The Combat Jack Show Thread

Yo what happened to Rory’s album. I feel like it was supposed to come out like 2 years ago at this point.
Covid messed it up, the whole plan was to drop the album and have a festival featuring the artists on the album.

The festival was going to be the money maker, not the album.

Of course Parks would have Lord Finesse DJ and Preme host at his wedding

Didn't listen to the Mickey Facts one, but shocked at this

EFN says one or two stupid things each interview. I scratch my head wondering he's been a DJ in the culture?

and that La The Darkman Heist Of The Century is better than a lot of those Wu solo joints.

Figured he’d catch heat eventually for calling them cats flunkies. NORE be taking unnecessary shots at cats sometimes.

He was clowning Joe for getting smacked, joking about him having to apologize to the whole Wu, even the affiliates lol.

Edit funny timing, another cat he’s playfully taken shots at lol

Guests be so annoyed when EFN stops to ask something stupid and random, son is a dunce. A guest will say something like "Well back in 98..." and he'll cut them off "What do you mean like in the back of a 98 lexus?" and they go "what? No the year 1998, let me finish"

He must've really been the plug for them to keep him around.

NORE keeps going against the podcast mission statement. He says it’s about legends but he has Yung Berg, Asher Roth and Mickey Factz on there. He says he believes in giving legends their flowers while they’re still alive but then he ****s on Wu affiliates. Not to mention, two Wu affiliates were recently murdered. For him to say something like that is extra disrespectful. Wu affiliates were legit. Capone-N-Noreaga had a ton of flunkies that never dropped any classic albums or good albums. Just trash rappers they picked up outside of the local City Wok in Lefrak and QB.

NORE keeps going against the podcast mission statement. He says it’s about legends but he has Yung Berg, Asher Roth and Mickey Factz on there. He says he believes in giving legends their flowers while they’re still alive but then he ****s on Wu affiliates. Not to mention, two Wu affiliates were recently murdered. For him to say something like that is extra disrespectful. Wu affiliates were legit. Capone-N-Noreaga had a ton of flunkies that never dropped any classic albums or good albums. Just trash rappers they picked up outside of the local City Wok in Lefrak and QB.
You tryna say Asher Roth not a legend? Bruh gave us the class “I love college” !!

ppl were really tryna push that "white rapper takeover" narrative :rofl: Dope song though.

His other works are cool too.

Math's podcast really do be having some dope guest & good convo, Not a lot of super famous cats but it's always some interesting takes

Lowkey the best pod in this “lane” since Joe Budden fell off…

But his **** kinda different because they almost exclusively only talk about rap/culture related ****.

EFN means well but he’s goofy and usually adds nothing.
Though I will say in the Dame Grease interview he was going to share a Dr Dre production secret and NORE was like “no we’ll come back to that” and EFN remembered and made sure they got to it.

Both of them could be a lot better :lol:

Bro NORE be fast forwarding for no reason. **** be the worst when the guest finna get into some good **** and here this ***** come “I hate to bounce around” :lol: bro relax and let them talk

Hate when interviewers do that

You tryna say Asher Roth not a legend? Bruh gave us the class “I love college” !!

I went to a free concert in 2012. For whatever reason, they made Asher the headlining act even though artists like Roc Marciano and Prodigy performed. Right before Asher performed, myself and half the crowd left. I will not subject myself to his music, not even for free. Even if people like his music, he’s just not a legend. Neither is Mickey and definitely not Yung Berg. Berg is a legend for getting his chain snatched the most but not for music.

I think the main thing is that Nore isn't that bright, so he used the first word that popped in his head, not realizing that it's offensive.

Nore was also on then, so he might not realize the impact or popularity of a Sunz Of Man, Killah Priest, Shyhiem, Killarmy. So you're grouping dudes who had careers with those who never took off.

I think it's a respect factor, not even on some legend ****, but as fellow artist. You saw that with Scarface and the respect not only others had for him, but him towards Ice T, Cube, Kane and Chuck D. He has respect for the culture. Not everyone has to sell a million records or be on a major.

To diss Shyheim and Wu affiliates in front of Mickey Facts and Asher Roth?

It's like calling Noyd a weed carrier.

Yeah you can't label working artists like that just because they weren't as big. Got curious and saw Noyd's album sold 30,000 copies though, oof.

Fam can say he had a record in a versus though

The truth of the matter is Nore more times than not (unless they land a big name) just wants to have somebody around so he can have a reason to get drunk.

Meh Nore is just a hood ***** & still hasn't mastered the "industry" talk. If dudes were on the block talking about WU there a good chance someone would have referred to those WU affiliates exactly like that :lol:

I see the **** happen to the Diplomats all the time, i get why the actual artist would be offended. But i 100% see why he said it as well, could he have worded it better sure. But its Nore

Back
Top Bottom