The Combat Jack Show Thread

Once? Stop it, whoever Joe dates never leaves his house after that

They both prey on women and use power as leverage

Huh you do recognize that there's a huge difference between a woman willingly giving you the P (even if some of her incentives may involve a better lifestyle for herself) & one of the biggest execs EVER, who is also your boss using his power to push himself upon his employees

Once? Stop it, whoever Joe dates never leaves his house after that

They both prey on women and use power as leverage

Caitlyn was the only one bruh

Can we go down them

Tahiry
Esther Baxter
Cyn

So which ones didn't have their own ****? How can you even compare the two?

That's like comparing Bill Cosby to LA Reid.

What feminist got to you?

Kaitlyn was born and raised in Florida. She was a stripper and had a fight with family. Some of y'all act like Joe flying in foreigners and getting them paperwork. Smh

da reality is Joe Budden plays da same position CTG does, but since everyday struggle isn't as political connected to da industry vs say a record station, there's more leeway in keeping in [emoji]128175[/emoji], and that could potential cannibalizes what Charlemagne does for a living.

that L.A. Reid rant was something you would only be privy to if you was a insider in da industry, just a few years ago.

this is a big stretch Joe & charlamagne have two completely different styles & charlamagne is WAY more calculated in his approach. Charlamagne is looking to go the Howard Stern route, aka he tells the truth but he doesn't put himself into situations that will completely kill relationships. As they said on the podcast joe is a Kamikaze, it's entertaining as **** but after awhile it will stop him from getting further if he always on attack mode.

Howard Stern can go ballistic cuz be's on a platform where they can't touch him.

Star from starandbucwild broke Sterns ratings briefly on hot 97 and power105, problem is when you're in a radio station, da politics of going animal on da mic rears its ugly head and people pull strings behind da scenes.

Charlemagne since his existence has always been diet Star, even at his most potent, cuz he will pipe down and play it straight with certain folks, Star never turned down, and Budden got da same potential to just go nuclear on that platform, plus he's also a Artist so he has that Noreaga drink champs perspective that CTG can't touch.

budden used to do radio at hot 97 briefly, so he's deceptively good at being a host.

da reality is Joe Budden plays da same position CTG does, but since everyday struggle isn't as political connected to da industry vs say a record station, there's more leeway in keeping in [emoji]128175[/emoji], and that could potential cannibalizes what Charlemagne does for a living.

that L.A. Reid rant was something you would only be privy to if you was a insider in da industry, just a few years ago.

this is a big stretch Joe & charlamagne have two completely different styles & charlamagne is WAY more calculated in his approach. Charlamagne is looking to go the Howard Stern route, aka he tells the truth but he doesn't put himself into situations that will completely kill relationships. As they said on the podcast joe is a Kamikaze, it's entertaining as **** but after awhile it will stop him from getting further if he always on attack mode.

Howard Stern can go ballistic cuz he's white. Look at how NBC treated Nick Cannon.

fixed

Last edited:
Howard Stern can go ballistic cuz be's on a platform where they can't touch him.

Star from starandbucwild broke Sterns ratings briefly on hot 97 and power105, problem is when you're in a radio station, da politics of going animal on da mic rears its ugly head and people pull strings behind da scenes.

Charlemagne since his existence has always been diet Star, even at his most potent, cuz he will pipe down and play it straight with certain folks, Star never turned down, and Budden got da same potential to just go nuclear on that platform, plus he's also a Artist so he has that Noreaga drink champs perspective that CTG can't touch.

budden used to do radio at hot 97 briefly, so he's deceptively good at being a host.

on his podcast yes, on that Complex show despite what he amy THINK Complex is 100% a corporate company & if Joe pisses off the wrong people in the industry i could see complex getting him to cool out a lot.

Howard Stern can go ballistic cuz he's white. Look at how NBC treated Nick Cannon.

fixed
Nick Cannon left on his own, matter fact he jumped out da window from a bad rumor pumped up by TMZ and NBC tried to get him to change his mind 
laugh.gif

http://pagesix.com/2017/02/13/nick-cannons-facebook-outburst-shocks-nbc/

on his podcast yes, on that Complex show despite what he amy THINK Complex is 100% a corporate company & if Joe pisses off the wrong people in the industry i could see complex getting him to cool out a lot.
joe will quit before then he is self destructive

Anyone listen to the new Chris Lighty pod for this week

I'm not sure what I feel about him recording a phone conversation with Chris's sister in an effort to break the news to her.

Volume aside, the Teddy Riley and Ed Lover interview was dope

I forgot some of the songs he did, How You Like Me Now, Just Got Paid and My Prerogative

Like My Prerogative I think he also did It Takes Two and didn't get credit

Plus slept on songs by Hi Five

Teddy is top five and arguably the best rap/R&B producer

He needs a two or three hour joint like Combat used to do

Straight up put Schulzy on blast :lol:

But they did hint at something I've been thinking about lately. Between Schulz and Rory, I'm arguing that Rory is a better [white] co-host. :lol:

Only heard the first 15 minutes but Charlemagne is already on some

View media item 2444158

He diverts convos and makes strawman arguments so effortlessly. He's definitely a pro at being full of **** when he wants to be.

That was a great ep. Ctg doing a lot out there. The banter was pretty good too for the most part.

Rory > Alt right Andy all day.

respect to Joe for mentioning Elzhi :nthat:

and I agree with what Charlamagne said, the public does seem to make it's mind up about you. Because Cole gets a pass for mediocre works because they like him and he has a nice image.

and no Sean doesn't have better albums than Wale and Kendrick

and sometimes I wish Rory wouldn't discuss rap. He's like Schulz and race. You were 2 when Nas came out. How do you know what people felt? Use your generation as an example, say 50 cent didn't come out and wasn't dismissive of Nas. Nas was right on the heels of KRS and Rakim. It's a 20 year gap between Yachty and Tupac. It's not the same. Nas was born in to hip hop so Grand Master Flash, Busy Bee and Kurtis Blow were around and influences.

These kid don't have to be lyrical so they have no reason to study past greats.

I didn't even know he liked women, I thought LA Reid was gay :lol:

Joe made a good point about bringing Charlamagne's past, and he shouldn't be so quick to mentioning charges against Joe considering he was alleged to have done something but didn't.

This is the first time I think I ever heard Joe say he did something wrong or misspoke. Normally he just defends it. Charlamagne should have asked him so what did happen between you and Esther.

Last edited:
Volume aside, the Teddy Riley and Ed Lover interview was dope

I forgot some of the songs he did, How You Like Me Now, Just Got Paid and My Prerogative

Like My Prerogative I think he also did It Takes Two and didn't get credit

Plus slept on songs by Hi Five

Teddy is top five and arguably the best rap/R&B producer

He needs a two or three hour joint like Combat used to do

Where is the Teddy Riley Ed Lover interview?

Wish someone would've asked CTG about Tax. Especially since they mentioned it being "interesting" or something like that when Troy Ave went on the breakfast club. That would've been some good conversation.

I got through half of it so far and it was great. I'll finish tomorrow on my way to work.

I loved them shidding on Schulz but I feel Rory is Diet Schulz. As the show continues, I just hate hearing him tell jokes that only he laughs at. He might know his rap but I HATE when he talks about 90s rap and ANY R&B. When they were talking about New Edition months ago. I know he probably never heard more than two songs in his whole life. Don't front like you know this ****.

I liked a lot of what CTG had to say. He's smart but disrespectful, I'm a fan of that. Him and Joe are a lot alike. It was dope hearing him talk about Revolt and his other projects. CTG has come A LONG way. I enjoyed the Drake/SeanKendrick discussion. Drake is very generic and pop, Mal didn't like that but it's true. He makes watered down music for everyone. It was good hearing CTG be honest about it and not on his D.

Back
Top Bottom