The Combat Jack Show Thread

I get what wavy saying but Future didn't HIT at the same time as Kendrick/Drake/Cole/. It was Drake/Cudi/Cole/Wale. They was all the regular dude non-street rapper rookie class. Kendrick was right after them in late 2011. Wale got his hits but never reached that level with Drake and Cole. Cudi just fell all the way back. Kendrick just took off with GKMC and kept going. It wasn't until 2014-15 when Future had the 3peat and Dirty Sprite 2 that he reached that level.

wavycrocket wavycrocket walking past and overhearing a discussion

I wonder if they're ever going to reboot Back To The Future.

Oh you're talking about about Future. Don't you know Dirty Sprite is the greatest album in the history of mankind and Future is better than Prince and Michael Jackson. He's supposed to tour soon, I can't wait.

Nah man, I was talking about Back to the Future with Michael J Fox, you know Back To The Future, Teen Wolf

Speaking of Wolves. Did you hear his mixtape Beast Mode?,

What are you talking about man?

Stop trying to change the subject, we're talking about Future here

wavycrocket wavycrocket walking past and overhearing a discussion

I wonder if they're ever going to reboot Back To The Future.

Oh you're talking about about Future. Don't you know Dirty Sprite is the greatest album in the history of mankind and Future is better than Prince and Michael Jackson. He's supposed to tour soon, I can't wait.

Nah man, I was talking about Back to the Future with Michael J Fox, you know Back To The Future, Teen Wolf

Speaking of Wolves. Did you hear his mixtape Beast Mode?,

What are you talking about man?

Stop trying to change the subject, we're talking about Future here

C+ for Comedic effort.

Im simply saying, when you putting *****s in that convo of the best rappers or whatever or most successful or biggest stars from the early 10s until now…you have to throw Future in there as well, and he’s those guys contemporaries. He’s just not thought off in the same discussion as them.

Try again.

****** definitely weren’t discussing Drake or Big Sean anything in here in 05/06. I can stand on that.

Whenever Comeback Season dropped is the first time I heard of Drake, and it was on here. I had no idea what Degrassi was. So Far Gone is when he was really starting to get talked about here, I don't think it broke out mainstream wise for a second after it dropped though if I remember correctly.
Sean wasn't really a common talking piece here until Finally Famous 3 dropped.

Co-sign above. I actually didn't listen to Comeback Season right away because the cover made me think it was an R&B album. :lol:. Definitely saw it, for the first time, on here though. And I was waiting for So Far Gone because I loved Comeback Season.

Fab got music coming out?
1625002646928.gif

Nah just a new outfit

I bump gkmc and tpab just as much as I do my krazy life and still brazy

A ***** couldn't pay me to listen to J.Cole
Damn, I won't lie Cole's catalogue doesn't get much burn. I've said before that I don't think he's in the same tier as the others.

GKMC still the best rap album since it's release IMO, Drake has arguably one of the best discographies of all time. Nothing really stands out for Cole.

I get what wavy saying but Future didn't HIT at the same time as Kendrick/Drake/Cole/. It was Drake/Cudi/Cole/Wale. They was all the regular dude non-street rapper rookie class. Kendrick was right after them in late 2011. Wale got his hits but never reached that level with Drake and Cole. Cudi just fell all the way back. Kendrick just took off with GKMC and kept going. It wasn't until 2014-15 when Future had the 3peat and Dirty Sprite 2 that he reached that level.
Fewtch popped in late 2011/early 2012.

Damn, I won't lie Cole's catalogue doesn't get much burn. I've said before that I don't think he's in the same tier as the others.

GKMC still the best rap album since it's release IMO, Drake has arguably one of the best discographies of all time. Nothing really stands out for Cole.
I agree with all points made.

****** definitely weren’t discussing Drake or Big Sean anything in here in 05/06. I can stand on that.
What was your old screen name? :lol:

I specifically remember the Room For Improvement then Comeback Season thread being made here. That was 06 and 07. The only thing is the So Far Gone/Drake thread was made and drowned it out due to the hype.

Depends on what you mean by popped.

Pluto ain't sell close to what DS2 sold. He club bangers but Future did not become what he is now until 2014-15. That's not a bad thing or a knock, just what it is.
But that was still his 1st album & it was widely success. And b4 that Future mixtapes was coming out of everybody speakers after that tape w/ Gucci.

Furthermore, I remember “Honest” not being received well, at all. That was when I actually started paying attention to him and I loved it, but the consensus amongst his fans was that he fell alllll the way off. I’m pretty sure it underperformed, on the charts, too.

Then him and Ciara broke up and Monster came out. The rest made him a legend.

Furthermore, I remember “Honest” not being received well, at all. That was when I actually started paying attention to him and I loved it, but the consensus amongst his fans was that he fell alllll the way off. I’m pretty sure it underperformed, on the charts, too.

Then him and Ciara broke up and Monster came out. The rest made him a legend.
"Tried to make me a pop star & they made me a monster"

Depends on what you mean by popped.

Pluto ain't sell close to what DS2 sold. He club bangers but Future did not become what he is now until 2014-15. That's not a bad thing or a knock, just what it is.

Popped meaning when he hit the scene-scene. Like XXL freshman cover type ****. Which would be 2011-2012.

Anyways, that FAB million dollars worth of game episode is good. Some great throwback jersey compilation. Unique to Gille to, being from Philly and how that whole thing with Mitchell and ness was tied in. And no, it wasn’t a convo about who made jerseys pop first or anything. But just the evolution of it. Anyways

Back
Top Bottom