The Combat Jack Show Thread

Adam be having some cool guests but him being the 40 year old coming up off of 16-18 year old SoundCloud rappers and him now riding off of LA gang bangin rap ****** is kinda nasty.

Listening to Joe's new pod & this dude Ice :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

***** said he didn't go to the store by himself until 14 :wow:, was picked up from HS everyday. He's the perfect example of the weirdo ****** who troll & champion all the ignorant things about hiphop

Son was a hermit until adulthood

On a serious note i see why Joe dismisses his opinion on a lot of ****, he's really unqualified to speak on a lot of **** in hiphop if you living like that.

Last edited:

***** said he didn't go to the store by himself until 14 :wow:, was picked up from HS everyday. He's the perfect example of the weirdo ****** who troll & champion all the ignorant things about hiphop

On a serious note i see why Joe dismisses his opinion on a lot of ****, he's really unqualified to speak on a lot of **** in hiphop if you living like that.

I understood what he was saying, and I hate how we think black people are only one way. Plus Ice has always been honest with who he is.

It was funny though. When he said he rode his bike to school in high school and wouldn't walk because it was over a mile. That takes like 20 minutes.

He was raised by an overprotective single mother though. So I understand, I see nothing wrong with his situation even if I can't relate. ****, it kept him out of jail and out of the cemetery. A lot of kids have too much freedom. I'd rather raise a nerd than some kid in a gang.

It explains the music he listens to and champions though. He represents a major demographic who gets off on the killing in music because it gives them a taste of outside, but then call them stupid when they live their raps.

I understood what he was saying, and I hate how we think black people are only one way. Plus Ice has always been honest with who he is.

It was funny though. When he said he rode his bike to school in high school and wouldn't walk because it was over a mile. That takes like 20 minutes.

He was raised by an overprotective single mother though. So I understand, I see nothing wrong with his situation even if I can't relate. ****, it kept him out of jail and out of the cemetery. A lot of kids have too much freedom. I'd rather raise a nerd than some kid in a gang.

It explains the music he listens to and champions though. He represents a major demographic who gets off on the killing in music because it gives them a taste of outside, but then call them stupid when they live their raps.

I don't think Joe's issue is that he was a good kid, but moreso that he lacks a lot of experience & knowledge in certain things & still thinks that his opinion on things is supposed to be weighed the same as those who have experienced more. There's some **** that you just have to feel/see in real life that just can't be taught online.

That's where the disconnect happens IMO, Ice & people like him tend to think that their opinion should be valued on subjects they don't really have much experience in.

Ice is just older Akademks, hence all the trolling & talking crazy online & disguising it as jokes. Ish summed it up perfectly when he said a lot of those types never had to deal with any consequences in real life.

I also hate that he tried to make it seem like it's either be outside & be a drug using gangbanger or be a hermit.

I would say i was a "good kid" I wasn't out here selling dope or gangbanging :lol: , but me & my friends were still active people on the block. Dude said he couldn't even go to the park on his block that's a big extreme.

you can be a participant of your hood w/o being a criminal, & that's what many of the sheltered kids who are adults fail to realize. Hence why online you'll always see sheltered women talking about they want a "hood *****" then go on to describe nothing but criminal **** :lol:

they have zero context to go off of so they are just as susceptible to stereotypes as others who didn't grow up in it.

I don't think Joe's issue is that he was a good kid, but moreso that he lacks a lot of experience & knowledge in certain things & still thinks that his opinion on things is supposed to be weighed the same as those who have experienced more. There's some **** that you just have to feel/see in real life that just can't be taught online.

That's where the disconnect happens IMO, Ice & people like him tend to think that their opinion should be valued on subjects they don't really have much experience in.

Ice is just older Akademks, hence all the trolling & talking crazy online & disguising it as jokes. Ish summed it up perfectly when he said a lot of those types never had to deal with any consequences in real life.

I also hate that he tried to make it seem like it's either be outside & be a drug using gangbanger or be a hermit.

I would say i was a "good kid" I wasn't out here selling dope or gangbanging :lol: , but me & my friends were still active people on the block. Dude said he couldn't even go to the park on his block that's a big extreme.

you can be a participant of your hood w/o being a criminal, & that's what many of the sheltered kids who are adults fail to realize. Hence why online you'll always see sheltered women talking about they want a "hood *****" then go on to describe nothing but criminal **** :lol:

they have zero context to go off of so they are just as susceptible to stereotypes as others who didn't grow up in it.

Right. You can be outside playing sports, chasing girls at 10-14. Me and my crew always walked to the store and different neighborhoods w/o getting involved in crazy ****.

I was weak when they asked him how old he was when he rode the bus and someone said 25 :lol:.

I do agree with Ice about Joe having a NY bias though. Every time he gushes over Fivio his bias shows :lol:.

Didn’t hear it but hearing him **** ride those trap/drill/etc type acts like they’re dropping the craziest **** ever…this added context makes so much sense lol

Y’all got the episode/time stamp they talking about this?

Basically like Trey from Boyz the hood. You can be in the streets, be in the mix with certain people and still be a pupil or achieve certain educational milestones.

You can hang with your dawgs but that don’t mean you gone go on missions or hit licks with them, hop in stolen cars, snatch purses etc. and not be green to everything. Being book and street smart is REALLY a thing. The older I get, the more it’s apparent.

Some people are just naive.

but why should his opinion be discounted or why should someone else matters more?

The people making decisions for people in this country do that **** all the time.

Most of the stuff they discuss is so surface level, everyones opinion should be considered. Joe says a lot of stupid ****, so his opinion means more, because he's a drop out, addict and former rapper? Like that east coast bias argument you mentioned, and how Joe doesn't say they have one, because they bring up Outkast and Scarface every fifth episode. :lol:

and Ice has some of the same arguments I see up here. Dudes were 8 when Get Rich Came Out and will try to discuss it's impact. 🤷‍♂️

Not walking to school alone is bugged out. Especially the way he framed it.

His opinion isn’t less valid to me, but I can understand how it would be to others. I def respect it less, tho. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom