The Combat Jack Show Thread

Just saw those IG posts from Joe, that dude has to be on something. Out here lookin crazy man :smh:. Looks like it's about to be another pointless debate podcast. Dude is way too serious about **** that really ain't that serious sometimes
Yeah he always quick to dismiss Someone else point of view

He been saying for months that Drake's quality has gone way down and he thought this next album would be the fall. He called it. Think this album will be his best selling album but will be the fall.

He's been a huge Drake fan for a while too.

Last edited:
Just saw those IG posts from Joe, that dude has to be on something. Out here lookin crazy man :smh:. Looks like it's about to be another pointless debate podcast. Dude is way too serious about **** that really ain't that serious sometimes

He been saying for months that Drake's quality has gone way down and he thought this next album would be the fall. He called it. Think this album will be his best selling album but will be the fall.

He's been a huge Drake fan for a while too.

Yeah, I don't really need more Drake talk from him and Rory, but it makes sense to promote the podcast, since Drake is the biggest thing in rap and nothing has been going on the past week.

I dismissed the drug accusations before, but how animated Joe was about the Drake debate is sort of suspect. It's not that serious.

I'm gonna listen but the Drake talk between them all is crazy and old. Rory is in love with Drake. Joe holds back because he's cool with Drake so I'm hoping he finally opens up but I doubt it.

Joe's podcast is getting attention everywhere. Seeing it on every site and all over social media.

Last edited:
Everybody ain't gon like the same thing. It's probably some dudes you like that somebody would call trash. And as much as I love 90's Hip Hop y'all gotta stop tryna compare era's. Ain't no young dude bout to come out sounding like Illmatic Nas today.

Why wouldn't a kid come out sounding lyrical? Joey Badass did it. Nick Grant is lyrical. Chance has lyrics. Earl and Tyler have lyrics. So does Rocky and Twelvy and them. I might not be in to their subject matter or them, but they're trying. They have their lane. If I'm Cyhi or Jon Connor I'm puzzled, because they're never coming out unless they go indie and take their careers in their own hands.

I don't get why you shouldn't expect a artist to say something and have substance. Why should the bar be lower? Music is supposed to advance on what came before it.

The bar is really low to be a rapper now. All you need is a computer and you can put your crap up on the internet. And the listener and consumer has no standards anymore.

Why wouldn't a kid come out sounding lyrical? Joey Badass did it. Nick Grant is lyrical. Chance has lyrics. Earl and Tyler have lyrics. So does Rocky and Twelvy and them. I might not be in to their subject matter or them, but they're trying. They have their lane. If I'm Cyhi or Jon Connor I'm puzzled, because they're never coming out unless they go indie and take their careers in their own hands.

I don't get why you shouldn't expect a artist to say something and have substance. Why should the bar be lower? Music is supposed to advance on what came before it.

The bar is really low to be a rapper now. All you need is a computer and you can put your crap up on the internet. And the listener and consumer has no standards anymore.

Have you even listened to Kodak? How do you know he's not "lyrical".

You seem to only see "lyrical" as 90s NY hallway type raps. You can't listen to "Signs" by Kodak black and say he's not lyrical or "doesn't have substance".

Joey Bad***** and Kodak are both talented, and "lyrical" in their own ways.

You posted his youtube clips and I've heard him before. He's not lyrical.

Talented in the way he says words at least unlike some of these rappers? That I understand him better rapping than when he talks in that Tax interview? That sort of talent?

Looks like Joe went ahead and put the episode up.

Lyrical is relative. When people say Future just mumbles, maybe to a NYer or a dusty/old/lame ***** who doesn't understand the lingo, but to someone from Atlanta who struggles with drug addiction or in the street life, Future is gospel.

Just because you say more words than someone else doesn't make you more lyrical. You can say a lot of words and still say nothing.

****** think you gotta sound  like Nas to be lyrical. 

Why isn't Kodak lyrical? Because he doesn't have the slang and annunciation of 94 New York City when he gives you his view and perspective of street life?

Either way, **** all that "lyrical" ****, Kodak be saying real/relatable ****, is unique and unapologetically Southern, and is 18 and only going up.

I could also understand everything fine he said in the interview.

Last edited:
Joe is wildin'.
roll.gif
eek.gif

Son is close to the edge.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I feel like people gonna miss his point because he's yelling. In the heat of the moment you can be passionate, just like in the barbershop when someone is talking about sports and they are loud as hell but not necessarily mad or even emotional.

Ironically he was on Taxstone tryna make Tax feel dumb for doing the same ****. 
laugh.gif

Is David Banner unapologetically southern What about Phonte? Killer Mike? Cyhi? Krit? Nick Grant? Rick Ross?

Annunciation isn't a northern thing. It's an english and intelligence thing.

Real and relateable :lol: So you're 17 or 18? You hang around 18 year olds? I have to be a 17 year old high school drop out who can halfway speak english to relate I guess.

Last edited:
Everybody ain't gon like the same thing. It's probably some dudes you like that somebody would call trash. And as much as I love 90's Hip Hop y'all gotta stop tryna compare era's. Ain't no young dude bout to come out sounding like Illmatic Nas today.

While I agree that the bar is set low nowadays, Kodak does have good lyrics and substance in his muisc. You probably haven't listened to any of his tapes. His music might not be for you but if you listened to Project Baby there's no way you can say he has no substance. Like I said I was very surprised when gave the young dude a chance.

Lyrical is relative. When people say Future just mumbles, maybe to a NYer or a dusty/old/lame ***** who doesn't understand the lingo, but to someone from Atlanta who struggles with drug addiction or in the street life, Future is gospel.

Just because you say more words than someone else doesn't make you more lyrical. You can say a lot of words and still say nothing.

****** think you gotta sound  like Nas to be lyrical. 

Why isn't Kodak lyrical? Because he doesn't have the slang and annunciation of 94 New York City when he gives you his view and perspective of street life?

Either way, **** all that "lyrical" ****, Kodak be saying real/relatable ****, is unique and unapologetically Southern, and is 18 and only going up.

I could also understand everything fine he said in the interview.

Amazing how the regular people are dusty old and lame while the junkies have become whats praised smh

Last edited:
Is David Banner unapologetically southern What about Phonte? Killer Mike? Cyhi? Krit? Nick Grant? Rick Ross?

Annunciation isn't a northern thing. It's an english and intelligence thing.

Real and relateable
laugh.gif
So you're 17 or 18? You hang around 18 year olds? I have to be a 17 year old high school drop out who can halfway speak english to relate I guess.
You're a whole entire clown for thinking unapologetically Southern had anything to do with annunciation and intelligence.

What I meant by that is that his overall aura is that of a South *****; he's rapping over Cell Therapy and Thug Holiday and songs like this where he just has a southern soul in his music instead of rapping over knockoff  Metro beats:

He still dresses like a South ***** from Florida, even if it's not trendy, he's not out here covered in zippers and leather.

I bet all the people you listed are Kodak fans because the substance of what he's talking about has nothing to do with how he talks. 

Topic wise he's not saying anything different from Nas in 94 when he was 18. Uppity *** *****. 
laugh.gif

As far as him being relatable he talks about staying down and grinding and trying to get out. I don't see how someone COULDN'T relate to it. I don't need a ***** to be all super duper lyrical miracle so I can feel fake intelligent for me to appreciate it.

Amazing how the regular people are dusty old and lame while the junkies have become whats praised smh
If you can't understand what Future or Kodak are saying you probably are dusty or was a lame who just doesn't understand the lingo. Has nothing to do with being a junkie or not.

I also said some of y'all are probably from NY/not from the South so you just might not understand southern dialect.

It be hard to understand me cause my jaws keep locking...

Joe smart, he said the podcast wasn't going to drop until Thurs, but dude been trending all day today he had to take advantage of the momentum. Is the whole podcast about Views, or are they discussing other things?

100% views. I enjoyed him going off and I agree on some of his points. This is the beginning of the end and he had potential to be bigger.

100% views. I enjoyed him going off and I agree on some of his points. This is the beginning of the end and he had potential to be bigger.
I wouldn't go that far.

He comes back in June/July  with a 9-10 song EP of bangers and he's critically praised again.

Not to mention he sold 600k in a day and is projected to do 1 mill, I've read some sites predicting him at 2 mill.

Hate him or love him, it's far from over no pun intended.

If you can't understand what Future or Kodak are saying you probably are dusty or was a lame who just doesn't understand the lingo. Has nothing to do with being a junkie or not.

I also said some of y'all are probably from NY/not from the South so you just might not understand southern dialect.

The fact that you had to state that a person "struggles with drug addiction" said all i need to hear. And you guys need to understand that there is a difference between not understanding and not caring enough to pay attention.

I like the french song and I like some of futures stuff but im deff not praising either one of them. When did it become cool to be addicted to drugs? If someone enjoys doing drugs thats on them but to follow someone because they rap about doing drugs the best sounds crazy to me.

The fact that you had to state that a person "struggles with drug addiction" said all i need to hear. And you guys need to understand that there is a difference between not understanding and not caring enough to pay attention.

I like the french song and I like some of futures stuff but im deff not praising either one of them. When did it become cool to be addicted to drugs? If someone enjoys doing drugs thats on them but to follow someone because they rap about doing drugs the best sounds crazy to me.
I was just saying that someone thinking that a rapper is lyrical is all relative.

For someone who struggles with drug addiction, Future is lyrical. Of course drug addiction isn't cool, but you can't dismiss how someone may relate to that just because you personally don't deal with it? That's what music is for, for someone out there to relate to it and help them get through a situation; not all this fake *** lyrical miracle **** a lot of y'all listen to to make yourself feel smarter or on some higher plane of understanding. 
laugh.gif

A lot of rappers just put words together and don't actually say ****.

As far as "not caring enough to pay attention"... 
laugh.gif

That's a cop out just say you don't understand the lingo and annunciation. If you're not from the South it's understandable, if you are  from the South, you're probably older or were a lame who never hung around people to learn how people talk.

I mean older folks was saying the same **** about 90's hip hop.

"How can they call women b's"

"How can they rap about selling, using drugs and liquor"

Some **** just ain't for you.

Rory sounds like an idiot every time he brings up Jay-Z in the Drake comparison. Probably because he was 5 when Reasonable Doubt came out. There's no comparison and he's grasping and reaching to defend Drake. Just talk about the music Drake puts out.

They're all over the place jumping from subject to subject. 50 Cent. The billionaire talk. Meek. The conspiracies.

I'm tired of this conversation Are they going to do this for a whole hour?

Back
Top Bottom