The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He can average 50 and 20 his last 3 games, and then I might admit it
laugh.gif

^^ I worry about, partly due to one of them (particularly, Brook) getting into foul trouble at somepoint

Nowitness or Tmay...I missed the talk earlier...what the hell is to make of A&M after today?
sick.gif

Haha give that boy Harongody the BE POY award. He's been a monster, and has carried that ND team for the most part.

But on to A&M...Turgeon is just an idiot. Plain and simple. The gameplanning that I've seen from him is terrible. One thing that I've noticedfrom the games that we've lost is that we're playing from the outside in, instead of from the inside out. With people like Jones, Davis, and Jordan inthe middle (we also have Elonu who was looking good early in the season, but doesn't play anymore...?), why don't we just try to dominate the middleearly, then pass out of the double teams that will come for the open outside shot. It's worked for most of the games that we've won in the Big XIIplay. In the losses, we've gotten behind because we weren't hitting the long shots early, then we just keep shooting them thinking it's the onlyway to get back in the game. I like how he started letting people like Beau Muhlbach and Derek Lewis play, but I think he's letting them play a little toomuch, especially Muhlbach. Yesterday Turgeon put Muhlbach out at the 4, when Blake Griffin and Longar Longar we're on the floor. Tell me who he expectsMuhlbach (who stands 6'5" tall) to guard out of those two. There are more problems, but I don't really feel like typing them out, cuz they'reprobably just little things that irritate me.

When we're on, we're unstoppable. I think we're seriously one of the best in the nation if we play good consistently. When we're not on,which has happened a lot this season, we're just terrible. None of our upperclassmen seem to want to step up when it matters like Acie would.
With two games left in Big Xii play, we have to at least split, in my opinion. We go to Baylor on Wednesday, then get Kansas at home on Saturday. Ifthe season ended today, we would be the 5th seed in the Big Xii tourney, which would match us up against Colorado. We need to take at least one in the tourney,so matching up against Colorado would be the best for us. If Kansas State could jump Baylor so that Baylor gets the 4th seed, I think we'd be in a goodposition to take 2 games in the tournament.

sick.gif
Indiana getting smacked by Michigan State... Terrible.

Good game for Kentucky today... Giving Tennessee all they wanted on the road without Pat Patterson.

Just wanted to say im proud of my cats today, even though they didnt come out on top. The way they played without patterson showed alot of heart. I think thatwill help the comittee decide that we are a tournament team as long as we win these last 2 games.

Nova looking good early @ L-Ville... would be a HUGE win for Nova, maybe even push them onto the good side of the bubble if they won here.

I far from even liking UK...but hard not to root for them today, great performance....Tennessee, not very impressive.

Indiana mailed it in today..

ND won't get out of the first weekend playing defense like they do. They won't shoot this well against teams that play defense either.

- Rider and Siena stay neck and neck..nobody cares other than me and JRain...but the MAAC Tournament is going to be GREAT

Why did Kirk Walters not take that shot??? I know he sucks, but he was wide open, Or Bayless coulda dished it back to him or Jawan...
Kevin O'Neill....great offensive sets the last five minutes
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

And if officials are gona call post play like that, lets pencil in UCLA and UNC for April 7th
ohwell.gif

Time to start calling Blake Griffin...Boobie Myles...seriously, i dont care how minor a surgery is, if you need surgery this late in the season, coupled withthe previous problems...shut it down..you're not going anywhere, except at best the 2nd round anyway

- Rider and Siena stay neck and neck..nobody cares other than me and JRain...but the MAAC Tournament is going to be GREAT
it's gonna be niagara and siena in the finals, unless they meet in the semis.

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

Just wanted to say im proud of my cats today, even though they didnt come out on top. The way they played without patterson showed alot of heart. I think that will help the comittee decide that we are a tournament team as long as we win these last 2 games.
believe it or not, this has been one of my favorite teams...just for the fact that they play with so much pride and heart.

Indiana got drummed.
laugh.gif

Time to start calling Blake Griffin...Boobie Myles...seriously, i dont care how minor a surgery is, if you need surgery this late in the season, coupled with the previous problems...shut it down..you're not going anywhere, except at best the 2nd round anyway
Blake was never healthy when he came back... He should have waited it out and gotten 100% before he got back on the court. He'll be back nextyear, and those boys will be DANGEROUS. Blake and Willie Warren are gonna kill it. Plus Keith Clark back on the floor... Maaan.

Yeah, but now...I saw he's having surgery but will be back for the post season..(why I say, it must be minor)

but that's just a dumb idea

pimp.gif
@ MSU beating down Indiana and going off for 100+ today. when them boys are hitting, you might as well go home. live and die by the 3, though.they're a team that could be on either side of a bracketbuster.

Syracuse is out of the tournament picture, as if we didn't know this already.

They are the last four out according to Joe Lunardi.

RPI went up 7 spots to 52 and SOS went up 3 spots to 11 today. gotta (should) beat South Carolina wednesday, setting up an interesting game vs. Florida to endthe regular season (winner might be the one who gets in between the two.)

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

Originally Posted by SCuse7

SCuse,
Did you go to the game yesterday?
No I couldn't. My mom and sister did. Did you go?

Yeah. 4 rows away from the court under the basket.

eek.gif

Damn that is sweet. To bad you had to see them lose like that. They musta looked bad up close. They looked sick on TV.
smh.gif

Syracuse is out of the tournament picture, as if we didn't know this already.

They are the last four out according to Joe Lunardi.

That's from before the Pitt game. We are farther then the 2nd team out now....

smh.gif
@ St joes. A10 is just too crazy recently.

Wildcats up against it now
As for UK, it's not that the NCAA will penalize the Wildcats for losing Patrick Patterson for the rest of the season. It's that the selection committee is instructed to take those things into account. It selects teams based on who they are at tourney time.

That doesn't mean everything UK has done for the past two months is wiped out. It just means the Cats need to keep winning without Patterson, essentially to ratify that Southeastern Conference resume.

If UK still finishes second in its division, not only should it get an NCAA bid, but Billy Gillispie should be a lock for SEC Coach of the Year. If it beats Tennessee today, he should be governor.

But it's a horribly long shot. In reality, UK might not win another game. For a blueprint of how it might have to play, see U of L's game against Purdue when David Padgett, Juan Palacios and Caracter were out. Also note the final score.

Losing Patterson shouldn't take away from how hard UK has fought, but it probably has made the fight to make the tournament too hard.

If they won today, they were in...

Now, I think they'd have to make the final of the SEC Tourn. to get a shot...

the early season losses are too much.

Jasper, Bradley and Stevenson played their #$%*@ off today tho.

Pearl better enjoy being SEC king now, beacuse BG is takin that title soon

I was going to say the samething

tired.gif
@ letting that soft bum chase get 24 points today. good win none theless

Oops...I always forget about them now
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

He certainly has that title...

I won't get into my opinion of Donovan getting lucky with that class and he'll never win a title again....probably not a popular opinion
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom