The Combat Jack Show Thread

Tosh.0 still gets a lil bit of play for me, I'll download some clips from YT every now and again

I know Most in here don’t rock with brilliant idiots but man CTG is going all the way in on Wendy Williams husband ... he really hate dude / it’s personal.

Saying A LOT
I'm at the Jussie situation part of today's episode. Ehhhh idk if I'll keep keep listening. Especially after their stupid takes on the Cardi B situation

I had that convo with a friend a while back, Joe does think he’s the gatekeeper of mental health. He’s always quick to say who can and can’t say they are mentally ill. just because he suffered from it... doesn’t make him an authority of it.

He's one of those people who thinks he is smarter than he is and debates just to debate, no matter how he sounds. He probably doesn't even know what his point is half the time. He was just talking in circles. It just ends up frustrating you and you give up, because he's not going to concede. He's not even trying to listen to your side or point.

Ja Rule was a rapper, who happen to make some crossover songs.

J Lo was a pop singer, but those songs in essence aren't pop. Replace J Lo with anyone else and nobody would think those are pop songs. Ja Rule and Lil Mo, not pop. Ja Rule and Ashanti, not pop.

I feel like we changing the meaning of what pop is. Pop is usually attributed to anything upbeat and happy sounding. Its also used to describe the reach of the music.

I feel like we changing the meaning of what pop is. Pop is usually attributed to anything upbeat and happy sounding. Its also used to describe the reach of the music.

No, because black music has been doing that for decades and it wasn't considered pop

I don't think there was ever either a legitimate (read as not racist) reason or there was never an actual definition separating it from "popular" music

Also we didn't set these rules for what goes in what genre. White people basically separate it on paper based on race. Like @wavycrocket was saying, Travis and Post Malone basically make the same music but Post Malone get the advantage of being in the rapper lane and the pop lane.

It's the same **** MTV did back in the day when they refused to play black artist vidoes and the excuse they gave was their music wasn't "pop" or "rock" enough and Prince and Rick James was making music that was very rock/pop influenced.

Also we didn't set these rules for what goes in what genre. White people basically separate it on paper based on race. Like @wavycrocket was saying, Travis and Post Malone basically make the same music but Post Malone get the advantage of being in the rapper lane and the pop lane.

It's the same **** MTV did back in the day when they refused to play black artist vidoes and the excuse they gave was their music wasn't "pop" or "rock" enough and Prince and Rick James was making music that was very rock/pop influenced.

I feel you but Travis and Post don't make the same music :lol:

I'm at the Jussie situation part of today's episode. Ehhhh idk if I'll keep keep listening. Especially after their stupid takes on the Cardi B situation

Worth the listen . Talks on why they originally fell out which was basically because Wendy husband was salty that his side chick wanted to smash wax :rofl:

The sidechick been around for like 15 years

Joe and Co. have never sounded as lame as they did discussing Cardi.

They sounded like they were begging someone to come forward. Rory asked the only relevant question.

Joe has a habit of making good points clouded with yelling, diverging from his original point, and arguing things nobody didn't comment on from the jump

He had a point with the mental health thing. He was moreso speaking on the rollout around it instead of the music. It is becoming a took to use to garner audience sympathy .However Mal was right too in the sense that you can't right it off

Also. The Jlo thing. All he had to say it's only considered pop if white people say it is . Otherwise it's urban. Instead they went on a too long back and forth. Even so he had a point but I think both sides can argue on whether Jlo was pop or not

Back
Top Bottom