The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by allen3xis

If they won today, they were in...

Now, I think they'd have to make the final of the SEC Tourn. to get a shot...

the early season losses are too much.

Jasper, Bradley and Stevenson played their #$%*@ off today tho.

Pearl better enjoy being SEC king now, beacuse BG is takin that title soon
got damn! i'm glad you ain't on the committee. if we gotta go that far, might as well just win it and leave no doubts.
glasses.gif

i say go 1-1 next two games and 1-1 in the tourney and we'll be ok. win the next two and first game in the tourney, lock it up. we're still incontention for the SEC regular season title with some help.

Here's what I was thinking before the University of Kentucky played No. 1-ranked Tennessee yesterday at Thompson-Boling Arena:

It had to be a good day to be Chris Lofton.

Tennessee stuck it to UK in a pregame ceremony honoring Lofton, a star senior from Maysville, Ky. What? Isn't Senior Day next Saturday? Didn't matter. The school ran a long highlight video from Lofton's career. And get this -- every highlight was against UK.

Lofton appeared on the end of the video, saying to fans, "Thank you, Tennessee, for believing in me."

eyes.gif

Oops...I always forget about them now
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

He certainly has that title...

I won't get into my opinion of Donovan getting lucky with that class and he'll never win a title again....probably not a popular opinion
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Let's get into it
laugh.gif

3 SEC Regular season Championships, 3 SEC Tournament Championships, 9 straight Tournament appearances, 3 Final Fours, 2 National Titles... And you can betFlorida will be back in no time.

His resume is as good as damn near anyone's in the country. It speaks for itself.

Well it's unfortunate that the Cuse lost but Boheim let the air out of the ball with 4 to go and then got that T being out of the box and almost at HalfCourt like an Idiot.......

I was there for the Final 4 in New Orleans and all I can say is if you coach that long you will get lucky, but the game has passed him by. Being at the CarrierDome last year watching the little brother take them out with Wichita will always be one of those moments.

They almost came back because Wichita took the air out of the ball and the Cuse came one missed layup from coming back from 20 down.
The 2-3 zone just kills me with the athletes he has.

If they make it to the title game maybe depending on any massive upsets in the other tourneys.....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Oops...I always forget about them now
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

He certainly has that title...

I won't get into my opinion of Donovan getting lucky with that class and he'll never win a title again....probably not a popular opinion
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
Let's get into it
laugh.gif

3 SEC Regular season Championships, 3 SEC Tournament Championships, 9 straight Tournament appearances, 3 Final Fours, 2 National Titles... And you can bet Florida will be back in no time.

His resume is as good as damn near anyone's in the country. It speaks for itself.

Word - i'm surprised to hear you say something like that allen. I'm not gonna try to convince you though, I have my own people I feel that wayabout ---- cue the Roy Williams theme music.

Its well know that Allen is a hater.....

tongue.gif

I have my own people I feel that way about ---- cue the Roy Williams theme music.
Yep....Matt Doherty...

But...Thats not a very popular opinion....

Aalmost got into a fight at the Barbershop two weeks ago when I said that....
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Off The Meter

Well it's unfortunate that the Cuse lost but Boheim let the air out of the ball with 4 to go and then got that T being out of the box and almost at Half Court like an Idiot.......

I was there for the Final 4 in New Orleans and all I can say is if you coach that long you will get lucky, but the game has passed him by. Being at the Carrier Dome last year watching the little brother take them out with Wichita will always be one of those moments.

They almost came back because Wichita took the air out of the ball and the Cuse came one missed layup from coming back from 20 down.
The 2-3 zone just kills me with the athletes he has.

If they make it to the title game maybe depending on any massive upsets in the other tourneys.....

Good to see that in addition to Petey, SCuse and I, someone else thinks Boeheim isn't fit for the game anymore.

I can't tell if you're being in sarcastic Cam, but yall play @ West Virginia tonight on ESPN, lol.

With Donovan...

It's weird to me, he took the Haslem, Miller, Brent Wright team to the final 4...real good job...

but then...he gets Roberson, Walsh, Lee, White, Drejer.....and under achieves for a few years...

Then...Noah hits a growth sprut, is a late bloomer, he snatches him up....Horford and Brewer were top recruits at their positions...but I don't thinkanyone thought they'd turn out to be lottery picks....I have to give him credit for development, but something just makes me feel that it was a specialgroup.

It's not comparable to Felton, May, McCants....because they were Donovan guys....but it's similar to me because they have that "it" factor.

I'd put in like this..

Is he a very, very good coah...no question.

But, when dealing with coaches who have more than 1 title...he just doesn't seem to fit in.

He wins another, or makes a few more final 4's....he hits that great or elite level.

If he can get kids that fit in a team like those 3...and doesn't get the James White and Drejer kids with sights set on the NBA..he can do it again.
For that stretch of underachieving years, I'd always peg them for an upset (Manhattan)..just because he didn't coach them up to their ability,imo...but then he overachieves with less talented groups...it's tough for me to figure

/\ Al Horford was not a top recruit at his position. He was a 4 star prospect. Corey Brewer was the only big time prospect out of that group

Yep....Matt Doherty...
%$!% that dude. If he wasn't an $%#!%@! he might have had a longer tenure here.

I give him absolutely no credit for anything after 2003.

With the recruits Donovan is bringing in, we'll see what he's made of pretty quickly... Between Calathes, Chandler Parsons, Alex Tyus, Jai Lucas, AdamAllen last year, Kenny Kadji and Eloy Vargas next year, he's got one hell of a core to build upon.

It's not comparable to Felton, May, McCants....because they were Donovan guys....but it's similar to me because they have that "it" factor.

I would put a couple more guys in the category you're speaking of... I'd go Jim Boeheim, because Carmello showing up and Kansas taking a dump is theonly reason he got that title, he's been completely insignificant as a coach the last 15 years besides that one year. And switching gears a bit,you've gotta throw Mack Brown in the mix, too... Talk about underachieving teams.. if not for VY and that season, he'd never have gotten one.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I would put a couple more guys in the category you're speaking of... I'd go Jim Boeheim, because Carmello showing up and Kansas taking a dump is the only reason he got that title, he's been completely insignificant as a coach the last 15 years besides that one year. And switching gears a bit, you've gotta throw Mack Brown in the mix, too... Talk about underachieving teams.. if not for VY and that season, he'd never have gotten one.

Truth.

Is it possible that the ACC only gets 3 teams in the tourney this year? So far Duke, UNC & Clemson are the only locks. VT, Md & Miami all have a shot,and I think all have high RPIs & SOS, but they've still got work to do. Looks like some of it'll come down to the ACC tourney.

Md really hurt themselves with the loss last night & only have 1 game left @ UVa. Miami has BC at home and FSU in Tally. VT has Wake at home and then goesto Clemson, which will be a big game.

My guess is 5 teams in, which is still kinda low for the ACC.

Wow...props to Mike Davis for landing a top 5 recruit (Demarcus Cousins - Class of 2009) to UAB. That's major.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Is it possible that the ACC only gets 3 teams in the tourney this year? So far Duke, UNC & Clemson are the only locks. VT, Md & Miami all have a shot, and I think all have high RPIs & SOS, but they've still got work to do. Looks like some of it'll come down to the ACC tourney.

Miami is the next team in after Clemson. They are in much better shape than VT and MD.

laugh.gif
Memphis getting jumped in both polls.

WOW. what the !$+# happened to MD last night??? i went to bed early as hell and they were up 20 with like 11 minutes to go. i even went around telling everyonethey won today and i just now found out that they lost
smh.gif

they absolutely do not deserve to go to the tourney now. it's ridiculous how they do this !*@+ EVERY year. unreal...

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

ANY GOOD GAMES ON TONIGHT?

KU vs. TTech tonight. I think we should be able to handle them. We present some matchup problems for them, but they are a different team under PatKnight.

It's getting beyond insane how weak the bubble is. Lunardi still has UMD IN, FLorida IN, Cuse only remains the 2nd team OUT
laugh.gif
. This has gotta be the easiest year ever to make the tourney.

Yea allen the game of the week G'Town Vs UL

This is going to be a good game I would say that ya'll are going to win becasue the game is at G'Town but we are playing so good I'm going to saythat we will win it will be a good game.

Does anybody know how much tickets will be for the BET?

Updated: March 3, 2008
EAST (Charlotte)
Raleigh
(1) North Carolina (27-2)
(16) Play-in Game

(
glasses.gif
SOUTH ALABAMA (23-5)
(9) Baylor (19-
glasses.gif

Washington D.C.
(5) Michigan St (23-6)
(12) VCU (23-6)

(4) Connecticut (23-6)
(13) CORNELL (19-5) / Ivy

Anaheim
(6) GONZAGA (23-6)
(11) UAB (21-
glasses.gif

(3) Stanford (24-4)
(14) CS NORTHRIDGE (18-
glasses.gif
/ Big West

Washington D.C.
(7) Mississippi St (20-
glasses.gif

(10) West Virginia (19-9)

(2) XAVIER (25-4)
(15) UMBC (20-
glasses.gif
/ Amer East

WEST (Phoenix)
Anaheim
(1) UCLA (25-3)
(16) LAMAR (14-9) / Southland

(
glasses.gif
Saint Mary's (23-5)
(9) Miami-FL (19-
glasses.gif

Denver
(5) DRAKE (23-4)
(12) Florida (21-
glasses.gif

(4) PURDUE (23-6)
(13) ORAL ROBERTS (20-
glasses.gif
/ Summit

Tampa
(6) Clemson (20-7)
(11) KENT ST (23-6)

(3) Georgetown (24-4)
(14) SIENA (19-10) / MAAC

Omaha
(7) BYU (23-6)
(10) Arizona St (18-10)

(2) Kansas (25-3)
(15) PORTLAND ST (18-9) / Big Sky

MIDWEST (Detroit)
Birmingham
(1) TENNESSEE (25-3)
(16) BELMONT (21-
glasses.gif
/ Atl Sun

(
glasses.gif
Kansas St (17-10)
(9) Arizona (16-12)

Denver
(5) Marquette (20-7)
(12) Virginia Tech (17-11)

(4) Indiana (24-5)
(13) New Mexico (22-7)

Birmingham
(6) BUTLER (27-3)
(11) Arkansas (19-9)

(3) LOUISVILLE (24-6)
(14) ROBERT MORRIS (25-6) / Northeast

Raleigh
(7) Southern California (18-10)
(10) Texas A&M (20-
glasses.gif

(2) DUKE (25-3)
(15) AMERICAN (18-11) / Patriot

SOUTH (Houston)
Little Rock
(1) MEMPHIS (28-1)
(16) MORGAN ST (18-9) / MEAC

(
glasses.gif
UNLV (21-6)
(9) Oklahoma (19-10)

Tampa
(5) Vanderbilt (24-5)
(12) Maryland (18-12)

(4) Notre Dame (22-6)
(13) Massachusetts (19-9)

Omaha
(6) Washington St (22-7)
(11) Illinois St (21-
glasses.gif

(3) Wisconsin (24-4)
(14) BOISE ST (21-7) / WAC

Little Rock
(7) Pittsburgh (20-
glasses.gif

(10) DAVIDSON (22-6)

(2) TEXAS (23-5)
(15) AUSTIN PEAY (21-10) / OVC

Just for fun, with this bracket my Final Four would be:

Uconn
UCLA
Tenn
Texas

I actually would only have Ucla as one of my top 4 teams...but that's what's great...all about matchups

Back
Top Bottom