The Combat Jack Show Thread

And dude is horrible at arguing. He will tell anyone esp Mel to shut up if they don't agree with him or his points. Will argue with Joe only for Joe to ssy something dumb and Ish be like "ohhhh ohhh i see i see". Ish can't take a compliment but calls out others. He really is literally every single negative stereotype about lightskin brothers

Joe has, on several occasions, shown that he believes the podcast is all about him. The writings were on the wall since he changed the name from I’ll Name This Podcast Later to The Joe Budden Podcast.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he thought that he could’ve done it all on his own without cohost, similar to how Burr ran his.

Last edited:
I don't know where this clip from but Ish said he never met Flip before Joe brought to the show.

Who does **** like that? He just bringing in people that his current crew don't even know, ain't talk to, no type of on mic chemistry. :lol: :smh:

On the Patreon today, Melyssa said Joe didn’t tell his co-hosts about her joining the pod permanently either. I think he’s realizing it was a bad idea, which is why he said he wants to rotate co-hosts on the last pod. Whatever pod Flip is on is an automatic skip for me :lol:.

On the Patreon today, Melyssa said Joe didn’t tell his co-hosts about her joining the pod permanently either. I think he’s realizing it was a bad idea, which is why he said he wants to rotate co-hosts on the last pod. Whatever pod Flip is on is an automatic skip for me :lol:.
He also said the numbers are up so I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all

That's wild if true. Guess that's why he wanted employees so he can do whatever without their input.

Dude think he running a temp agency or something. Just bringing people in all willy nilly.

He also said the numbers are up so I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all

Drama is always gonna sell/get views but long term it can end up being a bad idea. Rory and Mal worked cuz all them was friends. He brought in Ice and Ish for the same reason. Now half his co-hosts don't know each other.

Dude think he running a temp agency or something. Just bringing people in all willy nilly.

Drama is always gonna sell/get views but long term it can end up being a bad idea. Rory and Mal cuz all them was friends. He brought in Ice and Ish for the same reason. Now half his co-hosts don't know each other.
They’ll gain chemistry. All it takes is time. Ice and Ish were pretty bad when they first came on and now they’re all good.

They’ll gain chemistry. All it takes is time. Ice and Ish were pretty bad when they first came on and now they’re all good.

They probably will. It's still a weird thing to do. What other podcasts just brings in new hosts out the blue? :lol:

Also what does that say to the dudes that were already there? Reads like you're not enough, you're not getting it done so let me shake things up.

Also what does that say to the dudes that were already there? Reads like you're not enough, you're not getting it done so let me shake things up.

I mean, this was the case anyway. Ish was starting to annoy me more and more with his unnecessary arguing and he was getting on Mal level of annoying for me. Less is more for him. They've always needed a female voice.

I think Joe did this for Joe, so his workload can be less with Patreon and the show. Dude was Luka with the usage rate of having to provide content and humor. I'm sure that's draining.

Let's not do this again and act like Ish and Ice aren't employees :lol:

and plenty of shows have debate or round table topics with people who aren't friends and develop chemistry later. Mal didn't know Rory when he first joined the pod.

People hire and assemble teams all the time based on who they like.

Ish and Ice both got too comfortable. You could tell while back when he had that contract debate with Joe stating that he not a rookie in the field and Joe can't find what Ish does. Remember when Mal and Rory did that. From time Joe been saying he wants his cohost to engage more and has showed he will replace them if they won't

I don't know where this clip from but Ish said he never met Flip before Joe brought to the show.

Who does **** like that? He just bringing in people that his current crew don't even know, ain't talk to, no type of on mic chemistry. :lol: :smh:

People like JOE BUDDEN who thrive off drama. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Type of dude to bring new people around the clique just to stoke the fire or get a rise out of people.

Dude will pull up to the function or vacation with someone NOBODY knows and leave that person with the crew, while he goes off and does something else. I can tell he’s that type.

“Look out for my mans while I do something real quick”

Let's not do this again and act like Ish and Ice aren't employees :lol:

and plenty of shows have debate or round table topics with people who aren't friends and develop chemistry later. Mal didn't know Rory when he first joined the pod.

People hire and assemble teams all the time based on who they like.

And those shows don't work long term. Stephen A got Max kicked off cuz they had no chemistry and it was hard to watch at times. :lol:

And those shows don't work long term. Stephen A got Max kicked off cuz they had no chemistry and it was hard to watch at times. :lol:

What :lol:

ESPN is full of them from Around The Horn, to Get Up, to Skip and Shannon

and before that Greeny and Golic, but they weren't even friends like that, but everyone thought they were.

The reason he brought rotating guest was to add new life because it was predictable and Max was getting like Ish.

Yall don’t even have to extrapolate it to ESPN. Keeping it strictly on Joe, y’all have seen what happened with Everyday Struggle and State of the Culture. Mans doesn’t learn. :lol:

Yall don’t even have to extrapolate it to ESPN. Keeping it strictly on Joe, y’all have seen what happened with Everyday Struggle and State of the Culture. Mans doesn’t learn. :lol:
He doesn't learn or his cohost don't?? Joe always gonna be Joe. I think the main issue is issue is Ice and Ish don't get its an entertainment podcast. You gotta learn how to take a joke. Ice started learning with Flip came but Ish always wants to be too cool for everything

What :lol:

ESPN is full of them from Around The Horn, to Get Up, to Skip and Shannon

and before that Greeny and Golic, but they weren't even friends like that, but everyone thought they were.

The reason he brought rotating guest was to add new life because it was predictable and Max was getting like Ish.

Shannon had filled in for Stephen A on first take during the 2016 finals. Him and Skip clicked, Shannon was funny, fans liked him that's why Skip picked him once he left ESPN. They wasn't randomly thrown together.

Stephen A and Skip worked great also because they was cool and had chemistry years before Stephen A joined.

ATH is different because that's a 30 min show with different people every week. PTI been going for over 20 years with Mike and Tony because they got chemistry.

What happen?

I didn't watch those shows.

This is Joe's show. What don't you guys get about that? He can do what he wants with it. At first dudes whined about Mal and Rory, and now dudes are whining about Ice and Ish. They are employees. Unless you're management what employer goes to their employees about who they hire and their business decisions.

It's like you dudes are complaining just to complain. Watch, listen or don't.

The 2 girls Joe hired had issues with him too. Bridgette Kelly and the chubby cute chick I don't know her name.

really i just past through here to get put onto different/new content, so i don’t really understand all the attempts at psychoanalysis of the various podcast crews…😂

that stated some of the pretense of these shows is that the people talking are friends who know each other and value each other’s opinions & not that they are just pontificating heads; to the extent that it appears/becomes less of the former & more of the latter i can see how it does probably erode some of the appeal for some

Back
Top Bottom