"I can't watch my carbs cause I love the bread"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
thanks for posting that video wildkycat.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by PACMAN301

Where you playing? Any decisions yet? (i assume you haven't graduated already)..

Idk, I'm leaning towards Georgetown. Only thing is, I wouldn't get that much PT
smh.gif

�Come play at Penn State is you're any good... we could use some more talent up here.�
laugh.gif
� Nah seriously though, good luck with whatever you decide.. last NT'er that was a well known college bball player (who openly admitted they were somebody, i should clarify, that i can remember) was Luke Whitehead at Louisville, who of course is famous for this disturbing image...

Anyone know if he's still around on NT?

Anyways - here's the insider andy katz wrote, dealing mostly with the UCLA/Texas game..
http://
[h1]Texas' Augustin might be POY[/h1]
posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2007��|��Print Entry

Quick hitters for Tuesday:

Nearly a month into the season, the national player of the year leader might just be Texas sophomore guard .J. Augustin, who's made key plays in two of the best wins of the season to date over Tennessee in Newark, N.J., and then at UCLA. "I told you this summer, I'm not putting that pressure on him and he doesn't care; just like Kevin Durant, it's the furthest thing from his mind," said Texas coach Rick Barnes. "[D.J.] is all about winning. He's so unselfish. He's become such a great leader."

• Barnes doesn't buy that the Longhorns are better without Durant. "That's just stupid," Barnes said. "Put Durant on this team, we've just added 25 points and 10 rebounds. This team is ahead of last year's at this point, but that doesn't mean we're better."

• Barnes continues to buck the system with perhaps more elite games for a top-10 team than any other squad. Texas played Tennessee and at UCLA, and still has Michigan State in Auburn Hills, Wisconsin and Saint Mary's to come prior to the Big 12 opener at Missouri on Jan. 12. "I could buy 10 games if I wanted to, but that's not what we're about," Barnes said. "We could just go ahead and book 25-30 wins, but what our players want to do is play a better schedule. I can't imagine at the end of the year if anyone will play a tougher schedule."

• Texas is always about player development, but the Longhorns might have done their best job getting Connor Atchley to be a player. When the 6-foot-10 junior arrived in Austin three years ago, he was a bean pole with little meat. Now, he's a strong 226 pounds and a major contributor. His confidence is at an all-time high; he made a huge 3-pointer to help the Longhorns beat the Bruins on Sunday night. Barnes said Atchley made the defensive play of the game when he was able to help deny Kevin Love the ball and force a turnover late in the game. He said Atchley used to be strictly a jump shooter but is no longer a limited player.

• UCLA coach Ben Howland said the Bruins dug too big a whole for themselves in the loss to Texas. He said Darren Collison still isn't 100 percent into the flow of the offense (4-of-14 against the Longhorns). He said the Bruins are still getting used to having Collison back at the point after playing with Russell Westbrook at the position through the first six games. Howland said Collison just got beat by Augustin on the final Texas possession. Howland added that the Bruins didn't switch correctly defensively and that was a problem on Atchley's 3-pointer. He also said we shouldn't read into Love not finishing the game, since Lorenzo Mata-Real had been in late situations against Michigan State, too.

• Howland said he could have played Michael Roll more, too, but Roll, who played five minutes, had practiced only twice prior to the game after suffering a ruptured plantar fascia. Roll, a perimeter threat, should get more run against Davidson on Saturday in the John Wooden Classic in Anaheim. Howland said James Keefe (offseason shoulder surgery) finally got cleared to practice for Tuesday, so that means for the first time this season all 11 scholarship players will be at practice. Howland also said that after dealing with so many injuries this season he's no longer going to fret the possibility of signing too many players. The Bruins are two below the NCAA maximum of 13.

• Baylor coach Scott Drew said LaceDarius Dunn tweaked his knee and is out for two to four weeks after suffering the injury in the final minutes against Washington State on Friday. Dunn (12.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg) and leading scorer Curtis Jerrells (12.4 ppg) couldn't finish the three-point loss to the Cougars. Drew didn't understand why Jerrells had severe leg cramps considering he was fine during a three-game grind in the Virgin Islands in mid-November.

• Drew said the Bears did miss an opportunity for power-rating points by losing to Washington State. Baylor, which had wins over Wichita State and Notre Dame in the Paradise Jam, still has a road game at South Carolina and a game against Arkansas in Dallas prior to Big 12 play. Baylor will need to pick up one or both to improve its stock in addition to finishing in the top six in the Big 12. "If Winthrop does what it did last year, then that will be a huge RPI win for us," Drew said. "There is greater value playing Wichita and Winthrop then some other teams. We have good RPI teams on our schedule."

• Craziest score of Monday night had to be Radford at Gardner-Webb. Radford won 100-97 in double overtime. There were 100 free throws in the game with GW going 29-of-51 and Radford 36-of-49. A total of six players, three on each team, fouled out. Radford's Amir Johnson was 10-of-10 at the line. G-Webb's Grayson Flittner was 12-of-15 as was Radford's Kenny Thomas. Radford lost to G-Webb 93-83 at home on Nov. 17.

�malik story (going to usc next yr) is on here.

So, overall the Jimmy V was good.

ND vs K-State was a much better game than USC Memphis.
Harangody was beasting on them until he got in foul trouble.
Beasley was doing his thing, obviously.
Bill Walker actually looked really good out there.

Memphis was sloppy as all hell the entire game.
Davon Jefferson's dunks were crazy live. His whole game is smooth.
Again, Memphis played absolutely terrible and still won.

I wouldn't get that much PT
A walk on is getttin no PT at Gtown now, not with how we're recruitng..

like others said, smaller school and playing time might be the way to go.

However an education like Gtown is damn good to pass on

i expect tha homie pargo to murk derrick low...but should be a decent test again for the bulldogs

lil Johnny get work again
really not likin this dude so far
laugh.gif

Devendorf and Harris
pimp.gif
......the rest, no thanks

not that he isn't a good player. Same with USC, good team, just don't like them.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

UVA and Syracuse

Look for me.

We need this win. All we got to do is shut down Singletary. Johnny needs to keep playing well.

Allen are you still a bit salty about last year?
laugh.gif
Na just playing. Wellsee what happens come game time.

We need this win. All we got to do is shut down Singletary. Johnny needs to keep playing well.

Easier said than done....

And, screw all this Big LEAST talk.....Its all about the ACC BABY!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Allen are you still a bit salty about last year?
laugh.gif

You know what, I actually don't have the hatred for Cuse like most Gtown fans, I guess because I'm only 21.

I grew up kind of liking that John Wallace crew and guys like Todd Burgan, Lawerence Moten, etc.

I do hate Coach B though
laugh.gif

Devendorf and Harris
pimp.gif
......the rest, no thanks
You buggin' off that juice. I can't stand GMac Lite. I guarantee dude pops a fitted and a tall tee on after the game is over
laugh.gif
If it weren't for Lil' Johnny and Green Cuse would be a bubble squadfor the NIT.
Its all about the ACC BABY!!!!!!!
mmmmm, c'mon now, let's fall back a bit. Even I know the ACC ain't the best conference in the country.
Beasley was doing his thing, obviously.
Yea but he had to get it on his own. They don't run plays for this dude and it's mind boggling. I guess you could blame the defense fordoubling down even when he doesn't have the ball but dude is good enough to be a point forward type ala Lamar Odem/Scottie Pippen. Let him handle the rockat the top of the key if he's not eatin' down on the blocks.
Again, Memphis played absolutely terrible and still won.
Seriously. I had them as my favorites but after watching their last couple games at MSG I can definitely see some weaknesses in their game. Ifyou let a squad like USC take you to overtime and you shoot 37% as a squad then you have issues.

Sean is shredding the zone with the pass and they getting Big Boi'd on the boards..

Eric left is mean

And my lil man Johnny queiting the crowd

Gtown just did two thing that really annoyed me in a 30 second span... first Ewing goes down hard and the bama player and referee are standing over him tryingto help him up, and he turns the other way and doesn't take their help... they're both left standing there like, "what the hell dude? wedidn't knock you down?"... then the next time down they court they get a layup and as the ball comes through the net they smack the ball way back outof play.. something i've seen a ton of players doing this year. Luckily this time, the ref gave them a whistle and warned them for it.

That needs to become an instant technical as far as i'm concerned.. when you are intentionally trying to delay the other team from getting to the scoredball and bringing the ball in, you need t'd up. Don't know why it's become such a trend this year, but it needs to stop.. that's crap.

also, here's andy katz insider for today...

[h1]Cougs-Zags a big deal[/h1]
posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 | Print Entry

SPOKANE, Wash. -- The headline in the Spokesman Review characterizes the importance of Wednesday night's Washington State-Gonzaga game: "Cougs-Zags, 'huge deal'

It is a huge deal. This is the first time the two teams have been ranked at the same time when playing. That's quite remarkable when you think they're just 90 minutes apart and regular opponents.

Still, that speaks to how far the Cougs have come in the past decade during the Gonzaga renaissance.

And while the game might not get as much national publicity as it should (ESPNU, 11 p.m. ET), some of the teams' previous opponents are fawning over the two squads.

Saint Joseph's lost to Gonzaga last Thursday in Philadelphia. Hawks coach Phil Martell said Gonzaga's swagger is akin to "Duke's. They are very, very impressive. You end up playing more than their players."

Martelli called the Zags a "wonderful team." And he was effusive with his praise for sophomore guard Matt Bouldin and freshman wing Austin Daye. He said he wasn't as convinced about junior guard Jeremy Pargo on tape or in person but like the team, Pargo's "swagger" carries him through many a moment.

Martelli said the ticket for last Thursday's Zag game was the toughest he had to handle in his 13 years, even more so he said than Jameer Nelson's last game in 2004. The Hawks and Zags went into overtime with Gonzaga winning 70-65. In fact, just about every game in the series seems to go down to the wire (83-80 Gonzaga win in Philadelphia; 79-78 overtime win by Saint Joe's in Spokane in 2003; 73-66 Saint Joe's win in New York in 2004 and 102-94 Gonzaga win in Spokane in 2006), prompting Martelli to say they should just play the final minute. The series will take a year off next year with both schools talking about rekindling it in the future.

Meanwhile, WSU beat Baylor last Friday in Waco. Baylor coach Scott Drew loved the Cougars' backcourt of Derrick Low, Kyle Weaver and Taylor Rochestie. "They're just not going to beat themselves," Drew said.

But if there were X factors for the Cougs, Drew said it was senior Robbie Cowgill (tied a career-high 18 points against the Bears), junior Daven Harmeling (made two critical 3s against Baylor) and junior center Aron Baynes (scored 10 points in 13 minutes against the Bears).

Drew, who loves to recruit internationally, said Baynes, an Australian, is a load and continues to be tough to handle. He said he has watched Baynes develop from Australia to stateside. As for Hamerling, Drew said if "he gets off against Gonzaga, he could have 20. I wouldn't be shocked."

The Cougs played a weaker schedule and this is the only ranked team the Cougs will play in the nonconference, which puts even more importance on the game for WSU. The next games prior to the Pac-10 are: Portland State, The Citadel in Seattle, at Idaho State and North Carolina A&T. So, once again, the Cougs will be tested by the Zags and if they lose, a full judgment on this team won't be known until the beginning of the Pac-10 schedule, which starts with three straight road games at Washington, at USC and at UCLA.

Final Nuggets
Credit Tom Izzo for taking Michigan State on the road to a Missouri Valley Conference team. The Spartans beat Bradley 66-61. Now the difference with Michigan State playing this road game and DePaul doing the same thing is when the game was played. MSU waited until early December while DePaul opened the season at a Valley (loss to Creighton this year, lost at Bradley to open the season last year).

• I saw Holy Cross beat Ohio. I still couldn't envision the Crusaders handling Saint Joe's on the road, but they did. The win over the Hawks on Tuesday night by five was significant for the Crusaders, who likely wouldn't get an at-large berth but sets them up nicely to be the class of the Patriot League.

• Rhode Island coach Jim Baron desperately needed to beat Providence after letting a road win over Boston College slip away. Now the Rams have to continue to make that game matter by keeping their fans interested throughout the A-10. This is a team that could challenge Xavier for the title. The Friars get little time to breath playing South Carolina in Philadelphia Thursday in the SEC/Big East Invitational.

• Like Izzo, Bruce Pearl isn't afraid of going on the road and playing at Chattanooga could have been a dangerous loss. Still, I give him credit for trying to toughen up his squad. The Vols gutted out a six-point win. This team needed to persevere in a game like that after falling flat in New Jersey against Texas.

• Kansas State is running out of chances to be an at-large team without being a top-four team in the Big 12. Kansas State has already lost to George Mason in Orlando, Oregon at home, Notre Dame in New York. Beating Cal at home Sunday is a must win for the Wildcats. The last high-profile nonconference game is at Xavier Dec. 31. Beating the Musketeers at home would be an upset for the Wildcats.

Anyone else not surprised to see the Cuse losing at the half on the road? Dude's don't even know what OOC road games are up in new york... sup petey.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Pitt????

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah... you don't wanna be there they huff G
laugh.gif

Pitt holds the record for most consecutive appearances in the Big East Championship Game having earned a trip to it in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, and 2007
NCAA tournament appearances (19)
1941, 1957, 1958, 1963, 1974, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
In addition, Pitt has never missed making the Big East Tournament. In the last seven seasons it has missed the Big East Championship Game only once.

laugh.gif
, give it up Cam

and Cake, he goes to Cuse, I can't help it

first Ewing goes down hard and the bama player and referee are standing over him trying to help him up, and he turns the other way and doesn't take their help...
pimp.gif

He was around Gtown basketball when we had the tough image, I'm glad he's on the team...he brings that

He was around Gtown basketball when we had the tough image, I'm glad he's on the team...he brings that
Fam, what he did doesn't exude a "tough image". What he did was foul and very {} like. That's a B move right there.

Back
Top Bottom