The Combat Jack Show Thread

Gillie and Wallo was having a great convo about at what age should aspiring rappers give it. I started thinking Conway, West and Benny. All of them are 34-38. If they stopped at 27-31 and said "I gotta get a real job" who knows where they would be. Or 2Chainz or Rozay.

Nah I disagree bro

Saying Kawhi late pops is a criminal and got sent up the road ain't a opinion

This _ supposed to be a "journalist" :rolleyes

The **** they're wrong about literally takes seconds to search, ain't no excuse for that. You can still be a joking podcast and get serious facts correct. :lol:

Mal really thought Lil Kim was 16 on her album cover, like that's sparking a whole different issue saying that like it's a fact and I don't think they ever corrected that. :lol:

Just because we know people who don't take Joe serious doesn't mean nobody does.
I come in hear voice a reaction that equates the same frustration as a jar of grape jelly being hard to open and you get in here and act like I dropped a 4 page letter calling Joe the antichrist and blaming him for the troubles in the world.

Don't extrapolate any complaints I made past the plain English I put them in. Joe trying to link vaccines to autism is a cancerous act. Whether he convinces 10 people or 100,000 people that there is something there doesn't change how harmful that line of thinking is.

Joe has some level on influence, no matter how much you wanna downplay it. They frequently talk about the positive impact people share with them on the road and how many people thank them for the podcast, so let's not act like it's just 4 guys in a room shootin' the s***. It's 4 guys in a room shootin' the s*** on microphones and cameras with the intent on reaching as many people as possible on two media sharing sites (Spotify & YouTube) getting hundreds of thousands of views and listens each week. Joe and everybody on that show has to be careful what they say as if it's fact because there are real world consequences to giving people misinformation.

He got over 500k viewers every episode, he got influence at some level. With that said people should question vaccines, especially if you black. They have mercury in them. Do your own research and do whatever makes you feel comfortable. As a black man I'm questioning anything this government tells us is "good for us". I'm sure it was people saying the Tuskegee experiments was just "conspiracy talk"

Last edited:
This is where things start getting congested... under NO CIRCUMSTANCE is Joe Budden a journalist nor has he or the people behind his platform tried to paint him out as being a Journalist. Dude is a guy with a following who shares his opinions publicly, not to mention that weekly they literally say things like "we don't research ****".

I guess this is where my issue stands, people are turning anyone who has a following into something more than they asked to be. Joe never asked to be held in the context of a news reporter, yet people are holding his platform to the standard of one simply because a lot of people hear/see his opinions. people have got to be able to differentiate between someone entertaining & "reporting".

I'm holding Joe to the standard of what he has shown to be, an entertaining ***** who speaks on pop culture & someone who should not be sourced as a beacon of facts.

Just because Joe doesn't fit in that mold of a traditional "journalist" doesn't mean he isn't one. The same way some of the younger rappers will say they aren't a rapper even tho they are exactly that.

He got over 500k viewers every episode, he got influence at some level. With that said people should question vaccines, especially if you black. They have mercury in them. Do your own research and do whatever makes you feel comfortable. As a black man I'm questioning anything this government tells us is "good for us". I'm sure it was people saying the Tuskegee experiments was just "conspiracy talk"

There's nothing wrong with questioning everything but there comes a point where you begin questioning things that have been proven but won't give in because you've been lied to before. And again, people SHOULD fact check and research things but they don't.

Might just be me but this Ferg interview is DRY
not because they not talkin' but it's just a bland conversation

They're back

Rory said probably the funniest thing he's ever said. Radio being a sex symbol. :rofl:

Why do some people(Rory and Mal) talk about Ross like he's not in the business of selling records? When Jeezy slipped and wasn't a platinum seller anymore Gucci/Ross fans let everyone know it. Ross has never been a platinum seller. Yes, he makes good albums, but they don't sell a lot. Singles help albums sells, because one or two songs bring up the overall album. He's on a major, not an indie. They want their money back.

They're back

Rory said probably the funniest thing he's ever said. Radio being a sex symbol. :rofl:

Why do some people(Rory and Mal) talk about Ross like he's not in the business of selling records? When Jeezy slipped and wasn't a platinum seller anymore Gucci/Ross fans let everyone know it. Ross has never been a platinum seller. Yes, he makes good albums, but they don't sell a lot. Singles help albums sells, because one or two songs bring up the overall album. He's on a major, not an indie. They want their money back.
FAM I was cryinnnnnng when he said Radio :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Rory % went up with that one.

On Drink Champs they had one of Griselda Blanco's sons along with Rick Ross from the show Cartel Crew which I never heard of until the show. He made some interesting comments about Griselda Records, which I understand.

That Biggs ep was recorded months ago. It reminded me about OG on HBO with Jeffrey Wright which I went back after Euphoria last night and started watching.

Gillie and Wallo was having a great convo about at what age should aspiring rappers give it. I started thinking Conway, West and Benny. All of them are 34-38. If they stopped at 27-31 and said "I gotta get a real job" who knows where they would be. Or 2Chainz or Rozay.

That was interesting.

First thing I thought of when Wallo said that was West, Conway and 38.

I think a lot of these guys aren't good and they use the term rapper locally for chicks and clout.

I remember when Nelly used to lie about his age.

What did he say about Griselda Records?

The same way Rick Ross feels. He feels a type of way about them using his moms name. I'm pretty sure he said he tried to reach out and got the run around. He said if he was younger it would have been different. Pretty much, I'll let them live, because I've matured.

Nore did a good job playing devils advocate over that and Rick Ross, saying dudes don't know how to respond, because then you get in to extortion. Rick Ross was saying they get bad advice.

Nore was saying he reached out to Noreaga's family, mainly to put in a video :lol: but to say he meant no disrespect and he was saying it was one of the reasons he started using Nore.

And that dudes were using names like Gabino before who didn't even like us, so they find it more appropriate using our names.

I didn't know two of her sons were killed before she was.

Honestly I see both sides.

Because I know dudes calling themselves Lil Tookie, Young Larry Hoover or Lil Meech wouldn't fly, and people wouldn't allow it.

Last edited:
The same way Rick Ross feels. He feels a type of way about them using his moms name. I'm pretty sure he said he tried to reach out and got the run around. He said if he was younger it would have been different. Pretty much, I'll let them live, because I've matured.

Nore did a good job playing devils advocate over that and Rick Ross, saying dudes don't know how to respond, because then you get in to extortion. Rick Ross was saying they get bad advice.

Nore was saying he reached out to Noreaga's family, mainly to put in a video :lol: but to say he meant no disrespect and he was saying it was one of the reasons he started using Nore.

And that dudes were using names like Gabino before who didn't even like us, so they find it more appropriate using our names.

Because I know dudes calling themselves Lil Tookie, Young Larry Hoover or Lil Meech wouldn't fly, and people wouldn't allow it.
Oh ok I figured it was the whole name thing. I just got confused cause you wrote Rick Ross from the Cartel show and thought you were talking about somebody else.

Gillie and Wallo :rofl:

Taking out the baby oil

That's for special occasions
Well isn't this a special occasion :rofl:

Walking around the yard listening to a sex tape is wild :lol:

Wait Rick Ross has an issue with them using a former famous drug dealer's name?

Rozay definitely got caught slippin with Freeway Rick getting out. :lol: He took his birth name. I understand why Freeway Rick is pissed.

Then John Singleton (rip) took his whole life story for the show Snowfall and ain't compensate him at all. He been getting played by people.

Greselda Blanco lived a crazy *** life. She was basically the female scarface. Crazy as ****. She had one of her husband's killed. Then she was supplying a brotha in Oakland cuz he was going up to the jail she was dropping the **** off in her. Then she tried to have him killed for a sec cuz he cheated on her, then let him live. I think all her son's got killed except for him. His birth is Michael Corleone Blanco. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom