The Combat Jack Show Thread

I wouldn't go that far.

He comes back in June/July  with a 9-10 song EP of bangers and he's critically praised again.

Not to mention he sold 600k in a day and is projected to do 1 mill, I've read some sites predicting him at 2 mill.

Hate him or love him, it's far from over no pun intended.
That's the thing. His ending can be a smooth long trend downward with great sales following what I believe here to be his peak like Em has had...or it can be a steep decline from here.

In terms of material? I thought NWTS was his peak body of work so I've been on the 'any day now' train for a minute. 

I could obviously be wrong though and if I am, good on the 6god for proving me wrong.

You're a whole entire clown for thinking unapologetically Southern had anything to do with annunciation and intelligence.

What I meant by that is that his overall aura is that of a South *****; he's rapping over Cell Therapy and Thug Holiday and songs like this where he just has a southern soul in his music instead of rapping over knockoff  Metro beats:

He still dresses like a South ***** from Florida, even if it's not trendy, he's not out here covered in zippers and leather.

I bet all the people you listed are Kodak fans because the substance of what he's talking about has nothing to do with how he talks. 

Topic wise he's not saying anything different from Nas in 94 when he was 18. Uppity *** *****. :lol:

As far as him being relatable he talks about staying down and grinding and trying to get out. I don't see how someone COULDN'T relate to it. I don't need a ***** to be all super duper lyrical miracle so I can feel fake intelligent for me to appreciate it.

100% this. Repped to the highest degree

I think you might be over estimating the complexity of the southern lingo. People from the middle america listen and know every word because they care and enjoy the music. I understand march madness because I heard it was a good song so i listened to it. I can tolerate some of migos stuff because they really are mostly talking about being young and ignorant and we were all there at some point.

Just because you can relate to something doesnt mean it is lyrical. But I agree a lot of rappers are doing the fake lyrical/conscious rap from all regions but i was only really talking about the drug/lame comments from your earlier post.

But ive taken up enough of the thread with my issues here.

I let it go, because I realize that people from the south defend and have an excuse for everything. They used to defend that snap and the strip club stuff.

Next time someones bashes Troy Ave I'm going to say it's because you don't understand him, because you're used to being and listening to the user. :lol:

Drake isn't going to end until women move on.

He's the new LL. No male rapper has had the number of female fans he's had since LL. And women are more loyal. He puts out some baby **** soft simp stuff with his wack *** singing and they eat it up.

And I also don't think it's necessary to have a classic. You can be a classic rapper and it makes your project classic. I don't think 50 has a classic album. I don't find that album listeneable besides a few songs, but it's a classic because it was 50's first album. It made 50. Classic songs from 50 IMO, yes, albums, no. It's aged horrible and I'm not a big fan of it's production.

Listening to this I'm shaking my head. Joe is a weird 35 year old dude. He has put way too much thought in to Drake.

I really don't understand what playing all these clips is proving.

Last edited:
@TAXSTONE Damn beloved! Why Joe Budden get at Drake like this? pic.twitter.com/6LtNAan1uJ
— Winner (@FreshGod777) May 4, 2016

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm seein people on twitter talking about Budden is spittin real talk on the pod, but I'm about 40 minutes in just listening like wtf is this dude gettin so hype about this for? And calling Drake the golden child? Budden is either on some narcotics, or just a very weird dude man

I saw Tax and Ebro going at it on Twitter. Tax said something about his wife. Ebro talking about suing him. A mess. :lol:

Last edited:
Is he always this passionate on the podcast or does he just lose composure over Drake?

I think I see what he's saying though.

I just wish he went more in depth on what he was getting at as far as Jay-Tidal vs. Drake-Apple and how it relates to streaming and how musicians won't get paid. I thought he had a good connection there but he was so excited he didn't get his points across clearly.

I just wish he went more in depth on what he was getting at as far as Jay-Tidal vs. Drake-Apple and how it relates to streaming and how musicians won't get paid. I thought he had a good connection there but he was so excited he didn't get his points across clearly.

To me it felt like he was insinuating that Jay is trying to take down Drake from behind the scenes, which I think is a lil far-fetched, he mentioned that someone may have sent Meek at Drake, I think Joe is thinking a lil too much in that regard.

To me it felt like he was insinuating that Jay is trying to take down Drake from behind the scenes, which I think is a lil far-fetched, he mentioned that someone may have sent Meek at Drake, I think Joe is thinking a lil too much in that regard.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that though.

This is from the night of the tweets.

Someone put the battery in his back on some "I bet you won't...."

Who knows if it was Hov though. Could be completely unrelated. But Drake IS the only dude of worth that Apple Music has exclusively in terms of the rap/urban music world. Without him, TIDAL has a lot stronger of a hold on the urban music audience. People were all over my timeline mad that VIEWS was Apple exclusive because they already got TIDAL because of Rihanna and Beyonce.

Come to think of it, I really can't name anyone else that is super popping and releasing their **** exclusively through Apple.

Last edited:
This week Joe Budden episode was all over the place. Not sure if he giving mad neck or just crazy, maybe just both.

Wait a min wait a min

So im about an hour into the podcast and im thinking. I might be way off but Joe mentioned talking about this with Marshall (Em) early in the podcast so im assuming it has been talked about behind the scenes at interscope/ shady/ aftermath

Is there anyway possible that Joe wants Drake to go in and be prepared to really get the Drake vs Jay beef going? Jimmy Iovine, Dre, Em (i dont think he is really involved with Apple) etc would love to get Jay/Tidal outta here.

Maybe its too early because every time I hear Joe talk about Drake vs Jay I think of Jay vs Joe

Last edited:
I think it's disingenuous to have a Drake debate and not mention writers. You would think was this one man musical genius. As if he doesn't have a team. You would think Drake was Prince, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones all wrapped in to one the way Joe talks about him.

Is he always this passionate on the podcast or does he just lose composure over Drake?

Drake for some reason

They Jay-Z thing is weird, because Joe still looks at Jay-Z as a rapper. When he probably makes the less money off rapping. Jay isn't competing with Drake. Apple is the concern.

I do also. He's secure enough to let Beyonce drop Lemonade, but he's concerned about Drake? Plus Jay was never number one as far as sales, it was always 50, Em, Nelly... And he was always in Pac and Big's shadow. That's why I don't understand the whole conversation and comparison. Jay is on Puff and Dre level. You think Dre is concerned about 40 and Boi1nda? Dre's competition is himself, same with Jay.

Joe is having a debate with himself.

This week Joe Budden episode was all over the place. Not sure if he giving mad neck or just crazy, maybe just both.

Both :smh: The whole thing was just weird.

@TAXSTONE Damn beloved! Why Joe Budden get at Drake like this? pic.twitter.com/6LtNAan1uJ
— Winner (@FreshGod777) May 4, 2016

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm seein people on twitter talking about Budden is spittin real talk on the pod, but I'm about 40 minutes in just listening like wtf is this dude gettin so hype about this for? And calling Drake the golden child? Budden is either on some narcotics, or just a very weird dude man

He mentioned drugs two or three times and what people go through. Joe is going through something to produce music, because Drake has never seemed THAT type. He's projecting.

I saw Tax and Ebro going at it on Twitter. Tax said something about his wife. Ebro talking about suing him. A mess. :lol:

Tax is going to hold himself back with that. These people aren't going to get with him, because of stuff like that. Ebro does have power and knows people.

Last edited:
What did Tax say about his family? I need some facts before I state my opinion on the matter.

Anyone got some back story?

made the mistake of listening to joe this morning . the hell was he talking about i got so lost i missed my exit

idk where he was going with his lil clips and the half yelling half calm to prove a point . he was digging deep about _ that didnt matter and they cant have one drake conversation without bringing up jay

i agree with the writting also . like him and rory both are biased to begin with the way they completely ignore the conversation around him getting help . i just heard a bunch of excuses on why his album wasnt that good . he dropped a dud , it happens ...

What a disappointment that podcast was. Budden was all over the place. Just awful. I usually like hearing him talk about music and artists but this was bad.

Rory comparing Views to Vol. 3 was comedy. Joe immediately shut that down.

Pretty much an hour of excuses for the album. No one could call it wack but had an excuse for every wack song, beat or album.

Last edited:
What did Tax say about his family? I need some facts before I state my opinion on the matter.

i dont get the backstory either . saw him roasting ebro on ig (it was kinda funny with the mygmygmygmyg lol) but i think tax is too loyal to charlamagne maybe ? a lot these lil side comments and disagreements dont really involve him it just feels like he's doing it cause its the opposing side to him

i dont get the backstory either . saw him roasting ebro on ig (it was kinda funny with the mygmygmygmyg lol) but i think tax is too loyal to charlamagne maybe ? a lot these lil side comments and disagreements dont really involve him it just feels like he's doing it cause its the opposing side to him

I'm not sure but I think it started on the Tax episode when he was talking about the Drake/Meek **** and he started going in on Flex about lying about having the Meek record. Then he brought up Ebro, started calling him a liar too. He did that "My G, My G" thing on there too. :lol: **** seemed like a random rant.

Last edited:
Joe's podcast was the definition of Dickriding man :smh: , i'm sitting here trying to focus on some of his points and they just aren't very precise. However i found it hilarious when he goes into the Rant of the Artist needing a voice in those corporate rooms & Drake being the "Goldenchild" to spearhead this generation of rap for the youth.

1) Joe was talking about this ***** like he was reasonable doubt nice, Drake has been good but son was realistically talkin like he's in that top tier all time as a rapper, and the things he was talking about were world changing.
2) Drake does have the ability to really make a huge mark on the music industry as a whole, But what exactly makes him more qualified to fight for the "artist" than a Jay, Dre, Diddy, Ye ??? . Drake for the majority of his career hasn't been too much of a posterchild for "artistry". Never really got the vibe that what he was doing was attempting to break a mold

Drake gave up his power the moment he was the hottest new rapper but signed with Young Money, that was his chance to change the industry. He didn't need a major, much less one led by Baby.

What a disappointment that podcast was. Budden was all over the place. Just awful. I usually like hearing him talk about music and artists but this was bad.

Rory comparing Views to Vol. 3 was comedy. Joe immediately shut that down.

Pretty much an hour of excuses for the album. No one could call it wack but had an excuse for every wack song, beat or album.

Rory was making himself look bad with that.

He's really radom with it. It's like he's Charlamagne's online version of Wax.

Wait a min wait a min

So im about an hour into the podcast and im thinking. I might be way off but Joe mentioned talking about this with Marshall (Em) early in the podcast so im assuming it has been talked about behind the scenes at interscope/ shady/ aftermath

Is there anyway possible that Joe wants Drake to go in and be prepared to really get the Drake vs Jay beef going? Jimmy Iovine, Dre, Em (i dont think he is really involved with Apple) etc would love to get Jay/Tidal outta here.

Maybe its too early because every time I hear Joe talk about Drake vs Jay I think of Jay vs Joe

when he brought up Em, he was talking about fame and how EM literally wants to just pump his own gas but due to the fame, he cant.

Back
Top Bottom