THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

i was just thinking about this. After Bruce gets out of the pit, how does he get back into the isolated Gotham?

Yo i kinda thought this too like damn he can fly around the world and be back in gotham clean shaved All with no money

Bruce freaking Wayne:smokin

Real life...

Y'all dudes saying it was that dope or are complaining, GO OFF!!!!

This Movie was the f'n crap...

Best movie ever made... So sick...
Had my emotions going... All actors were top notch... Ann Hathaway was looking extremely bad
( when she would arch that Back on the bike:smokin)...

Just saw it in IMAX it was a very good movie but probably my least favorite out of the three. I'll discuss more later when we can stop using spoilers

I definitely thought it was better than BB, but TDK still is better in my book. And yea, the acting was great. Everybody brought their A game. I had my doubts about Anne Hathaway, but she did a great job. Reminded me of why I fell in love after watchign the Devil Wears Prada

He's Bruce Wayne, he likely has connections all over the world. Either way did you guys really want to watch a 10-15 minute explanation of how he traveled from one place to the other? The film is already 2 hours 45 minutes long. Not every little thing has to be explained. The rest just have to be left to your imagination.

I figured he had connections, but that was a bit sloppy for Nolan.

definitely needed to be 3 hours minimum

:pimp: @ folks from The Wire in the cast...

Bane Is God...

Fa' really doe...

I just found out that dude that was the judge is The Scarecrow...

Question:

Was there a reason why Bane either took blood or gave blood to that doctor??

Sacrasm? Because nearly every complaint was it was too long. To me it flowed smoothly, I didnt even notice it was 2:45. Just hype to see it again.

Yo i kinda thought this too like damn he can fly around the world and be back in gotham clean shaved All with no money

Bruce freaking Wayne:smokin

I thought about how he did it for a split second and then went back to enjoying the movie :lol:

:pimp: @ folks from The Wire in the cast...

Was there a reason why Bane either took blood or gave blood to that doctor??

To fake his death. Upon the explosion of the plane, the body will likely be burnt and I guess they would just draw blood to identify the body.

Sacrasm? Because nearly every complaint was it was too long. To me it flowed smoothly, I didnt even notice it was 2:45. Just hype to see it again.

I'm not being sarcastic. I liked TDK better but Rises had a better pace. Easily could have been 30 minutes longer there were plenty of uses for extra time IMO

He's Bruce Wayne, he likely has connections all over the world. Either way did you guys really want to watch a 10-15 minute explanation of how he traveled from one place to the other? The film is already 2 hours 45 minutes long. Not every little thing has to be explained. The rest just have to be left to your imagination.

It just seemed like a big stretch even for Bruce Wayne. He was a broke man left with nothing. The goons basically had Gotham closed off and isolated, no one was allowed in or out.

Thats how Nolan films. Why waste time explaining every little thing when he has more important things to show on film. That is why his movies are all-time greats and I mean every movie he's done thus far.

It just seemed like a big stretch even for Bruce Wayne. He was a broke man left with nothing. The goons basically had Gotham closed off and isolated, no one was allowed in or out.

I don't think it's a stretch. Think of any huge celebrity today, most of those guys knows people in other countries and most even get free flights to anywhere they want to go, even private jets even.
As for getting in and out of Gotham, well he is Batman. He likely has a way of getting in and out.

Plus remember that one of the bridges were open? There was a scene where trucks delivered food and that is how the FBI/CIA agents got in.
So there are access to the city, they just couldn't risk having an army march in because no one knew who the trigger person was and could detonate the bomb at any time.

Thats how Nolan films. Why waste time explaining every little thing when he has more important things to show on film. That is why his movies are all-time greats and I mean every movie he's done thus far.

obviously I don't think it would have been a waste of time. :tongue:

It wouldn't be a waste to explain how he got there. Takes one or two lines. it wasn't a little thing.

I would also like to hear more about why that prison was so bad and the worst place on earth. The prisoners were cheering for each other when they did the climb. nobody tried to attack Wayne or each other. no shortage of food or water. Tools to build Bane's mask

Last edited:
Finally posting. Haven't had time.

Saw the movie twice, Midnight thursday (regular) and last night (digital imax) . Wasn't planning on the midnight, but wednesday my friend from work told me he had an extra ticket, did the marathon actually! Which was a cool experience. Much better crowd than the imax crowd friday.

I absolutely loved it. I don't want to say right now, but I think I might have liked it better than TDK... which I never thought they could top TDK, but they just might have. The ending was just too epic. The Joker was still a better villain I think, but Bane just had no regard for human life, dude was pretty terrifying.

I definitely plan on seeing this one more time in a true imax theater.

A book will be released on Tuesday that reveals key details of John Blake’s background and role in the film.

Man, I have to see this movie in true IMAX. (And not the LIE-MAX I was going to see it in.) Guess I'll be making the extra 1.5 hour drive to see it.

Finally posting. Haven't had time.
Saw the movie twice, Midnight thursday (regular) and last night (digital imax) . Wasn't planning on the midnight, but wednesday my friend from work told me he had an extra ticket, did the marathon actually! Which was a cool experience. Much better crowd than the imax crowd friday.
I absolutely loved it. I don't want to say right now, but I think I might have liked it better than TDK... which I never thought they could top TDK, but they just might have. The ending was just too epic. The Joker was still a better villain I think, but Bane just had no regard for human life, dude was pretty terrifying.
I definitely plan on seeing this one more time in a true imax theater.

How is Digital IMAX compared to a normal regular theater screening?

This was THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!That is all.

I will be reading this thread from like page 85 and out cause I wanna see what you guys are speculating about in here.

Last edited:
Bane's swag was on the level of 100/1000 Lions like dude said. The roof top scene when he casually walked out while Bats and Catwoman were escaping was
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Those fight scenes between Bane and Batman were top notch. The first fight
sick.gif
. Bane let Batman just swing and swing away
laugh.gif
. The way he broke his mask
eek.gif

The next time they fought was great too. Bane's speed and power seemed to increase when that piece of his mask broke.
pimp.gif

How is Digital IMAX compared to a normal regular theater screening?

It was still way better than the regular screening. Honestly, I didn't feel it was much different from the IMAX (true) I usually go to, other than it was a lot bigger so I was further away from the screen. The IMAX I usually go to seems like it seats a lot less people, so you are closer to the screen. Seeing it in the digital IMAX was still insane for the IMAX scenes.

Back
Top Bottom