The Combat Jack Show Thread

I was introduced to D Smoke through Rhythm + Flow on Netflix. Whether he should have won the actual contest is debatable (dude forgot his lines in the semi-finals) but he was clearly the most talented of the bunch.

He makes solid music. More like a Kendrick-lite, emphasis on the -lite. No way in hell he deserved a Grammy nom.

Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of music between an "industry plant" or a true homegrown act? I don't know what it's supposed to say about the artist or their music if a label is pushing them covertly versus openly.

Who’s

Not sure if you saying her is a plant but if so I don’t think so… She was like a child prodigy , was playing the piano and covering Alicia keys /Aretha Franklin songs as a child . Uber talented

not hip to D Smoke , but when I think of plants I think of the dude IDK lol . Dude came out of nowhere and has been around everybody and I have yet to hear a good song . Sounds like the bad version of Kanye
Man that girl has an Oscar & she stays getting nominated for **** no one's ever heard.

I remember listening to Game album like "who this _ sounded like Kendrick"

Think that was my first time hearing D Smoke. It's a good feature but I can't listen to him for a whole project doing a Kendrick impersonation.

This song goes idc what Niketalk says. I never watched the show but I also have trouble taking people from shows serious.

The Kendrick influence is undeniable and he's clearly affiliated with TDE despite not being signed (his brother is SIR).

Smokes career will be interesting to watch. He 100% has the talent but the notably famous brother, Kendrick influence, and show probably hurt him more than help him.

He is hella famous due to the Netflix show but I think he's a case of being more famous for his talent rather than his work. Joe isn't exactly helping him by shading him or alluding to him being a plant either.

We've seen plenty of plants before (some would argue that ASAP was a plant when he started), Smoke really just needs to create classics and prove the doubters wrong.

Down bad :lol:

Apparently he said on a recent pod that the visual numbers are down but the listenership is up because he has a older base now and they prefer audio as opposed to watching, who knows

Them comments prolly getting to him too :lol: Joe the type to search his name and see what ppl talking about. He definitely on the reddit

edit: I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a deal with Facebook for the video since he in business w them now

Last edited:
So he thinks the people that have been on YouTube and probably followed him to Spotify, are gonna follow him to Facebook? Or how does that work? :lol:

I mean i wouldn't doubt that he could get a bigger bag from somewhere else, considering the universal consensus from artist seems to be youtube doesn't pay ****

Nah it’s a bag on YouTube, they don’t pay much in streams but the bag on there is ad revenue. The ad cpm is like $2-5, cpm is per 1,000

Somebody like Joe Rogan (obviously in a different tier but for example) was prolly pulling in like $500k+ a month off YT ad rev alone before he went Spotify exclusive

Down bad :lol:

Apparently he said on a recent pod that the visual numbers are down but the listenership is up because he has a older base now and they prefer audio as opposed to watching, who knows

Them comments prolly getting to him too :lol: Joe the type to search his name and see what ppl talking about. He definitely on the reddit

edit: I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a deal with Facebook for the video since he in business w them now

1624564504474.png

Joe is dumb for even addressing that ****. He’s trying to fight a battle that he can’t win. Y’all see the people supporting Rory and Mal, ****in weirdos.

If his **** ain’t on YouTube, I won’t hear it. Not watching it on Facebook or listening on Spotify.

Back
Top Bottom