The Combat Jack Show Thread

Furthermore, I remember “Honest” not being received well, at all. That was when I actually started paying attention to him and I loved it, but the consensus amongst his fans was that he fell alllll the way off. I’m pretty sure it underperformed, on the charts, too.

Then him and Ciara broke up and Monster came out. The rest made him a legend.

I vividly remember a bunch of NT'ers saying it was over for him after honest & saying things like Migos took his lane etc etc..

Future has been as successful as anyone not in that top three but he's not thrown in that convo for good reason. Drake, Kendrick, Cole were all products of the blog era/internet come up.

On another note they discussing a possible Nicki vs Kim Verzuz & am i alone in thinking that Kim will WASH nicki in a matchup?

Nicki has "Bigger" records but that doesn't equate to good. Kims records/verses have aged better than most people from the 90's actually & she just got some ridiculous features to pull from

Rich Homie actually was positioning himself to take Futures spot (pre the rich gang album). I think he even dissed future at the beginning of his DJ drama Tape.

This was around the Honest era and I also remember fans saying this ain't it for Fewtch. I liked honest alot and probably wasn't a fan until that album.

Then Monster happened like others have said and the rest is history.

I don't consider Future to be in the same class as Wale/ Drake/ Sean, and it's to his benefit. He really popped/ bubbled around Pluto album everything before was just grinding. Yeah he been around the industry for a long time but he "broke through" around Tony Montana.

On another note they discussing a possible Nicki vs Kim Verzuz & am i alone in thinking that Kim will WASH nicki in a matchup?

Nicki has "Bigger" records but that doesn't equate to good. Kims records/verses have aged better than most people from the 90's actually & she just got some ridiculous features to pull from

I took that as Joe pandering to Nicki

Nicki at this point is almost a legacy act and her fans are a generation removed.

Kim is crushing Nicki. Those pop songs won't cut it. When Starships is your biggest hit, and you can't even play it?

Nicki doesn't have enough Moment For Life's or Monster versus

Not to further derail the thread but I see Bardi is pregnant again (happy for her) but I'm sure Joe was right (way back) about Atlantic not being the most happy with her.

Invasion of privacy was 3 years ago. She's almost certainly not gonna drop another album this year again.

I know people love Cardi the person but how long are fans supposed to wait?

Last edited:
I took that as Joe pandering to Nicki

Nicki at this point is almost a legacy act and her fans are a generation removed.

Kim is crushing Nicki. Those pop songs won't cut it. When Starships is your biggest hit, and you can't even play it?

Nicki doesn't have enough Moment For Life's or Monster versus

You have her fans ****** up :lol: , there's no doubt in my mind that Nicki will win on social media/public perception.

I know Nicki got some mixtape **** & all that but idk just how deep that bag is, I would guess just a bunch of the YM **** would have to be played.

Not to further derail the thread but I see Bardi is pregnant again (happy for her) but I'm sure Joe was right (way back) about Atlantic not being the most happy with her.

Invasion of privacy was 3 years ago. She's almost certainly not gonna drop another album this year again.

I know people love Cardi the person but how long are fans supposed to wait?

and there are a ton of female rappers trying to move in to that lane

You have her fans ****ed up :lol: , there's no doubt in my mind that Nicki will win on social media/public perception.

I know Nicki got some mixtape **** & all that but idk just how deep that bag is, I would guess just a bunch of the YM **** would have to be played.

Nicki is almost 40 bro.

Kim might look 60 something, but she's only in her mid 40's

Nicki's fans aren't 20 anymore.

and you must not know about the original Beehive

For sure Cardi's run was crazy and I'm happy she caked up off it.

However, there was a brief period where fans kinda gave her the crown. Hell the industry damn near crowned her too with all the awards and press.

Super surprised she didn't find a way to at least squeeze out one more album before this pregnancy.

I think Joe basically confirming that Atlantic actually doubled back and paid Cardi more between albums. She was their priority act at one point.

Kim killing Nicki in a versus. When Kim play Quite Storm Nicki got nothing for that.

I think it's about the label

and considering she's a manufactured artist who has no real talent and got this far based on personality and people liking her, it's a win.

but considering how much the label has invested in her, they're losing.

I was just looking at Migos performance and Cardi popped out pregnant. I was thinking her sitting back like "Again b****!". I don't know numbers on the return for the investment but can't be happy. She has been dropping singles that females love. Because she just make Thot music can she just be a singles artist? Do her fans even care about albums?

Kim killing Nicki in verzuz is just an unrealistic take. Nicki is beating most ppl w/ features alone. It's amazing how much emotions & nostalgia clouds realisitic judgement, and they not even in the same era.

Kim vs Foxy is what makes since & is what should happen. Plus, it would be more financially lucrative in the streaming era.

I wonder if the pandemic played any role in Cardi not dropping last year. Surely the label wanted to wait so she could tour. I don't think anyone new for sure that things were going to open up this year the way they have in the country.

Cardi is done with.

She’s still dropping chart topping singles though . Think it’s a super stretch to say she’s done when every time she does pop out , she does well .

Nothing is telling me that she’s done , people love her personality and that’s what’s she’s famous off of . Long as that doesn’t change, I think she’s good

agree that Atlantic is probably pissed.

Kim killing Nicki in verzuz is just an unrealistic take. Nicki is beating most ppl w/ features alone. It's amazing how much emotions & nostalgia clouds realisitic judgement, and they not even in the same era.

Kim vs Foxy is what makes since & is what should happen. Plus, it would be more financially lucrative in the streaming era.

We know you're a Barb bro

but Kim is killing her

She’s still dropping chart topping singles though . Think it’s a super stretch to say she’s done when every time she does pop out , she does well .

Nothing is telling me that she’s done , people love her personality and that’s what’s she’s famous off of . Long as that doesn’t change, I think she’s good

agree that Atlantic is probably pissed.
It was hyperbole but her buzz is dying. All the music she released after her debut album came and went. The Meg song is an exception because Meg is hotter right now and we all know the spectacle that song cost.

It was hyperbole but her buzz is dying. All the music she released after her debut album came and went. The Meg song is an exception because Meg is hotter right now and we all know the spectacle that song cost.

UP and it’s stuck or whatever it’s called charted top 5 also (solo song)

The HER conversation is interesting

That's a low number for that build up and all the promotion.

I think one reason is she doesn't seem natural, and she ends up not relatable. The whole she's mixed, she's a mystery and plays all these instruments. The people want more these days. Especially as a female artist. Do the fans get to know HER?

Back
Top Bottom