangody isn't deserving, he certainly is.

But if I had a vote, it'd be AJ

I just don't like him Dre
laugh.gif

He damn sure was killin today tho.

Rakim Sanders will be a player for BC...but other than that...

Al Skinner's recruiting-
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

and I'll spare the talk, but...I just found this..

61%
Georgetown shooting, second half.

26%
Marquette shooting, second half.

Georgetown turnovers in game.

Georgetown turnover in last 6:20 of 2nd half and into OT.

That aint luck.

With that..
Basically every top 10 team has a weakness....I'd say UCLA is most complete right now though...but it should make for an interesting tournament....maybe a3 seed can sneak up on everyone this year like Florida of 2 years ago....when there were top teams, but nobody had really separated themselves from the pack

It's partially hate...I won't lie, but...

that Uconn team is not nearly as good without AJ, he's deserving and it's not a stretch.

Jeff Adrien is better, Robinson is better, Thabeet is better, Austrie has played well filling in....all a product of Price, imo.

It's also because ND is set up again for their inevitable burnout in the tournament (i know the award is prior to that, but just sayin...)

I'm not saying Harangody isn't deserving, he certainly is.

But if I had a vote, it'd be AJ

oh alright...
laugh.gif

but i see what you're saying i guess. cant say that me or most people would agree, but Price's contributions to his team should definitely not beunderstated

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I just don't like him Dre
laugh.gif

He damn sure was killin today tho.

Rakim Sanders will be a player for BC...but other than that...

Al Skinner's recruiting-
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

You're a f'n hater son.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What exactly don't you like about him???

Dude was unstoppable.....he had a lack-luster 2nd half.....and still had 12 points....
smh.gif

Dude has to put the team on his back every single night....

Oh yeah...
indifferent.gif
Al Skinner's recruitng....Terrible...
smh.gif
smh.gif

'Rese needs talent around him.....Hopefully he gets his recognition....

I hate;

Jared Dudley
Scoonie Penn
Danya Abrams (sp?)
Craig Smith
Sean Marshall
Troy Bell

Lol, I hate BC, basically.

Not their games.

Sean Williams is my dude though, lol

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I hate;

Jared Dudley
Scoonie Penn
Danya Abrams (sp?)
Craig Smith
Sean Marshall
Troy Bell

Lol, I hate BC, basically.

Not their games.

Sean Williams is my dude though, lol

I hate them light skinned bastards....
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Esp. that @%%@+$ Jared Dudley....
indifferent.gif

Sean Marshall
smh.gif
smh.gif
Ole fake %** college version of Matt Barnes

Dude really thought he was good...
smh.gif
smh.gif

I %!!!*@ w/ Troy Bell though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Jason Harden must be the freshmen we're not talking about. Kid is legit.
smokin.gif

james*
he's improved immensely since his freshman yr in high school...look for big things from him for years to come. went from a chubby, 6'1guard who used to shoot from his hip to one of the best freshman in the country.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Jason Harden must be the freshmen we're not talking about. Kid is legit.
smokin.gif

james*
he's improved immensely since his freshman yr in high school...look for big things from him for years to come. went from a chubby, 6'1 guard who used to shoot from his hip to one of the best freshman in the country.

Shows you what I know about this kid
laugh.gif
. Don't come by too manASU games around these parks.

Stanford and the Lopez twins are certainly legit, however, the lack of athleticism has got to be a concern.
I used to worry about this, but not anymore. I've come to realize it doesn't really matter as we never allow run and gun teams to playtheir normal game against us. It's amazing what the dinosaurs tyranoscoreus rex (brook) and reboundascoreus (robin) do to change the game not just in theamount of blocked shots, but travels forced, passes forced out of bounds, and other various turnovers. That and give brook the ball within 7 feet of thebasket, and it's virtually done. He's shown consistently that he can power through the double or even triple team and score or draw the fall many moretimes than not. That or just dish it out of the double to robin for an easy score. Would I love to have a super athletic guard who could shoot the long ball?Absolutely, but it's tough to find players like that who can make the academics. I'm content with playing smart basketball and keeping things run in aset as opposed to turning it into a battle of pure athleticism. I'd rather not be put in a match up with a purely athletic team, I'd much rather face aduke or kansas, but if it happens, so be it. IT won't be the normal game for that team and should be interesting

He can average 50 and 20 his last 3 games, and then I might admit it
laugh.gif

^^ I worry about, partly due to one of them (particularly, Brook) getting into foul trouble at somepoint

Nowitness or Tmay...I missed the talk earlier...what the hell is to make of A&M after today?
sick.gif

a day out on saturday and I come home to a tv full of Tivo'd games
smile.gif
.. First thing I noticed during the Kansas vs. Kansas State game.. Bill Walker isfrigging DIRTY.. I mean Rodman dirty.. I can't stand that dude at all.. Tripping Sausha Kaun, and rubbing your forearms and hands in Stewarts face during aloose ball.. I seriously want to see somebody step up to dude.. and Yes Kansas Sate has absolutely no guard play..

Can't wait to see the UNC vs BC game.. Gotta see Rice in action..

And another thing! UofH just lost to ECU.. good bye tournament!
smh.gif
.. ECU???

Nowitness or Tmay...I missed the talk earlier...what the hell is to make of A&M after today?
Yeah, really bad...
laugh.gif

They've got Baylor and Kansas left, so they've got chances to solidify their tournament hopes... But it's definitely not a good look for the Aggiesright now. When they are good, we see them run through Texas, when they're bad, they got woodshedded by the Horns, score 10 points in a half againstOklahoma, lose to Nebraska at home... When it rains, it pours...

I honestly believe they have the talent to play with anyone, but the intangible factors that played so heavily into their favor the last 2 years just are notthere right now. You'd think a little bit of Acie Law would have rubbed off on someone in that locker room... They need somebody to step up, grabthat locker room by the balls and hold everyone on that team accountable. Their backs are against the wall now, so we'll see what they're made of thisweek...
And another thing! UofH just lost to ECU.. good bye tournament! .. ECU???
Yeah, Houston and Stephen F Austin both cost themselves at-large opportunities today...

Back
Top Bottom