THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

My favorite part was after Batman got some of dat Miranda Tate punani, he was back in the game. Now I know why they call it, Dark Knight Rises

I can't see Bane being older than Bruce, nor the same age. MAYBE the same age but then him saying "Age has cost you your strength" wouldn't make sense if he's the same age or older.

Here's the timeline I see:

BB- Bruce leave's Gotham after returning from Princeton at age 21. Trains all over the world and w/the League then returns to Gotham at 28 (7 year absence), has his birthday he's 29.
TDK is a year or so later so he's 30.
TDKR is 8 years later putting him at 38.

Talia is born in the Pit but it was never stated how long she was there before she escaped. 14 and under is still a child and given the conditions they lived in, the undernourishment in there, an older child will still appear young. I'm going with Talia being 13-14 when she escaped, let's say 14 and Bane at 18. Now Let's say TDKR takes place 15 years from Talia's escape. She's 29 and Bane 33. To me these numbers as far as age make more sense.

Bane being 33 puts him at an age where he's at his prime. Bane talking to Bruce like he's older is another form of mocking him by being condescending.

Yes maybe Bane is in better shape because he's more active so him and Bruce being identical in age or him being older could be possible but that's not what Nolan's going for here. Nolan wants you to know that Bruce is old, worn down and tired and that Bane still finds him as an adversary because they both are LOS. But Bane is younger, stronger and faster which makes Batman's rising from the Pit and subsequent beatdown on Bane more enjoyable. Remember Bane only beat Bats the first time because Bruce had just recently donned the costume and he was unaware of Bane's pain issue. If you watch the second fight Bane is winning till Batman knocks one of the face pipes loose. Bane is more or less beaten by his own weakness rather than Bats really laying a smackdown. We can agree to disagree but I see this scenario as a more realistic one.

Theatricality and deception. A powerful agent to the uninitiated...

But we are initiated, aren't we Bruce?

Bane's swagger .....:smh:

Last edited:
:smh: @ the Penguin & Mr. Freeze suggestions...their backgrounds are nowhere as dark as Bane & Joker, it would be a step BACKWARDS
only 3 logical choices imo...

Who are the 1st two?

Just wanted to check in and say I'm seeing it tomorrow morning :smile:

While watching The Dark Knight today the funny irony in Morgan Freeman telling Bruce how the new suit is vulnerable to knives but holding off cats is even more funny now.
I mean, at the time I got the cat woman reference and future sighting in that scene, but the knife thing came back 10 fold on Bruce.
He indeed, didn't want to make it too easy, did he?
Shoulda got that suit redone bruce :smh:

What really crazy is that in the 1st one Ras Al Ghul tells Wayne something along the lines of "when someone stands in your way, you simply walk up behind them, and stab them in the heart"....it wasnt the heart but still...like Father like Daughter lol...

I can't see Bane being older than Bruce, nor the same age. MAYBE the same age but then him saying "Age has cost you your strength" wouldn't make sense if he's the same age or older.
Here's the timeline I see:
BB- Bruce leave's Gotham after returning from Princeton at age 21. Trains all over the world and w/the League then returns to Gotham at 28 (7 year absence), has his birthday he's 29.
TDK is a year or so later so he's 30.
TDKR is 8 years later putting him at 38.
Talia is born in the Pit but it was never stated how long she was there before she escaped. 14 and under is still a child and given the conditions they lived in, the undernourishment in there, an older child will still appear young. I'm going with Talia being 13-14 when she escaped, let's say 14 and Bane at 18. Now Let's say TDKR takes place 15 years from Talia's escape. She's 29 and Bane 33. To me these numbers as far as age make more sense.
Bane being 33 puts him at an age where he's at his prime. Bane talking to Bruce like he's older is another form of mocking him by being condescending.
Yes maybe Bane is in better shape because he's more active so him and Bruce being identical in age or him being older could be possible but that's not what Nolan's going for here. Nolan wants you to know that Bruce is old, worn down and tired and that Bane still finds him as an adversary because they both are LOS. But Bane is younger, stronger and faster which makes Batman's rising from the Pit and subsequent beatdown on Bane more enjoyable. Remember Bane only beat Bats the first time because Bruce had just recently donned the costume and he was unaware of Bane's pain issue. If you watch the second fight Bane is winning till Batman knocks one of the face pipes loose. Bane is more or less beaten by his own weakness rather than Bats really laying a smackdown. We can agree to disagree but I see this scenario as a more realistic one.

They were celebrating his 30th in BB, theres a scene that shows a party decoration with a a big 30 in the background.

Anne was so hott in this as well :lol: :pimp:

+1

All the women are fire in the movie.

Damn shame I saw the movie last night and didn't realize old girl was Mol for Inception til a few minutes ago:lol:

Also ain't no way in hell that little girl was 13-14 when she got out that prison.

That little girl was 8-10 tops.

Bane is older than Batman, its funny for all my nitpicking that doesn't bother me. I just wish they would have shown why he was such a beast even if you didn't want to go down the Venom path have that mask do something.

They were celebrating his 30th in BB, theres a scene that shows a party decoration with a a big 30 in the background.

Yep I was just about to say he is around 38 or so in this movie. Celebrate 30 in Begins, Joker says 6 months ago in dark knight and the mayor starts of with 8 years ago in Rises so 38 or 39 is my guess.

- Now on to my viewing of the movie. Just got home from seeing it. I was not impressed I felt it was too thrown together and too many people knew who Batman was. That is why I do not like Marvel comics because they do not conceal their identity the public knows who they are. How did John Blake put it together so fast and early in the movie who Batman was? How long was Bruce in jail, it seemed like the T.V. in the prison said Day 84 of the hostage situation so about 3 months for a back to heal seems about right? I've read enough spoilers in this thread the last few days to have most of my questions answered or to look out for certain things in the movie. I don't think Bruce Wayne is broke because early in the movie, Fox says you are broke know it will take a couple of months to get your fortune back by proving fraud. How was Wayne manor refurnished with pictures of parents and his moms necklace, I mean was all that stuff in the safe since Begins? I will definitely pick up the DVD, and use the subtitles because some of the things Bane said I could not make out. The theatre only had 3 people in it so it was not because of people talking just hard to understand him at times. I am going to go with Begins being the best of the three: it was original, not much hype behind it, not much of a budget to work with, went into it looking to be disappointed like I was with the Clooney and O'Donnel batman and was pleasantly surprised. I will probably like Rises the more I watch it like I did with TDK. For a person that rarely goes to the movies to begin with (Only been twice since 2005: Begins in 05 and Dark Knight in 08) I could have waited for this to come out on DVD in December and not felt like I missed anything at all. I really feel like I waited to go back to the movies after 4 years for nothing.

- (Edit) the batman suit that he gets toward the end is from where : I am guessing the other batcave in TDK????

- good points
Bale was dead on with Batman/Bruce you actually see him put an effort into looking and acting old.
Alfred was giving good advice for real life living
liked the ending where bruce was finally enjoying his life
liked how you could see the remaining board members age that were still remaining from Begins
liked how Batman was rusty when he was shooting the laser gun early in the movie he misses and he looked frustrated about it
liked how when catwoman disappeared on batman and he made the comment, so that's how it feels

-bad points
no origin of why/how catwoman wore the costume
not enough Ducard for all the hype he had when he was spotted on the scene
not enough "Batman" imo
wayne manor looked a mess outside and in
no explanation how Bruce got back to gothatm
the power in his house goes out the same day he goes broke
did not show batmans face when Bane ripped the mask off
would have liked to see some closure with Coleman Reese
did not get it when batman just showed up and help catwoman fight did not know her from the man in the moon, and she just hops in the bat.
alfred could do all this homework on Bane, but nothing on the joker at all???
If i think of more I'll add later....

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I wasn't too happy with TDKR. It was a good movie, certainly not a great one. Not nearly the best movie of the year, which is disappointing considering it was primed to be the best of the last 5 and the next 5. I'd say it's one of Christopher Nolan's weakest pieces to date, uncharacteristically formulaic, and even more unusual for him, poor casting choices.  Too many surprises blown over years of sneak previews, teasers, and viral. Bane was an okay villain but he came from nowhere and went nowhere. Maybe I am getting older and have seen everything done and re-done; all is cyclical.  I can see that if I were 15, TDKR would be considered "epic."

I believe the best parts of the film were the strained relationship between Alfred and Bruce, some elements of Selina Kyle's coyness and action, and that's about it..

(p.s. I wholeheartedly agree with everything that lynchpin33 wrote. Where was the closure with Reese?? And after Bane pummels Batman, all we want to see is the unmasking, and they don't give us that?)

Last edited:
I'm not gonna read the comments that way I won't get any spoilers. However I'm still upset I haven't been able to watch the movie yet (getting used to my new job but with so many hours) :smh:

Some of the nitpicking going on in here is #*%*>|^ ridiculous (no Ye). What are you guys gonna ask next, how did Bruce get food when he was at the prison? Who the #^#* cares!!!!! Or are you gonna ask next how did Morgan Freeman's character escape that flood coming so fast there surely needed to be a back story about how he suddenly got so fast!!! Terrible.

And I really don't see how the ending could be an illusion. I mean Nolan literally pointed out several things which would indicate that he's still alive. And he even shows Bruce as to not have an Inception-esque ending.

Everyone in the theater was laughing when Scarecrow was the Judge.

And Off rip when I saw how much screen time they were giving Blake I was like son is gonna be Robin or Nightwing or something, I don't follow the comics, just watched the cartoons as a kid.

With them introducing blake though I was like, this can't be the totally last flick, just can't be.

Like I said early I reeeeeeeally wanna see Johnny Depp star as Jigsaw and have folks in some Jigsaw type traps.

real life...

yo, johnny dep as "the riddler"

i can see that

Best movie of the year. I was skeptical that Nolan would be able to pull it off again, but I stand corrected. Loved Bane's epic dialogue and voice so much that I looked up his famous line "Let the Games Begin" on Youtube and found a 3 second video that had like 40k views. (so I'm not the only one who's crazy). But this is the key to the movie's success: Nolan's strength in his intense and scary portrayal of the villains over an overwhelming and eery backdrop of Gotham, which is why his films are so dark and menacing and worth watching. 

As far as cast, Christian Bale did a great job of making Bruce Wayne "hip". I just had to lol though when he goes from his regular voice to that scruff Batman voice, which sounds so fake. 
laugh.gif
  Anne Hathway was the whole package: funny, feisty, sexy, and actually pretty likable. Morgan Freeman and the Butler were pretty much the same as in TDK, so that was fine. And Bane was a beast: he managed a role as a smart and super buff and super scary tyrant. Well played. 

Last edited:
This is a good movie, but for me, it did not top TDK. 

A few things i wish is the relationship between bruce and Taila and batman and catwomen were given more time.  Hey, I was willing to stay in that theater for 4 hrs if need be.  Batman is one of my favorite characters(superman too).  But I felt leaving that they should have done more on their relationship.

Bane's voice threw me off at first, it didn't sound like he was talking just him standing there and a voice from who knows where was coming out.lol

The first fight between bane and bats was crazy, but the second fight was to quick for me and the way bane went out, idk, it is what it is. 

When Alfred was crying at the grave site, give this man an Oscar. 

I did watch it in a regular theater and I'm planning on watching it on IMAX next.

This is a good movie, but for me, it did not top TDK. 

A few things i wish is the relationship between bruce and Taila and batman and catwomen were given more time.  Hey, I was willing to stay in that theater for 4 hrs if need be.  Batman is one of my favorite characters(superman too).  But I felt leaving that they should have done more on their relationship.

Bane's voice threw me off at first, it didn't sound like he was talking just him standing there and a voice from who knows where was coming out.lol
The first fight between bane and bats was crazy, but the second fight was to quick for me and the way bane went out, idk, it is what it is. 

When Alfred was crying at the grave site, give this man an Oscar. 

I did watch it in a regular theater and I'm planning on watching it on IMAX next.

man the first time i heard bane's voice I thought it was optimus prime doing a narration on the film.

Alfred sure deserves that Oscar, that was a pain felt scene..... Just saw this today and it was amazing as predicted. Few lil flaws like the few times Batman could've easily killed Bane. Like when he escaped with the bat flying plane thingy lol he could've turned and shot him up instead of fleeing... Or when they first fought, where are his spiky claws that come out his forearms and knees? But whatever, can't wait for Robin and the next batman... Or whatever Nolan has in store

Great film, Smh @ 2 cops in their cars out in front of the theater. Sad what America has cone to

Back
Top Bottom