THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

eek.gif
@ that cart!
pimp.gif

I have a feeling Nolan will do what Tim Burton had intended to do before he left the first set of films, which was to have Batman quit.
Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story. And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story... I'm very excited about the end of the film, the conclusion, and what we've done with the characters. My brother has come up with some pretty exciting stuff. Unlike the comics, these things don't go on forever in film and viewing it as a story with an end is useful. Viewing it as an ending, that sets you very much on the right track about the appropriate conclusion and the essence of what tale we're telling. And it hearkens back to that priority of trying to find the reality in these fantastic stories.

Also, not sure if I posted this video before, but just listening to Oldman talk about the film makes me even more amped.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Hop

So seeing as how each of the Christopher Nolan batman films have a central theme behind them i.e.( Batman Begins=Fear/The Dark Knight=Chaos) I'm really interested in what the theme of this film is going to be.

I think it might be Rage/Anger seeing as how one of the main villains is Bane and how Batman has the Brotherhood of Shadows (including Talia Al Gul and a resurrected Ras Al Gul) seeking vengeance against him; probably losing sight of their original objective.

What do you guys think?
Sounds feasible, how does Catwoman squeeze in?

laugh.gif
 Forgot all about Catwoman, but considering that Nolan's version of the Batman universe is dark...she could be more than just a burglar. (She could potentially be a more ruthless version of Batman)

And after reading what illmatic posted, the big twist could be someone other than Bruce Wayne taking up mantle of Batman. Bruce Wayne could get his back broken by Bane at some point during the film and someone else takes up the mantle of Batman. 

Originally Posted by Hop

Originally Posted by Hop

So seeing as how each of the Christopher Nolan batman films have a central theme behind them i.e.( Batman Begins=Fear/The Dark Knight=Chaos) I'm really interested in what the theme of this film is going to be.

I think it might be Rage/Anger seeing as how one of the main villains is Bane and how Batman has the Brotherhood of Shadows (including Talia Al Gul and a resurrected Ras Al Gul) seeking vengeance against him; probably losing sight of their original objective.

What do you guys think?

laugh.gif
 Forgot all about Catwoman, but considering that Nolan's version of the Batman universe is dark...she could be more than just a burglar. (She could potentially be a more ruthless version of Batman)

And after reading what illmatic posted, the big twist could be someone other than Bruce Wayne taking up mantle of Batman. Bruce Wayne could get his back broken by Bane at some point during the film and someone else takes up the mantle of Batman. 

I think Batman breaking his back any time other than the end of the movie would be a big mistake. I really wouldn't want to see a Batman film where Batman is in a wheelchair half the time.

This is shoots and updates somebody put together from one of the batman blogs...pretty informative stuff..
TDKR SHOOT TIMELINE and UPDATES

MEHRANGAR FORT, JODHPUR, INDIA
May 6-7
Double For: Unknown
Confirmed Cast Sighting/s: Bale (Times of India article), Pence (Times of India articlepic available)
Info: Well with green screen of the pit extras dressed in white nehru coats and red turbans (fan report), scene of Bale being carried and lifted from the well (Times of India article)

FARMILOE BDLG, ST. JOHN'S STREET, LONDON
May 16-20
Double For: GCPD Station
Confirmed Cast Sighting/s: Oldman (pic available), JGL
Rumored Cast Sighting/s (sightings from multiple sources): Bale
Rumored Cast Sighting/s (sightings from few sources): Hardy, Hathaway, Temple 
Info: SWAT trucks, GCPD cars, costumes marked as "Sewer Thugs", extras dressed as SWAT and GCPD guys 

DELTA POINT, CROYDON, LONDON
May 31-Jun 02
Double For: Gotham General Hospital
Rumored Cast Sighting/s (sightings from few sources): Bale
Info: Guy wearing a suit and a mask climbing in/out of the hospital window, building to be blown up "digitally", GCPD car at the area and Gotham taxi

STANSTED AIRPORT, LONDON
June 15th
Double for: Gotham International Airport
Rumored Cast Sighting/s: Bale Hathaway
Info: Something to do with Delta plane and flying to/from Paris, France (fan report)

OSTERLEY HOUSE, LONDON
Jun 15-17
Double For: Wayne Manor Interiors
Confirmed Cast Sighting/s: Bale, Caine
Rumored Cast Sighting/s (sightings from multiple sources): Hathaway
Rumored Cast Sighting/s (sightings from few sources): Freeman (fan report)
Info: Extras appear to be dressed for a "party" (pics)

SENATE HOUSE LIBRARY, LONDON
Jun 21-23
Double For: Gotham Museum 
Confirmed Cast Sighting/s: Bale (pic available)
Rumored Cast Sighting/s (sightings by multiple different sources): HathawayFreeman
Rumored Cast Sighting/s (sightings by few sources): CaineNeeson
Info: Costume rack marked as "masked ball" (fan report), extra cast as "museum ball guest" (UK Casting Call Pro), extras dressed in "period" costume (tweet)

WOLLATON PARK, NOTTINGHAM, LONDON
June 25 - July 6
Double For: Wayne Manor Exteriors
Info: Graveyard scene, school bus at the area (pic available)

SOON:

SCOTLAND (WB Press Release)
(Dates Unknown)
Rumored Location/s: Inverness Airport (from article), Glasgow (from article)
Info: Possible plane landing scene at the Inverness airport (tweet)

PITTSBURGH (WB Press Release)
Jul 28 - Aug 21
Rumored Locations: Heinz Field (from article), Babylon Lounge

LOS ANGELES (WB Press Release)
Aug 26 - Oct 22
Rumored Location/s: WB Studios

NEW YORK (WB Press Release)
(Dates Unknown)
Rumored Location/s: NYSE (from reported Nolan sightings)

OTHER RUMORED LOCATION/S:

NEW JERSEY (Tweet from Newark Mayor Corey Booker)
(Dates Unknown)

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Hop

laugh.gif

I think Batman breaking his back any time other than the end of the movie would be a big mistake. I really wouldn't want to see a Batman film where Batman is in a wheelchair half the time.

Agreed.  And I wouldn't want him to make a speedy recovery or skip any of the recovery period to have him healed in the same movie.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Hop

laugh.gif

Agreed.  And I wouldn't want him to make a speedy recovery or skip any of the recovery period to have him healed in the same movie.
I agree with all of you guys. I love how Nolan humanized Bruce Wayne. In Begins, it was his fear he had to overcome. In TDK it was his own limits he had to control. I hope in the next movie is something he has to overcome, but I do want the good guy to win.

That article is at least a few months old. The network already passed up on the WW tv series and they don't even know the title for the Superman movie yet, Man of Steel.

The time table for shooting and the release date are practically the same for TDK and TDKR.
For TDK, filming started in April of '07 and for TDKR, filming started in May.
At Wizard World Chicago (which was held in the middle of August '07), this footage was shown:
If I would have to gauge it, especially with the release of HP in the middle of July, I would have to say expect something between mid-July and mid-August.

I really hope Bruce Wayne/Bats gets done justice. It's time to actually use Bale's skills.

That trailer has been outed as a fake a couple days ago. I hope we get something similar to the TDK teaser, even if it was all dialogue.

that cart 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my comic book junkies does bat man ever beat bane?  
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

hopefully we get two good fight scenes before nolan decides the winner with his usual dramatic ending 

Earlier today we learned about Anne Hathaway’s training regimen for her upcoming role of Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises, and now Hollywood Life claims to have exclusive details about what the costume will look like.

“Anne’s outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies,

What big movies do Warner Bros have coming about for that last 1/3 or the year? Because I would assume that's when we will see the first trailer

I wouldn't even be mad if Nolan just asked Linda Hemming to rip off the Arkham City Catwoman suit.

Definitely looking forward to Anne in the costume, the new Batmobile and a possible new Bat suit.

I'm not sure what WB has for the fall/winter season, but if I don't see any type of material by the release of, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, I'll be very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom