The Combat Jack Show Thread

I WANT A DISCLAIMER ANY TIME DRAKE IS MENTIONED ON JOE'S PODCAST!

Joe briefly mentions that Drake did an entire double album full of Kanye disses, Claims Drake line on Trippie's record wasn't a diss & leads right into Ice saying that Ye is begging for Drake's attention :lol:.

Like in what world can you diss someone for years, respond & somehow it's a one sided thing. I have not seen Propaganda like this outside of Lebron :lol:.

Joe briefly mentions that Drake did an entire double album full of Kanye disses, Claims Drake line on Trippie's record wasn't a diss & leads right into Ice saying that Ye is begging for Drake's attention :lol:.

Like in what world can you diss someone for years, respond & somehow it's a one sided thing. I have not seen Propaganda like this outside of Lebron :lol:.

i need a disclaimer any time you mention Kanye

Just joking …. Kind of 😂😂😂😂

Dope podcast today. Parks wedding sounded fire .

joe narration of the Ye/Drake/ Kendrick stuff was entertaining as hell lol

I'd like to hear Lord Finesse's DJ set

Coming out to Moment of Truth's instrumental is dope

I used to think that was one issue that Rory had. As his relationship seemed to dissolve behind the scenes, Parks would talk about his fiancee and upcoming wedding. Rors would be silent and I think because Joe was self deprecating and joke about his failed relationships he would say stuff about Rory and he probably held it in instead of telling him to chill. I think some of that was I don't know what's going on in your life.

You can make like Drake was some innocent victim with Meek, not with Kanye.

How much more clear can they make it? Savon even time stamped it for you :lol:.

542E5994-6D10-4D69-A691-731674156B46.jpeg

The Drake slurping wasn't as bad as usual for me. They talked about it for less than an hour :lol:

You can make like Drake was some innocent victim with Meek, not with Kanye.

Even outside of the Kanye issue the way that they speak on dude is insane. they really be talking about son like he's a real life thanos :lol: . He beat Meek has consistently ducked Kendrick, got embarrased by Pusha but they are talking like he's suge knight in the 90's.

Even if they're just talking about Sales/Attention why does everyone Act like More Life didn't get tucked away by DAMN??

More life released 3/18/17, Damn dropped 4/17/17

Damn outsold More Life on first Day Sales & Overall sales, Easily got more praise for being the better album, Higher selling Singles, Kendrick was headlining the NBA playoffs, All of the major Award shows & festivals.

yet they constantly say this dude is on a tier by himself it's puzzling but it's not because it's there M.O

Even outside of the Kanye issue the way that they speak on dude is insane. they really be talking about son like he's a real life thanos :lol: . He beat Meek has consistently ducked Kendrick, got embarrased by Pusha but they are talking like he's suge knight in the 90's.

Even if they're just talking about Sales/Attention why does everyone Act like More Life didn't get tucked away by DAMN??

More life released 3/18/17, Damn dropped 4/17/17

Damn outsold More Life on first Day Sales & Overall sales, Easily got more praise for being the better album, Higher selling Singles, Kendrick was headlining the NBA playoffs, All of the major Award shows & festivals.

yet they constantly say this dude is on a tier by himself it's puzzling but it's not because it's there M.O

More Life didn’t have a proper rollout like Damn. Better comparison would be to Views, which did a million (sales + streaming) first week.

More Life didn’t have a proper rollout like Damn. Better comparison would be to Views, which did a million (sales + streaming) first week.

This is another BS marketing ploy by OVO, this isn't an album it's a mixtape, this isn't a album it's a playlist, this isn't an album it's a demo tape :lol: . Whatever they gotta throw in front of it to downplay another album full of mid.

Dude toured the world a few months prior, coming off a joint album with Future who was arguably the hottest artist in the game. he promoted and teased the album for months prior, Had Heavy features from Quavo, Travis Scott, Future, Thug, 2Chainz, Kanye, Skepta, Sampha, He had the OVO x Apple Radio deal, & he had three singles prior to the project coming out.

Not to mention he is Drake which means he has ALL the backing of the label, radio, streaming & hiphop media........ in what world is that not a proper rollout :lol::lol:.

Kendrick literally goes months w/o being seen between albums, Didn't make any mention of the album until the heart pt 4 in March of 2017 & Humble literally dropped two weeks before the album. The only advantage he had during his rollout was BETTER MUSIC & ARTISTIC DIRECTION

This is another BS marketing ploy by OVO, this isn't an album it's a mixtape, this isn't a album it's a playlist, this isn't an album it's a demo tape :lol: . Whatever they gotta throw in front of it to downplay another album full of mid.

Dude toured the world a few months prior, coming off a joint album with Future who was arguably the hottest artist in the game. he promoted and teased the album for months prior, Had Heavy features from Quavo, Travis Scott, Future, Thug, 2Chainz, Kanye, Skepta, Sampha, He had the OVO x Apple Radio deal, & he had three singles prior to the project coming out.

Not to mention he is Drake which means he has ALL the backing of the label, radio, streaming & hiphop media........ in what world is that not a proper rollout :lol::lol:.

Kendrick literally goes months w/o being seen between albums, Didn't make any mention of the album until the heart pt 4 in March of 2017 & Humble literally dropped two weeks before the album. The only advantage he had during his rollout was BETTER MUSIC & ARTISTIC DIRECTION

I guess Views had “better music and artistic direction” since it blew Damn out of the water in sales then :lol:.

Song streams being counted as album sales is a load of bullcrap. I remember when Desiigner only performed Panda b/c know one knew his other ****. That streaming **** as is isn't organic or sustainable. People getting 10's of millions of "album" streams, but can't sellout a 1k person venue. It doesn't add up.

I guess Views had “better music and artistic direction” since it blew Damn out of the water in sales then :lol:.

Views was also an album full of mid that was deemed as underwhelming by even his own fanbase, & it still isn't a better Album then DAMN.

But again, the two dropped music in the same month & Kendricks project was received better in all facets, it is what it is :lol:

Drake is one of the biggest stars in music history, he doesn't need the excuses & trickery but yet the media & fans still do it. Just like Dark Lane Demo tapes was a mixtape/throwaway project despite all the "leaks" coming directly from OVO & strategically a month or two leading to the album.

Carti, Thug, Future, Chris Brown features, Several videos shot, A single & video accompanied by a Tik Tok campaign.... but somehow he tricked the world into saying these were just spare tracks :lol:.

At some point the BS gotta stop.

Song streams being counted as album sales is a load of bullcrap. I remember when Desiigner only performed Panda b/c know one knew his other ****. That streaming **** as is isn't organic or sustainable. People getting 10's of millions of "album" streams, but can't sellout a 1k person venue. It doesn't add up.

That's why none of these streaming records & #1 entries etc etc **** means nothing to me at this point. I was watching Summerjam & they had A-Boogie up there, they said dude has had 38 Gold or Multi platinum singles thus far :lol:

I **** with A boogie & he is indeed a pretty big artist in rap, but that is a resume you would have had to be a LEGEND to build up before, he did that in 5 years :lol: all this **** is inflated.

Views was also an album full of mid that was deemed as underwhelming by even his own fanbase, & it still isn't a better Album then DAMN.

But again, the two dropped music in the same month & Kendricks project was received better in all facets, it is what it is :lol:

Drake is one of the biggest stars in music history, he doesn't need the excuses & trickery but yet the media & fans still do it. Just like Dark Lane Demo tapes was a mixtape/throwaway project despite all the "leaks" coming directly from OVO & strategically a month or two leading to the album.

Carti, Thug, Future, Chris Brown features, Several videos shot, A single & video accompanied by a Tik Tok campaign.... but somehow he tricked the world into saying these were just spare tracks :lol:.

At some point the BS gotta stop.

Just admit you don’t like Drake :lol:.

Just admit you don’t like Drake :lol:.

Because i'm calling out the propoganda that his fans & media throw out there?? I like some of Drake's music i just think he's extremely overated & gets tossed in convos he doesn't belong in.

What i don't like is blatant lies & people twisting things around & creating new rules for him :lol: . Any time somebody doesn't call him the greatest artist living or think he's just okay it's deemed as hate.

Funny Joe & dem had that convo this week, Candyman back outside :lol: & i honestly don't know if that was a shot at Ye or Drake

Because i'm calling out the propoganda that his fans & media throw out there?? I like some of Drake's music i just think he's extremely overated & gets tossed in convos he doesn't belong in.

What i don't like is blatant lies & people twisting things around & creating new rules for him :lol: . Any time somebody doesn't call him the greatest artist living or think he's just okay it's deemed as hate.

Reminds me of a kid from Akron, playing professional basketball in Los Angeles.

You talking about Kanye Stan's?

Back
Top Bottom