The Combat Jack Show Thread

Rozay definitely got caught slippin with Freeway Rick getting out. :lol: He took his birth name. I understand why Freeway Rick is pissed.

Then John Singleton (rip) took his whole life story for the show Snowfall and ain't compensate him at all. He been getting played by people.

Greselda Blanco lived a crazy *** life. She was basically the female scarface. Crazy as ****. She had one of her husband's killed. Then she was supplying a brotha in Oakland cuz he was going up to the jail she was dropping the **** off in her. Then she tried to have him killed for a sec cuz he cheated on her, then let him live. I think all her son's got killed except for him. His birth is Michael Corleone Blanco. :lol:

I wonder when it was recorded and if he asked him about John Singleton and Snowfall, because I was waiting for that question.

Thanks, I tend to ignore Vlad's interviews in my feed.

I saw he just re-posted an interview with the white rapper who was killed recently. He has to get those clicks. :smh:

Offered him a consulting job and gave him the wrong number. :smh:

Joe and nem Rozay convo was interesting. Whatever label he's signed to they should know Ross don't make whats trendy now. He ain't doing the singalong/silly internet dance music. He's not a single artist at this point. He been that for YEARS. He's basically a legacy rapper now. He's a album artist.

Always looked at Ross as like the Scarface of his generation. Not the most popular, don't sell the most but his catalog is just as good if not better then everybody's and he can rap or outrap most of 'em. Scarface was signed to rap-a-lot though. J Prince ain't give a damn about radio hits, they knew who their audience was.

This freaky tales segment me dying

deadmanny.png

Wallo and Gillie starting with the off the wall topic. :lol:

"I played handball all the time, I used to shake the dice erryday in prison"

CsL1W.png

So who else on the show will listen to Chris' project beside Joe.

Predictions

Parks - didn't have time
Rory - I listened to some of it
Mal - didn't have time

When they say they didn't have time, it's actually valid with Chris.

Not sure if I'm eager to listen to them talk about a Chris Brown album for 30 minutes.

Joe and nem Rozay convo was interesting. Whatever label he's signed to they should know Ross don't make whats trendy now. He ain't doing the singalong/silly internet dance music. He's not a single artist at this point. He been that for YEARS. He's basically a legacy rapper now. He's a album artist.

Always looked at Ross as like the Scarface of his generation. Not the most popular, don't sell the most but his catalog is just as good if not better then everybody's and he can rap or outrap most of 'em. Scarface was signed to rap-a-lot though. J Prince ain't give a damn about radio hits, they knew who their audience was.

I don't understand why Ross is on a major. But I'm sure he keeps getting a bag and he seems to have good relationships.

That intro track lends further proof that PND is a **** singer

I like it better when he plays old stuff.

I'll check Chris album out, probably won't do my normal track by track rating but I'll play it a bit around the house this weekend. Got some grilling to do so I have time

Fam, those guidelines to maximizing sales for his fans is nasty.

***** telling his fans cop the album, but get a free trial to a streaming service and stream there too, and hashtag this, and make sure you only get one album per receipt.

Get this ***** the **** out of here with his 80 track albums, please. Not quite sure why this gets a pass.

Fam, those guidelines to maximizing sales for his fans is nasty.

***** telling his fans cop the album, but get a free trial to a streaming service and stream there too, and hashtag this, and make sure you only get one album per receipt.

Get this ***** the **** out of here with his 80 track albums, please. Not quite sure why this gets a pass.
Yeah it's wack but it fits who he is

Schulz :smh:

Re: Streaming numbers...I remember Big U was on Vlad and said that we are in the generation where a song can be #1 and no one knows it. Truer words were never spoken.

I always smh when I hear stuff like "___ has more sales/#1 songs/etc. than Michael Jackson (or insert other legendary artist)". 40 years later people who aren't even MJ listeners know most of Thriller...compared to the Billboard charting stuff nowadays that is forgotten in the blink of an eye.

This is why these streaming records mean nothing to me.

Nicki did this. Drake did that.

It's baseball during the steroid era. You can't honestly think your hits are on the same level of Aretha Franklin.

You're doing anything possible to try and cheat the system.
These so called "hit songs" come and go so fast now. The industry really wanted us to believe that Juice World song with the Sting sample was some super duper mega hit. :lol:

Man they on point about Nipsey's parents. :lol:

His mother kept telling him

"talk into the mic they can't hear"

Pops was like "Do you and let me do me"

Last edited:
Schulz :smh:

Re: Streaming numbers...I remember Big U was on Vlad and said that we are in the generation where a song can be #1 and no one knows it. Truer words were never spoken.

I always smh when I hear stuff like "___ has more sales/#1 songs/etc. than Michael Jackson (or insert other legendary artist)". 40 years later people who aren't even MJ listeners know most of Thriller...compared to the Billboard charting stuff nowadays that is forgotten in the blink of an eye.
There were tons of number 1s in the past from artists that are completely forgotten. Since people now don't have to limit their music exposure to the radio, people can actually choose the music they want instead of being force fed the same stuff. Which means just because you never heard a song, doesn't mean a huge part of the population isn't playing it through their headphones right next to you. The real measure of an artist's reach are their tours, you can't fake people coming out to listen to an artist and packing stadiums on back to back nights across the globe like some of the top acts (Ariana, Beyonce, Drake, Cole, etc), and these acts tend to coincide with topping sales records as well.

Back
Top Bottom