The Combat Jack Show Thread

is he even a actual DJ?
he does events here and there

one of those "ipod playlist" DJs 
laugh.gif

akademiks/ joe show is trash

I was wondering if he actually DJ'ed

Them having it as a daily show seems like a bit too much.

TK is a snake oil salesman, man.

Y'all watch your wallets.:lol:

This is what I got out of him

Plus he's teaching dudes the wrong values. He's teaching dudes to be simps and trick on chicks.

You're semi famous, allegedly funny and you claim to have money but you're talking about taking care of women. You're hustling backwards.

TK is hit or miss with me, he gives some good advice & also some dumb ****. He represents alot of the older dudes with change in their pocket, they trick for the women and try to pass it off as being playa.

Akademiks is a real DJ :lol:

He used to DJ college parties in the tri-state bout a decade ago.

Joe Budden is a whole clown in that setting. Comes off as a close minded, grumpy washed rapper.

Joe Voice is needed on that show to combat that new generation rhetoric (although akademiks looks 30+ himself)

don't think this is gonna last long tho, if you imagine complex at their core Joe is the polar opposite of everything they stand for. And personally on the point of Jay........ i don't want him anywhere near Tyler the Creator tracks, if i'm only gonna get 2-3 verses a year i rather them be Hov spitting forreal.

Joe Voice is needed on that show to combat that new generation rhetoric (although akademiks looks 30+ himself)

don't think this is gonna last long tho, if you imagine complex at their core Joe is the polar opposite of everything they stand for. And personally on the point of Jay........ i don't want him anywhere near Tyler the Creator tracks, if i'm only gonna get 2-3 verses a year i rather them be Hov spitting forreal.

Budden the critic/podcaster is about 80% being extra and 20% valid points to me.

And Budden trying to play the grumpy old guy who doesn't do the young dumb **** was always weird to me considering he came up in the 2000s in the era of punchline mixtape rappers, probably one of the worst trends in rap to me. Technically that was almost 20 years ago but I remember back then listening to all those punchline dudes thinking it was trash and young dumb **** (I don't consider G-unit, dipset or D-block mixtapes a part of that, and yea banks was a punchline dude but still).

I might be alone on this but Budden and Fab are 2 dudes in particular that when I see dudes kinda giving them that OG respect I'm just like, enh, they started as corny punchline dudes. It'd be like looking at Darius Miles as the OG on some back in my day ****, like bruh you know that era of bball was kinda trash right :lol:? My respect for them is nowhere near in the same vein as dudes that were doing it in the 90s.

Compared to that early 2000s class of rappers I'd actually say the new generation is deeper and is putting out better projects imo, so it's odd to hear those particular dudes critiquing the new generation sometimes.

Budden the critic/podcaster is about 80% being extra and 20% valid points to me.

And Budden trying to play the grumpy old guy who doesn't do the young dumb **** was always weird to me considering he came up in the 2000s in the era of punchline mixtape rappers, probably one of the worst trends in rap to me. Technically that was almost 20 years ago but I remember back then listening to all those punchline dudes thinking it was trash and young dumb **** (I don't consider G-unit, dipset or D-block mixtapes a part of that, and yea banks was a punchline dude but still).

I might be alone on this but Budden and Fab are 2 dudes in particular that when I see dudes kinda giving them that OG respect I'm just like, enh, they started as corny punchline dudes. It'd be like looking at Darius Miles as the OG on some back in my day ****, like bruh you know that era of bball was kinda trash right :lol:? My respect for them is nowhere near in the same vein as dudes that were doing it in the 90s.

Compared to that early 2000s class of rappers I'd actually say the new generation is deeper and is putting out better projects imo, so it's odd to hear those particular dudes critiquing the new generation sometimes.

your opinion is your opinion but late 90's and early 200's were some of the best eras in rap. Also Budden is usually speaking from the perspective of a fan & was of age during the 90's, so he can easily speak from that perspective.

I like Joe on the show. Surprised I like the format a lot. First take on Hip Hop. Dope concept, surprised it took so long for someone to come up with.

I like Joe on the show. Surprised I like the format a lot. First take on Hip Hop. Dope concept, surprised it took so long for someone to come up with.

Real talk :lol:.

I just don't think akademiks and Budden are the right people to do it.

Because Budden doesn't respect Akademiks at all.....and Budden hates everything new. He's OD with the grumpy old man.

Is grumpy old man just the default term for anyone over 30 that has any negative opinions on the current rap climate? 

Because most of the ****** I see ya'll rave about on here are 30+

Drake

Future

Cole

And then dudes like Gucci Mane, Ross, etc. are around 40 or so.

I don't get it.

Also, Akademiks said he's 28. Which really means he's also 30+

Last edited:
One thing that annoys me about Joe is that he CONSTANTLY interrupts discussions. Dude will go on a tangent, ask you a question then interrupt your answer :lol:

As far as actual music, based off his podcast i think Joe bigs up plenty of new artist/music he just gets into that act when speaking on the logic of some of the newer generation & in a lot of cases he's right. as someone who is 28 and more in the "middle" a lot of flawed logic is spit out these days.

Like Akademiks point on Ross flopping, Ross didn't sell a lot but who expected him to move much. IDK if that album even had a single

Last edited:
Is grumpy old man just the default term for anyone over 30 that has any negative opinions on the current rap climate? 

Because most of the ****** I see ya'll rave about on here are 30+

Drake
Future
Cole

And then dudes like Gucci Mane, Ross, etc. are around 40 or so.

I don't get it.

Also, Akademiks said he's 28. Which really means he's also 30+

No. It literally means "grumpy old man" :lol:.

Ross and Budden are contemporaries....and Ross is a lyricist.

You would never see him just brush off some of the younger dudes all dismisvley the way Budden does. That's just ONE example.

You see Jeezy, Ross, Fab etc all show love and give an ear to the newer cats. Budden is close minded and won't even attempt to give some dudes a chance

Have you ever listened to Mood Muzik?

If so, I'm confused on how you could label this generation as "deeper" and cast off Budden as a punchline rapper.

No. It literally means "grumpy old man"
laugh.gif

You would never see him just brush off some of the younger dudes all dismisvley the way Budden does. That's just ONE example.

You see Jeezy, Ross, Fab etc all show love and give an ear to the newer cats. Budden is close minded and won't even attempt to give some dudes a chance
Well, it wouldn't be a smart financial decision for those guys to voice their displeasure about "Lil Whoever" because they're still trying to play in the same stadium with them. In order to retain so called "relevancy", it makes sense to "give them an ear". Fab is still making "the big box on WSHH" records with people like Uzi. Budden doesn't seem to be playing that game anymore and is basically a full fledged media guy...hence why he has no problem trying to be nice.

I don't doubt for one second if Jeezy, Ross, and Fab in a room with no cameras and asked them to speak candidly about this new era of "rappers" that they'd have some "grump old man" comments.

Last edited:
No. It literally means "grumpy old man" :lol:.

Ross/Jeezy/Fab etc etc are still artist, they still have relationships to uphold. Joe on the other hand is being paid to give his opinion on rap at this point. so he's gonna be more open to it.

Joe has shown love to Joey, Kendrick, Drake, Party, Tiller, Chance, Cole etc etc. He just told Akademiks that he likes Uzis new song. He doesn't hate on the new generation he just points out what isn't good to him. I think Joe has given cats a chance and quickly realized that some of these artist are trash :lol:

Well, it wouldn't be a smart financial decision for those guys to voice their displeasure about "Lil Whoever" because they're still trying to play in the same stadium with them. In order to retain so called "relevancy", it makes sense to "give them an ear". Fab is still making "the big box on WSHH" records with people like Uzi. Budden doesn't seem to be playing that game anymore and is basically a full fledged media guy...hence why he has no problem trying to be nice.

I don't doubt for one second if Jeezy, Ross, and Fab in a room with no cameras and asked them to speak candidly about this new era of "rappers" that they'd have some "grump old man" comments.

Facts the convo would be filled with a lot of "I appreciate the hustle, keep gettin that bag talk" but if we're talkin strictly the quality of the music i don't think to many of them are listening to this latest influx of rappers.

Ross/Jeezy/Fab etc etc are still artist, they still have relationships to uphold. Joe on the other hand is being paid to give his opinion on rap at this point. so he's gonna be more open to it.

Joe has shown love to Joey, Kendrick, Drake, Party, Tiller, Chance, Cole etc etc. He just told Akademiks that he likes Uzis new song. He doesn't hate on the new generation he just points out what isn't good to him. I think Joe has given cats a chance and quickly realized that some of these artist are trash :lol:

You know having an actual opinion and saying you don't like something is hating these days

I'm sure

View media item 2401152

your opinion is your opinion but late 90's and early 200's were some of the best eras in rap. Also Budden is usually speaking from the perspective of a fan & was of age during the 90's, so he can easily speak from that perspective.

I'm mainly speaking on the era where the mixtape punchline rapper trend started that Budden and Fab were a big part of, which is around 2002 and after I'd say, post Blueprint 2.

And yeah there were definitely alot of good projects in the late 90s early 2000's tho, but even still those were mainly from dudes who I'd consider 90s rappers (Jay, Nas, Outkast, Roots, Common, Sigel, Cam, DMX, Mobb Deep, MF Doom, Dre,Meth & Red, Pun, Lauryn Hill, M.O.P, Gangstarr, AZ, Mos Def, Kweli, UGK, Cee-lo, Ghostface, De La, Ja etc.), mixed in with a couple new guys (Ye, 50, T.I., Freeway, Clipse, Luda, Nelly, I'm probably forgetting a couple). Go back and look at the best albums of 2003 and 2004 and take the 90's artists out, it ain't that poppin tbh.

And Budden trying to play the grumpy old guy who doesn't do the young dumb **** was always weird to me considering he came up in the 2000s in the era of punchline mixtape rappers, probably one of the worst trends in rap to me.

Stopped reading right here.

What mixtapes/artists were you rockin with at the time

Have you ever listened to Mood Muzik?

If so, I'm confused on how you could label this generation as "deeper" and cast off Budden as a punchline rapper.

I meant deeper in terms of quantity of good artists and music, not the subject matter. And tbh I never rocked with the mood muzik series, couple tracks here and there but that's it.

I'm mainly speaking on the era where the mixtape punchline rapper trend started that Budden and Fab were a big part of, which is around 2002 and after I'd say, post Blueprint 2.

And yeah there were definitely alot of good projects in the late 90s early 2000's tho, but even still those were mainly from dudes who I'd consider 90s rappers (Jay, Nas, Outkast, Roots, Common, Sigel, Cam, DMX, Mobb Deep, MF Doom, Dre,Meth & Red, Pun, Lauryn Hill, M.O.P, Gangstarr, AZ, Mos Def, Kweli, UGK, Cee-lo, Ghostface, De La, Ja etc.), mixed in with a couple new guys (Ye, 50, T.I., Freeway, Clipse, Luda, Nelly, I'm probably forgetting a couple). Go back and look at the best albums of 2003 and 2004 and take the 90's artists out, it ain't that poppin tbh.

Negative, a lot of good underground projects came out then, Little Brother Cannibal Ox, MF Doom, Murs, Non Phixion, Jedi Mind Tricks.....

I meant deeper in terms of quantity of good artists and music, not the subject matter. And tbh I never rocked with the mood muzik series, couple tracks here and there but that's it.

Negative, a lot of good underground projects came out then, Little Brother Cannibal Ox, MF Doom, Murs, Non Phixion, Jedi Mind Tricks.....

Doom was the **** but he's a 90s dude, Murs 3:16 had some tracks and walk like a man was crazy first time I heard it, Murs as a whole was just cool tho imo, the listening was very meh and overrated, did not rock with The Cold Vein in the least bit, never got into Non Phixion or Jedi Mind Tricks

Back
Top Bottom