The Combat Jack Show Thread

From the sound of it it looks like Joe went back and listened and got feedback to that last pod. I didn't finish it. Mal seemed like he was in his feelings and Rory was pressing like athletes do in a game and trying to do too much. I am valuable, I can make you guys laugh.

So they didn't show up, because they were upset again?

Some stuff. They got have gotten the footage and created their own YouTube page and done something with it? And Rory just said forget it? They could have developed or brought pods to the table, and they didn't, but want ownership?

Ak definitely provoked this and people got in Rory's ear. It's like after the fact, he wanted partnership. And Joe is nasty with the Ak stuff. Him and Charlamagne called a truce. Joe should have facilitated that. Rory shouldn't have needed to say anything. But going to his house is some psychotic stuff.

When you ask to see the books, that does look a type of way to your friend.

Parks did sound nasty.

I would feel a type of way if someone brought up fighting and someone wanted to fight you and you didn't want to, and I stopped it.

Not sure if you guys remember it, but a few years ago Rory did have a black eye.

bottom line we learned what many of us knew already, it was Joe's **** and they were employees.

Ak going hard at Rory is completely justifiable too. Don’t show up to my house to make threats. Dude clearly didn’t think that one through. :smh:

It would be wild if Akademiks really played a hand in son losing his fiancé.

I used to be legitimately baffled by Ak, but the more and more I see the power and influence of the internet... I completely get it. Dude is like a god to some of his viewership.

Last edited:
Ak going hard at Rory is completely justifiable too. Don’t show up to my house to make no threats. Dude clearly didn’t think that one through. :smh:

It would be wild if Akademiks really played a hand in son losing his fiancé.

I used to be legitimately baffled by Ak, but the more and more I see the power and influence of the internet... I completely get it. Dude is like a god to some of his viewership.

If it's that serious and he's getting to you like that, you need to squash it or be honest with Joe before it gets to that point of you snapping.

Let Ak feel he won, you're 30 now, take that L. Doing that is crazy. And that seems too random for Ak to just make up.

Maybe he thought he could just punk him and scare him, still, not a good look.

Ak a whole supervillian man. You don't want him to win but you know you gon see that dude again.

He controls legions of basically faceless dudes/ kids.

Homie knows his audience and he feeds into them and what they want like crazy. He seems well compensated for that.

Been listening to this full pod and this is super nasty :lol:

Rory wanting to know the spotify deal 2 years after the fact :sick:

Parks is in full on employer mode :lol: I use to want Parks to talk a bit more in some topics but fam is real yuck in these lighter topics. But if this is how he really feels and he aint just on his knees then he should speak like that when Mal and Rory was in the room.

Always felt one opinion missing when they came back was Parks take and how he feels about being informed or not about pod/business decisions.

It is glaring how Rory and Mal don't want to do anything on entrepreneur front.

The “break” probably helped joe realize he didn’t need them for the pod as much as he thought.

Ish and Ice filled in and it was actually interesting because they talked. They werent too cool for everything like Mal or dorky like Rory

Just sucks for Mal and Rory that bag was there from Spotify and probably a few other places and they didn’t take it

1620883122352.png

Only way this works is if he drops the Ice and Ish joints for free. Ain't no one tryna hear Parks slob dude :lol:

My partner and I are real friends. We might've recorded like 3 times this year (****** is legit busy) but we talk everyday, same with thekillerj23 thekillerj23 .

It's hard to speak on it from a pod perspective but from a business perspective I can say this. A long time ago I sat down with a non-black who said that partnerships never work for black people because we only equate ownership with how much money someone puts up.

3 dudes could open a restaurant, 1 dude has money, one dude has 10 years experience managing restaurants and the other dude has maybe less money but is down to do whatever (and he does just that, hell maybe he promotes crazy and gets your restaurant popping in less than 6 months). Realistically the dude with money may think "this my ****", but in truth he might've done the least work (I can't say that for Joe of course). Ultimately the partnership fails because dudes fail to realize we each brought equal parts to the table. We needed the money, we needed the promo, and we needed the business.

People always wanna be "the big boss" when in truth we could all eat together fine.

As for podding man my homie and I never had to talk splits, but say someone came in and took us to another level I wouldn't discount their work and yeah I'd be open to giving them their credit and ownership.

I'm very far left leaning tho and I have very lil desire to be "the big boss", I wanna do what I'm good and see my ****** win..that's more than enough for me.

Like it's been said before, Joe made millions, Mal prolly made millions, parks made millions, Rory would tell you if he wasn't in his feelings.
In your example Joe is the only one wearing all 3 hats tho :lol: He has the most money, the largest social media following, and has had a podcast before that term was even coined.

He tried to get them to build their brands (Mal separate dating/sports/fashion pods; Rory - Barstool opportunity/YT channel), they refused.

It’d be very hard for me to give dudes like that any equity. Instead I give you a big salary (allegedly) and now you wanna audit me? :lol:

yeah I get it . BI isn’t the podcast of choice in here ….. I’ll still be in here reporting the jokes tomorrow morning 😂😂😂

I’ll be checking it with you, Alt Right Andy has been asking to get AK on the pod, flagrant or BI, AK off the Henny, it will be comedy if that happens.

CTG taking shots with his whole, you’re my friend and I value you. During the whole spotify deal when Joe was ranting I can’t reup knowing my friends aren’t good, I value my friends

I haven’t listened fully but it felt like Parks was just fed up with the situation. Haven’t heard him this eager to talk as much before.

Joe had to cut him off a few times, because he wanted to go in to detail

I think this might hit Mal a little harder financially, but I don’t think Rory really give a **** in the long term. He seems like he’s trying to go more into artist management and A&R.

But they hypothetically could start something up and get a little following quick. They just need to not be scared of topics, and have a moderator type who can carry the transitions.

That's why Ish and Ice are better, because they balance it out, instead of all three of them coddling artist

My partner and I are real friends. We might've recorded like 3 times this year (****** is legit busy) but we talk everyday, same with thekillerj23 thekillerj23 .

It's hard to speak on it from a pod perspective but from a business perspective I can say this. A long time ago I sat down with a non-black who said that partnerships never work for black people because we only equate ownership with how much money someone puts up.

3 dudes could open a restaurant, 1 dude has money, one dude has 10 years experience managing restaurants and the other dude has maybe less money but is down to do whatever (and he does just that, hell maybe he promotes crazy and gets your restaurant popping in less than 6 months). Realistically the dude with money may think "this my ****", but in truth he might've done the least work (I can't say that for Joe of course). Ultimately the partnership fails because dudes fail to realize we each brought equal parts to the table. We needed the money, we needed the promo, and we needed the business.

People always wanna be "the big boss" when in truth we could all eat together fine.

As for podding man my homie and I never had to talk splits, but say someone came in and took us to another level I wouldn't discount their work and yeah I'd be open to giving them their credit and ownership.

I'm very far left leaning tho and I have very lil desire to be "the big boss", I wanna do what I'm good and see my ****** win..that's more than enough for me.

Like it's been said before, Joe made millions, Mal prolly made millions, parks made millions, Rory would tell you if he wasn't in his feelings.

I definitely feel that 1000%. I franchised an insurance company and paid 25k out of pocket as a down payment.
My business partner didn't bring a dime to the table, but we break bread cause we work well together and both have tools that equal success.
But in this case, what did Rory and Mal bring to the table?
Joe did everything. At this point, the only thing I can say is that they were tenured employees.
They were eating from showing up 2 days out of the week. They got too big for their britches and lost an easy bag.
Sometimes, it's best to just keep your mouth shut and play your part.

I definitely feel that 1000%. I franchised an insurance company and paid 25k out of pocket as a down payment.
My business partner didn't bring a dime to the table, but we break bread cause we work well together and both have tools that equal success.
But in this case, what did Rory and Mal bring to the table?
Joe did everything. At this point, the only thing I can say is that they were tenured employees.
They were eating from showing up 2 days out of the week. They got too big for their britches and lost an easy bag.
Sometimes, it's best to just keep your mouth shut and play your part.

Exactly, it's not so much a "Black" thing, but if you aren't bringing anything to the table AND didn't put any money up, what equity should you be getting if I'm doing the majority of the work?

Them not wanting stuff of their own reminds me of the comments 50 made about Lloyd Banks, he liked rapping and really didn't care about the business side and wanting to build a brand of his own, which 50 claims he wanted them all to do.

Regardless, Joe is messy for airing what he considered to be his friends on the internet. You address it clean if you have to and leave it alone.

Back
Top Bottom