The College Basketball Post

When UC fired Huggins the team has yet to recover. Say what you want about Huggins but that guy could recruit.

guess i didn't miss much lately

The Mike Cook loss IS huge

L'Ville is very dissapointing

Memphis continues to win

Even though they beat L'ville Cincy looks stupid for letting Andy Kennedy walk (after he even did a nice job there as the interm)

Damnnnn who saw the end of that IU-Iowa game?

The game was practically over and Justin Johnson from Iowa just starts launching 35 footers like they were layups. If they had more time on the clock whenStemler missed that free throw I would have bet money on him knocking down another one. Its crazy because when Stemler missed....Johnson was at HALF COURT andabout 3 Hoosiers just SWARMED him. How on earth can you be a threat from half court?....Wow

Xavier beating UVA 55-23
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Xavier beating UVA 55-23
Why is that surprising. Xavier got a squad and UVA? They got Singletary and a bunch of scrubs.

Yea it is not good for Syracuse. I was hoping that the UVA on the road would mean something but now
eyes.gif

I like college ball.
especially went theres nothing else on late at night.
I love a good upset too!

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

smh.gif
@ my SC Trojans jacking up all those missed 3's and losing to Cal by 10.

Mayo with 34 pts
pimp.gif
Glad your boy got 34 in a loss. SC and Oregon are trash
sick.gif
UCLA Wazzu Arizona will be top 3 in Pac 10.

Saturday-
Kansas @ BC 12pm ESPN
UMich @ Purdue 2pm ESPN
Oregon @ AZ 2pm FSN
UCLA @ Cal 6pm FSN
UConn @ ND 9pm ESPN

Sunday-
Cornell @ Duke 5:30 FSN
UNC @ Clemson 7:30 FSN

A lot of other games on ESPNU, FullCourt and Classic..

Originally Posted by dfresh244

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

smh.gif
@ my SC Trojans jacking up all those missed 3's and losing to Cal by 10.

Mayo with 34 pts
pimp.gif
Glad your boy got 34 in a loss. SC and Oregon are trash
sick.gif
UCLA Wazzu Arizona will be top 3 in Pac 10.
OK my team is trash but we ranked #22
grin.gif

Alex Stepheson could be leaving UNC. any more news on that UNC FANS??

UNC did sign a bunch of PF this week also

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Alex Stepheson could be leaving UNC. any more news on that UNC FANS??

UNC did sign a bunch of PF this week also

Alex did leave the team and missed the Kent St. game to go back home because his dad is very sick. But according to my sources, Alex is on his way back toChapel Hill tonight and will practice saturday. Hopefully he can contribute on Sunday, we will definitely need him. That's all I know. If he wastransferring he wouldn't come back, like Jamal Boykin at Duke.

We did get commitments from 3 five star forwards in the 09 class, John Henson and the Wear twins out in Cali. The fact that they all were UCLA targetsprobably had something to do with the whole Stepheson rumor (Tracy Pierson from UCLA's scout site needs to be fired)
laugh.gif
But I'm telling you, this 09 class that Roy is putting together will besomething serious. It's looking like Dexter Strickland will be pulling the trigger for us soon as well.
Edit: My info was incorrect. Stepheson is not back yet and isn't gonna play tomorrow.
frown.gif
I'm still confident he'll be back in Chapel Hill tho.

Gary Johnson Arrives

The debut of Texas freshman forward Gary Johnson was nothing to get excited about, at least in terms of the box score. He had just five points and fiverebounds in 21 minutes of a 67-59 win over Texas Christian on Wednesday night.

However, it was an emotional time for Johnson after he was forced to sit out the first 13 games because of a heart problem that neither he nor the school willdiscuss in detail.

"I feel like it's a gift just to be able to play again," Johnson told the Austin American-Statesman. "I was told once that there was apossibility that I probably would never be able to play again. It was kind of hard to take. I cried."

Johnson wore a heart monitor during the game, something he has also done during practice. He will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. He is the underthe care of Dr. James Willerson, president-elect of the Texas Heart Institute in Houston.

"We know he had the best medical care in the world," Longhorns coach Rick Barnes said. "He wouldn't have been allowed to do this if theydidn't think he was OK."

Team to Watch

This Week's Team to Watch is Oklahoma, which has won three in a row to raise its record to 10-3 since a 66-62 home loss to Stephen F. Austin on Dec. 8. TheSooners have beaten Arkansas, Gonzaga and West Virginia to move up to No. 17 in the Pomeroy Ratings, though they are unranked in The Associated Press poll.

Oklahoma has relied on its inside duo of 6'10" freshman forward Blake Griffin and 6'11" senior center Longar Longar. Griffin is averaging13.8 points and 8.9 rebounds a game while Longar's averages are 13.4 and 6.3.

The Sooners are 21st in the nation in adjusted offensive efficiency at 116.4. They are also 20th in three-point field goal percentage allowed at a paltry 29.6.

Oklahoma hosts Rice on Saturday and Mount St. Mary's on Monday before opening Big 12 play Jan. 12 with a home game against dangerous Kansas State.

Games of the Week

The top five games of the week from Jan. 4-10 according to the Pomeroy Ratings (through Wednesday; all times Eastern):

No. 3 Marquette at No. 4 West Virginia, Sunday, Jan. 6, 2 p.m., Mid-Atlantic Sports Network
No. 6 North Carolina at No. 15 Clemson, Sunday, Jan. 6, 7:30 p.m., Fox Sports Net
No. 4 West Virginia at No. 29 Louisville, Thursday, Jan. 10, 7 p.m., ESPN
No. 34 Illinois at No. 5 Wisconsin, Thursday, Jan. 10, 9 p.m., ESPN
No. 30 Minnesota at No. 13 Michigan State, Saturday, Jan. 5, 8 p.m., Big Ten Network

John Perrotto is an author of Basketball Prospectus. You can contact John by clicking here or click here to see John's other articles.

I can't believe I've neglected this thread up until now. What can I say, threads w/ 10's and 20's of pages intimidate me
laugh.gif

Anyway, hoping Texas can pull out a solid win today, because their last two games have been disappointing to say the least.

If Kansas and Self are ever gona break through and win it...they better this year

That's a complete team, they play D and got guys who can score.

BC....what a joke as far as talent goes. They have NONE. Al Skinner can coach but man, he can't recruit.

I know New England doesn't have great or even good talent, but that team is really lacking any talent at all

Rice is good (selfish though) and Sanders will be a player, after that...

laugh.gif
jayhawks just showed BC what their next gear looks like... BC was right there with them for the first 10 minutes and then boom, kansas is gone
laugh.gif
BCprobably doesn't know what just hit them.

Back
Top Bottom