The Combat Jack Show Thread

Who exactly is looking at Joe Budden and taking all he says as facts tho? Joe is no more cancerous than your local news anchor at this point. Ya'll are really taking this "power of a platform" thing a bit TOO far now. the chances of someone changing their minds on vaccinations due to a minute from Joe Budden is highly unlikely. No matter which way you lean on that subject you are taking in information that better fits your narrative.

None of us have the real information available to us, with that said Knowing ALL of the **** the medical industry does and how they will literally allow people to die for profit... ya''ll are really up in arms that he QUESTIONS Vaccines?

Who exactly is looking at Joe Budden and taking all he says as facts tho? Joe is no more cancerous than your local news anchor at this point. Ya'll are really taking this "power of a platform" thing a bit TOO far now. the chances of someone changing their minds on vaccinations due to a minute from Joe Budden is highly unlikely. No matter which way you lean on that subject you are taking in information that better fits your narrative.

None of us have the real information available to us, with that said Knowing ALL of the **** the medical industry does and how they will literally allow people to die for profit... ya''ll are really up in arms that he QUESTIONS Vaccines?

I think you're giving the dummies of the world far too much credit here.

The 10 or so of us who listen here are a speck compared to the hundred of thousands who listen every week.

I'm not up in arms. I don't really care, it's just disappointing to know that some of the ignorant **** that's said is reinforcing some of the ignorant beliefs some people already have.

I got no problem with questioning vaccines...but you know the logic is always flawed with those people.

It is what it is, though. There are a lot of stubbon ill-informed people out there. I just hate the reminders of that.

Saying he's no more cancerous than your local news anchor makes more of a point that Joe needs to be careful what he says on his platform.
You gotta relax

Look man in this day & age, if someone is taking Joe Budden at face value on a topic like Vaccinations.... THEY are the cancer.

I keep saying this over & over in this thread, but this is a podcast that is based off four friends kickin it & joking around. Literally every episode they joke about how they don't research **** and somehow people are still expecting them to be poor righteous teachers or something :lol:.

Outside of Joe, just in terms of content alone... people have got to stop acting as if these platforms are more then what they are. At this point emphasis has to be put on individuals to fact check things or study on their own.

Just because we know people who don't take Joe serious doesn't mean nobody does.
I come in hear voice a reaction that equates the same frustration as a jar of grape jelly being hard to open and you get in here and act like I dropped a 4 page letter calling Joe the antichrist and blaming him for the troubles in the world.

Don't extrapolate any complaints I made past the plain English I put them in. Joe trying to link vaccines to autism is a cancerous act. Whether he convinces 10 people or 100,000 people that there is something there doesn't change how harmful that line of thinking is.

Joe has some level on influence, no matter how much you wanna downplay it. They frequently talk about the positive impact people share with them on the road and how many people thank them for the podcast, so let's not act like it's just 4 guys in a room shootin' the s***. It's 4 guys in a room shootin' the s*** on microphones and cameras with the intent on reaching as many people as possible on two media sharing sites (Spotify & YouTube) getting hundreds of thousands of views and listens each week. Joe and everybody on that show has to be careful what they say as if it's fact because there are real world consequences to giving people misinformation.

Just because we know people who don't take Joe serious doesn't mean nobody does.
I come in hear voice a reaction that equates the same frustration as a jar of grape jelly being hard to open and you get in here and act like I dropped a 4 page letter calling Joe the antichrist and blaming him for the troubles in the world.

Don't extrapolate any complaints I made past the plain English I put them in. Joe trying to link vaccines to autism is a cancerous act. Whether he convinces 10 people or 100,000 people that there is something there doesn't change how harmful that line of thinking is.

Joe has some level on influence, no matter how much you wanna downplay it. They frequently talk about the positive impact people share with them on the road and how many people thank them for the podcast, so let's not act like it's just 4 guys in a room shootin' the s***. It's 4 guys in a room shootin' the s*** on microphones and cameras with the intent on reaching as many people as possible on two media sharing sites (Spotify & YouTube) getting hundreds of thousands of views and listens each week. Joe and everybody on that show has to be careful what they say as if it's fact because there are real world consequences to giving people misinformation.

Again Joe and anyone on that show are sharing OPINIONS.... it is on the people listening to fact check instead of just running with it because they heard it on a podcast.

Again Joe and anyone on that show are sharing OPINIONS.... it is on the people listening to fact check instead of just running with it because they heard it on a podcast.

In a perfect world that is the way things WOULD be, but if these last couple of years have proven anything people do not fact check as much as they should

In a perfect world that is the way things WOULD be, but if these last couple of years have proven anything people do not fact check as much as they should

I get that but a big part of that is because there hasn't been enough emphasis on people doing their own research (i don't think that's by mistake btw). My thing is that the accountability has to be shifted towards the individual moreso the platform. especially when the platform wasn't intended to be a platform on serious topics. The only thing i do give Joe blame for giving "misinformation" is when it's things such as music contracts/ streaming splits etc etc because that is the subject that most people view him as an "insider" on. the rest of it while i get ya point, we gotta start asking that people stop believing anyone with a few views at face value.

the rest of it while i get ya point, we gotta start asking that people stop believing anyone with a few views at face value.

Who says that I only place the responsibility on Joe? It's not Joe's fault that somebody may follow him and make a fatal decision based on his opinion but he does need to understand that what he says may influence some people. Giving bad music advice or insider info is much less impactful than hinting that giving your child vaccines may lead to autism.

If he doesn't want to be held to that high of a standard of responsibility then he needs to go back to having those conversations privately

Nah I disagree bro

Saying Kawhi late pops is a criminal and got sent up the road ain't a opinion

This _ supposed to be a "journalist" :rolleyes

This is where things start getting congested... under NO CIRCUMSTANCE is Joe Budden a journalist nor has he or the people behind his platform tried to paint him out as being a Journalist. Dude is a guy with a following who shares his opinions publicly, not to mention that weekly they literally say things like "we don't research ****".

I guess this is where my issue stands, people are turning anyone who has a following into something more than they asked to be. Joe never asked to be held in the context of a news reporter, yet people are holding his platform to the standard of one simply because a lot of people hear/see his opinions. people have got to be able to differentiate between someone entertaining & "reporting".

I'm holding Joe to the standard of what he has shown to be, an entertaining ***** who speaks on pop culture & someone who should not be sourced as a beacon of facts.

This is where things start getting congested... under NO CIRCUMSTANCE is Joe Budden a journalist nor has he or the people behind his platform tried to paint him out as being a Journalist. Dude is a guy with a following who shares his opinions publicly, not to mention that weekly they literally say things like "we don't research ****".

I guess this is where my issue stands, people are turning anyone who has a following into something more than they asked to be. Joe never asked to be held in the context of a news reporter, yet people are holding his platform to the standard of one simply because a lot of people hear/see his opinions. people have got to be able to differentiate between someone entertaining & "reporting".

I'm holding Joe to the standard of what he has shown to be, an entertaining ***** who speaks on pop culture & someone who should not be sourced as a beacon of facts.

Bruh has referred to himself as a “journalist” and/or working in journalism a few times bro

On Everyday Struggle he said him and AK were the “mumble rappers of journalism” and said some similar stuff in a interview

Joe, Vlad, Charlemagne etc are all a part of the new world of “hip hop journalism”

Edit: “journalist beef” huh :lol:

Screenshot_2019-06-19-18-30-50.png

https://mtonews.com/joe-budden-admits-to-faking-cyn-santana-breakup-for-love-hip-hop
:emoji_thinking:

I don’t see what they would gain from faking anything. I would think Joe is above that. It can’t be for that song she dropped.

Plus I would be tight seeing my man pretend to be all excited about being single and his boys hyping him up knowing it’s fake.

Anything is possible but I don’t see what Joe would gain from this. He barely wanted to do the show.

Back
Top Bottom