The Combat Jack Show Thread

If we go by Tours, Ed Sheeran is the biggest artist, if we go by album sales, Adele is the biggest artist

There were tons of number 1s in the past from artists that are completely forgotten. Since people now don't have to limit their music exposure to the radio, people can actually choose the music they want instead of being force fed the same stuff. Which means just because you never heard a song, doesn't mean a huge part of the population isn't playing it through their headphones right next to you. The real measure of an artist's reach are their tours, you can't fake people coming out to listen to an artist and packing stadiums on back to back nights across the globe like some of the top acts (Ariana, Beyonce, Drake, Cole, etc), and these acts tend to coincide with topping sales records as well.

This dude gon slurp Chris Brown generic *** every episode. He turning me into a hater. :lol:

That Chris Brown/Justin Beiber record he played last episode sounded so industry now he saying "Chris takes owership of his problems!!" with these bland lyrics.

Also, of course Joe, who's was against long albums, instantly loves Chris's joint before it even releases.

Last edited:
Joe is trying so hard to get a Pull Up with Chris. I gave the album a chance, barely made it to the Drake track.

Fam, those guidelines to maximizing sales for his fans is nasty.

***** telling his fans cop the album, but get a free trial to a streaming service and stream there too, and hashtag this, and make sure you only get one album per receipt.

Get this ***** the **** out of here with his 80 track albums, please. Not quite sure why this gets a pass.

Nah i'm with all artist doing this.. if the labels are gonna abuse the system why wouldn't the artist do it for their own benefit. If you have a fanbase willing to do all that for you (he does) why wouldn't you try & cheat the system

Agreed. The labels aren’t playing fair by any means. The artists might as well get involved in manipulating the game that’s manipulated them/capitalized off of them for so long.

If he figured out how to ask them to do that without asking them verbatim it would just be less nasty
It's little different than selling ya album with some miscellaneous items

The direct dollar value of a stream for an artist is a joke. A sick and twisted joke
Billion streams and you get a check for $1.5k

Doesn’t son own his masters?

That means he gets a bigger cut of the split, right?

Idk how that stuff works.

Nah i'm with all artist doing this.. if the labels are gonna abuse the system why wouldn't the artist do it for their own benefit. If you have a fanbase willing to do all that for you (he does) why wouldn't you try & cheat the system

Agreed. The labels aren’t playing fair by any means. The artists might as well get involved in manipulating the game that’s manipulated them/capitalized off of them for so long.

When you put it this way, y'all are right. It's to manipulation to counteract manipulation. I guess my issue really lies with the labels and streaming services manipulating numbers and shielding actual figures from the public to keep stealing money from artists.

I'm conflicted. I respect it in the sense that it's the artists taking more control and being conscious of how things are being run not to benefit the artist, but it puts fans in a precarious situation...but if they're cool with it who gives a hell what I think. Maybe I just don't like how some talented artists still have to use gimmicks to get the money and numbers they deserve.

Seriously though, what is the value of a stream?

Seriously though, what is the value of a stream?
Honestly, it's immeasurable.
A stream isn't just a person listening to a song, it's John Doe played Chris Brown Waddle Up at 4pm in Topeka, KS on 6/28/2019, then played Drake Diplomatic Immunity at 4:04pm in Topeka, KS and so on. Data mining is such a deep DEEP practice and at face value it's limited but when you start looking at the information around it it's crazy. Streaming numbers can help a label know what cities and states listen to an artist more than others as well as which related artists would be a good match to tour or collab with.

Crazy that I never really thought of the data mining aspect of it, but that's the biggest deal...as it seems is the case in every area in society now. They're making money hand over fist in side deals, and still lying about streaming numbers.

Damn.

Which is why companies like Facebook can get away with the ish they do, we have NO IDEA what kind of info they are collecting in these apps. Always listening, always tracking, always recording always learning and we don't even have a genuine understanding of everything they are collecting so we are living on a prayer of good intentions

You all trippin on your ex if you find out she’s catching the beats a month after you two break up?

Back
Top Bottom