The Combat Jack Show Thread

Ice saying Westside can't rap is wild. Say you don't like his voice or he's not your preference, and not that he can't rap, when you listen to garbage emcees.

I don't understand Joe's stance on Justin. He dated Brittney Spears like 20-25 years. How can you blame him for anything? He's speaking out, because for some reason people expect it. It's like they'll always be linked or something. Nobody is asking that other Kevin dude to speak out.

Haven't been really following the Britney conservatorship stuff, but how do we know the family doesn't have the best interest in mind?

Haven't been really following the Britney conservatorship stuff, but how do we know the family doesn't have the best interest in mind?

I was wondering the same. I saw that doc on Hulu, but it seemed biased and obviously Pro Brittney. It made it seem like people deemed she was crazy just from a couple of incidents with the paparazzi.

It has to be a lot more to it that isn't public.

I don't know much about it but from articles I've skimmed I think the gist of it is after the mental breakdown in the late 2000's they assigned legal control of all her assets to her father and a lawyer.

That alone sounds fishy enough for me to be on her side :lol: 12-13 years is a long time.

I think back in their peak Justin outed that him and Britney were having sex and part of her image was being a virgin. On top of what happened with him and Janet many ppl feel like Justin sits back while women he's connected to catch heat for whatever situation they have going on.

I was wondering the same. I saw that doc on Hulu, but it seemed biased and obviously Pro Brittney. It made it seem like people deemed she was crazy just from a couple of incidents with the paparazzi.

It has to be a lot more to it that isn't public.
This, fans always take the celebs side but the people in their lives know them better. If you have family or friends with mental issues you know it's tough.

And 13 years is nothing for mental issues.

I was young when the whole Timberlake/Janet Superbowl thing went down.

He was supposed to rip the cover off her tit correct?

We're people mad at that or his response to the matter?

I still don’t really understand that whole thing.

It looked like they both planned the stunt and she got the heat for it, and people wanted Justin to pay for his part in it(?)

Like I said, I still don’t get the whole hoopla. :lol:

The Janet superbowl **** changed a lot. I read some article a while ago how after that happened live events started having a few seconds delay to edit stuff, CBS got fined half a mil. They took Janet's music off certain stations. She was supposed to do some tribute at the grammys and they got her off that. I think they also took a movie role from her. It basically cancel culture before cancel culture and it was 100% racial. Justin skated though the whole thing. We know if Nelly had pulled Brittany Spears tiddy out who woulda caught the backlash.

edit

But the public shaming of Jackson—to which the singer herself told USA Today was “truly embarrassing”—didn’t stop. The Grammy’s were the following week, which both Timberlake and Jackson were scheduled to present and perform at, but Jackson was outright banned from the event, despite previous assurances from the Academy that both would attend, saying "there's such a big difference...to putting a stage on Astroturf than an appearance at the Grammys." Timberlake, on the other hand, attended and was allowed to perform. Clear Channel Communications, which owned Infinity Broadcasting and Viacom (MTV and CBS), blacklisted all of Jackson’s singles and music videos, banning her music from all the TV channels and radio stations the company owned, stifling airplay and making her new album, Damita Jo, her lowest-selling album since 1984. The disgraced singer was forced to resign from a set movie deal she had just signed, and even a statue of Mickey Mouse wearing Jackson’s “Rhythm Nation” costume was dismantled following continued backlash.

This **** was just overboard

Last edited:
Justin Timberlake is just another white man who benefitted from the downfall of black people. He ruined Janet Jackson's career. That slimball could've said something & he ain't say ****.

Back
Top Bottom