The Combat Jack Show Thread

Solange ain't popular like that. Her sales and streams never been high. She's almost irrelevant.

SZA doesn't have enough material, she got two albums and only one came out in stores and was promoted and had singles. The first one was like a freebie online that did okay.

I'd say HER over Solange.

You could easily make an argument for Bruno Mars and The Weeknd. They might have a little pop to their sound but they're R&B and they're popular as **** and have been for years.

HER sold less than half of what Solange sold bruh :lol: so if she almost irrelevant....

HER sold less than half of what Solange sold bruh :lol: so if she almost irrelevant....

HER music is everywhere. All over social media, TV, radio and ****. Solange ain't out there like that. I know she just dropped that album last year and it was cool to root for the underdog but nah, she not out there.

Listening to Rory talk about R&B might give me a stroke. Stick to your hipster independent music that you love to play at the end of the show.

Frank Ocean being a king of R&B is comedy. This is why I don’t want to hear Rory or Parks talk about R&B.

Rory saying Chris Brown is one for him but said last year he doesn’t like Chris Brown. Then says CB started as a child, Usher was also a kid when his album dropped. I think he was younger than CB when both of their debut albums dropped.

Last edited:
HER music is everywhere. All over social media, TV, radio and ****. Solange ain't out there like that. I know she just dropped that album last year and it was cool to root for the underdog but nah, she not out there.

Yeah, she def out there and getting that push but the anonymity and ambiguous name seems to slightly hold her back on the actual awareness tip.

Solange not big “mainstream” but she bigger than you think. She one of the top dawgs in the artsy/alternative lane. Her last album did 70-80k first week. Coming off the Grammy, critical acclaim etc I could see her next one hitting the 100k mark depending on promo.

Tyrese right about R&B. That TGT album and Tyrese last album were both real R&B and both albums are fire.

Tory crying about Mal not praising him and saying he lost is so wack. I remember Mal saying he nicer than he thought but not better than Joyner. People today gotta stop acting like if you don’t agree or say you’re the best, it’s a diss. FOH

Right now there is no king of R&B. It's like when ES was debating 69 or Cardi for king of NY.
I'm with whoever said as long as Jay is still around he's the King of NY.

King of R&B i dunno. The real R&B folks don't get the attention they deserve and the current ones are letting the game go trying to be street.

I knew Joe was gonna show Rico Love some love. That album is hard, this song is cold as ****. Love this joint.

NT been telling me for years to play Jacquees. He seem okay but too nasally and too much autotune but I'm a play this latest album of his.

Did he say he was a 10 pound baby on the intro? Son is 4'11, FOH.

Last edited:
Meh. I wouldn’t call that pressure. Tory a loud mouth. Anyone can raise their voice over the phone. Mal would’ve been out of character if he was yelling back.

Joe came back on one

The r&b coke nose theory :lol:

Runnin around threatening Cyn with the pill. :lol:

Tory answered the phone with smoke, he might be confusing Joes shows and thinks Mal is Jinx. :lol:

Yeah Tory gotta shut the **** up. Nobody knows your music, you’re kinda like Jacquees. Just redoing other people songs. Can sing but not with the best. Can rap but not with the best.

I’m so disgusted Jacques said that nonsense.

Does King mean someone currently killing it right now? Or someone who has had a great run with longevity and quality?

Either way I have to give it to Kellz or Usher.

I guess Bruno is R&B but in my eyes he’s more of a pop star.

This is no king of mine :sick:

Last edited:

Does King mean someone currently killing it right now? Or someone who has had a great run with longevity and quality?

tenor.gif

Play this and see how you act

mytmouse76 mytmouse76 what about your boy J Holiday? Is he valet now?

I played that Jacquees album. It wasn't good. Weak *** voice, weak lyrics. Too much singing rapping for me. Trey Songz kinda made a similar album but better. "11" sounds just like it but more polished.

I played that Jacquees album. It wasn't good. Weak *** voice, weak lyrics. Too much singing rapping for me. Trey Songz kinda made a similar album but better. "11" sounds just like it but more polished.

I saw comments on the video and couldn’t even bring myself to hit play. |l Broke my heart to read that. Still a fan of two of the three albums he dropped.

Back
Top Bottom