The Combat Jack Show Thread

I never really ****ed with Family Matters like that. It's like I grew out of it and Urkel and the show being revolved around him stopped being funny. So when people say it's a top black comedy, I can't really see it. I can't watch that show now. I can watch Cosby Show, Different World, Martin, Fresh Prince, Jeffersons, Sanford & Son.

It doesn't surprise me it had no black writers. You could have replaced the cast with white people and it would have been the same. I don't ever remember it dealing with race.

The show was supposed to be in Chicago? I always find it weird how these shows are in cities, but never actually represent the actual cities.

Norm Lear has some of my favorite shows of all time.

People like the nostalgia of it. And it was family friendly, in that TGI Fridays lineup. All the Black families really just gathered to watch that together. Parents/kids/extended etc. At least that’s what me and mine did then. Wasn’t to many options on tv. And not too much representation in that lane then. But yeah, you could tell the writing didn’t have black input.

Dying at “oh vey” :lol:

I've heard Meek mention my sisters looking for you :lol:

Meek is corny, but Ak is definitely trying to stay in her good graces and has gotten paid with artist promotion, with the y'all deserve it and turning it around on Meek.

He exposed himself at the end with the I believe you two talked and settled things, and you're clout chasing. Who is that coming from? Karen of course. Besides Karen putting that out for you, what is there to settle and talk about if she hasn't been doing anything?

Ak is nasty and just as bad as the artist he say got a big head. Dudes will give him donations and he'll brag about how much he owns. I don't get that at all. Dudes trick for other dudes? You can tell he never was really outside, because he still doesn't see the impending result of when you mess with peoples professions and the wolves they have around them.

This is why I said "fans" shouldn't be taking sides. One none of us even knows the real story. Two, if they start talking or being cool, how are you going to react? Be like the Nas and Jay Stans who still carry on a beef they squashed 15 years ago.

The Rory **** was more money based and pride.

The Mal **** was more personal and that's the way both reacted. The **** he said to Mal there's no coming back from that. Joe embarrassed him in front of the world.

Would be interesting if Rory and Joe became really cool again while Mal still has some issues considering how loyal Mal was to Rory.

Tired of the NY bias

Y’all already have the 50 Cent / TI convo? I’m just listening to Saturday’s pod

Might be the minority but I don’t think 50 wins that’s. Lot of his music has aged terribly

also tired of the puff slurping. Why does he get to play every song by every artist on bad boy? That’s not what a producer verzuz is .

Tired of the NY bias

Might be the minority but I don’t think 50 wins that’s. Lot of his music has aged terribly
Curtis wouldn't win but the way he brushed T.I off and how he reacted stuck on that for a week says A LOT!

also tired of the puff slurping. Why does he get to play every song by every artist on bad boy? That’s not what a producer verzuz is .
Cuz his hands was in everything that he would play.

That's another thing too, any verzuz Puff is involved in isn't just a producer verzuz. He does more than that.

That's why JD really isn't a good matchup to face dude. Puff playing his whole label's catalog then Mary.

What AK say that was wrong tho? Sounds like he got a peek behind the curtain, and is calling it what it is. Karen is a Finesser & Fixer with connections. Meek/Nicki have done some f’d up **** behind the scenes, that Karen covered up. And Joyner got finessed. All that is true.

I listened to the longer version. He was talking about the payola and money laundering and how giving $60K to someone like Karen is a flat out bad investment. And it was, for Joyner/his investors. I think he said Skyzoo, and somebody else?

Ak is a clown. Nothing he said didn’t sound untrue or crazy tho. Idk why this turns into him “defending” Karen. That’s not what it was.

We still talking "NY bias" when the south has been "running the game" longer than 2/3 of my life? :lol:

During that time people have dissed everything from dance/snap music to mumble rap.

It's ingrained and will never go away it's just not overt as it was before. A lot of the time it's not even a conscious thing.

Last edited:

Norman Lear stole good times... I always wonder why the heck he produced so many black shows.

Every black family has that weird/urkel type family member or friend. The show was funny IMO. Especially nowadays, plenty black urkels out here. Urkel paved the way for these Drake type dudes

Last edited:
During that time people have dissed everything from dance/snap music to mumble rap.

It's ingrained and will never go away it's just not overt as it was before. A lot of the time it's not even a conscious thing.

Very, very true. It’s an uncomfortable convo in here tho :lol:. And not to mention most of the media, up until like 2 years ago have/had strong NYC biases or were set up there. It is what it is.

We still talking "NY bias" when the south has been "running the game" longer than 2/3 of my life? :lol:
**** makes no sense.

Like if this was 06 I could understand us not willingly admit to that but its been 20 years and we all acknowledge the south has had the game on lock. They still acting like its not enough. Chip on their shoulder too big.

B33FCF48-64C0-4BFE-BA41-95E4EB696F18.gif

Tired of the NY bias

How does one person saying something become New York bias.

50 dismissed TI so it's New York bias :lol:

Well Busta challenged TI, and TI declined, so what is that? I'll wait for an answer...

How does that equate to bias though?

It's seems like the insecurities are so deep that everything has to be defended.

At the end of the day trash is trash but it becomes a issue when someone from New York says it

For example I was on Da Baby and Meg The Stallion heavy before they popped.

They are both absolute buns now but if folks didn't know that they'd throw me in the "NY bias" box when I was bumping both they **** before most

It's lazy and tired

What AK say that was wrong tho? Sounds like he got a peek behind the curtain, and is calling it what it is. Karen is a Finesser & Fixer with connections. Meek/Nicki have done some f’d up **** behind the scenes, that Karen covered up. And Joyner got finessed. All that is true.

I listened to the longer version. He was talking about the payola and money laundering and how giving $60K to someone like Karen is a flat out bad investment. And it was, for Joyner/his investors. I think he said Skyzoo, and somebody else?

Ak is a clown. Nothing he said didn’t sound untrue or crazy tho. Idk why this turns into him “defending” Karen. That’s not what it was.

I think the issue is that Ak obviously has a relationship with Karen past or present. And I never believe the, everyone else is crooked and nasty besides me. I'm honest. I'm telling the truth.

Part of that **** obviously was planted to him by Karen.

And Karen might not have paid him directly and its also favor based.

Look at how he's covered people he does like. Dudes just as problematic as the artist.

If I go in the mall and eight times I buy something and two times I steal. What am I? She's just a fixer :lol:

Back
Top Bottom