THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

Finally watched this (it's been released online, fyi... :smokin)

Personally, the TDK > TDKR simply because the former was so much more cerebral; we can thank the Joker for that.

With TDK, the psychological intensity just kept building and building and building. It was meticulous plan after plan after plan, some of which you couldn't help but wonder whether it had been coincidence, or something more elaborate from a villain who characterized himself as chaos.

With the TDKR, however, Bane comes in, takes over Gotham, and Bat's has to reclaim it. The only surprise came in at the very end when the true identity of Raz's heir was revealed. I just felt cheated watching this finale; maybe it was my fault for thinking that the second installment and the Joker could be outdone.

Last edited:
Watchin a hood bootleg, couldnt help myself.

Its sick

'' Ohhh you think darkness is your ally, you merely adopted the dark....i was born in it...molded by it. I didnt see the light until i was already a man by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING !!!

The verbal beatdown he gave Bats, along with the physical and mental thrashing is just ridiculous...i fully expect to hear some of these lines on an album intro or something.

I kinda finally see why some people have a big gripe with Banes death, because they built up his presence to a superhuman state but the way he died didnt match up with that.

Caught this in true 70mm IMAX Wednesday night.

Even better the second time around....and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Anyone catch the giant alligator in the sewer reference?
nerd.gif

When I saw the cafe scene at the end, before Alfred even sat down I thought it was going to end with Alfred looking at the camera and nodding.

Last edited:
Just came back from watching the movie and....cue the clapping gif.

Well done movie all around....can't really say it was better than TDK but the ending was fantastic I don't feel it was too rushed at all and I just like how Nolan had some nod's towards the comic books but kept it as gritty and real as BB and TDK. I mean it wasn't comicky like Bane using Venom or JGL finding a robin mask but the scene where:

[spoiler
- bane broke his back - "cat" remarks from bruce to selina - clerk telling JGL to use his full name - talia appearance - daggit
/spoiler]

I mean Nolan really set the bar really ******g high as far as movie trilogies in general go.

:pimp:

Last edited:
You guys understand that working out in a gym and working out in a jail ( the pit ) are 2 completely different things..... Hardy/Nolan wasn't gonna use the same body from warrior because Bane isnt gonna have a UFC fighters body, dude is a mercenary, he doesn't train at LA fitness :lol: it's like when will smith did Ali, he had to do workouts/training that would give him a build similar to that timeframe/situation .    

he doesn't train at LA fitness
laugh.gif
I hate LA Fitness 
laugh.gif

Just came back from watching the movie and....cue the clapping gif.

Well done movie all around....can't really say it was better than TDK but the ending was fantastic I don't feel it was too rushed at all and I just like how Nolan had some nod's towards the comic books but kept it as gritty and real as BB and TDK. I mean it wasn't comicky like Bane using Venom or JGL finding a robin mask but the scene where:

[spoiler
- bane broke his back - "cat" remarks from bruce to selina - clerk telling JGL to use his full name - talia appearance - daggit
/spoiler]

I mean Nolan really set the bar really ******g high as far as movie trilogies in general go.

pimp.gif

DKR was crazy. At one point I thought TDK was way better than DKR until Batman returns to save Gotham. Crazy ending, I really liked all the "Oh damn!" parts when you realize or make a connection to something. Example "Use your real name, Robin." both were great movies, but I like how TDK had you on your toes a lot of the time. It seemed like TDK could have ended at multiple points but it kept going. Glad they actually had some good looking women playing important roles this time unlike the other two batman movies. Geez. Also Batman recovering from his dislodged vertebrae and doing sit ups lol. Just a movie. Great movie. Sad to hear this will be the end of this Batman series. Made all the other superhero movies look like sunshine and flowers.

You guys understand that working out in a gym and working out in a jail ( the pit ) are 2 completely different things..... Hardy/Nolan wasn't gonna use the same body from warrior because Bane isnt gonna have a UFC fighters body, dude is a mercenary, he doesn't train at LA fitness :lol: it's like when will smith did Ali, he had to do workouts/training that would give him a build similar to that timeframe/situation .    

Just direct them to some prison documentaries.

Those guys will lift anything and create new things to lift.

I think on Lockup Raw some dude was lifting the side of a bunkbed. Another was lifting multiple water jugs.

Was it ever explained how Bane knew all of Batman's secrets (being Bruce Wayne and the weapons lab in Wayne enterprises)?

Saw it for the second time.
I thought it was hilarious in the scene where the cops were about to face the criminals, and the camera shows officer Foley. The whole theater Sucked their teeth, and had the FOH attitude.

It's statements like these that can just invalidate a whole opinion.
Please, give us your suggestion.
how is he not supposed to be more brolic?

i think someone like the rock would have filled in better, physique wise.
You picked a picture of Bane where he looks the smallest. And looking like the cartoon is pretty difficult since that's an exaggeration and finding a human who looks like that and who can act would probably be difficult. Tom Hardy at his size > the Rock. Maybe the physique is better, but using visual trickery with angles, lighting, etc., Hardy looked big enough in the movie.

Bane-jpg_181056.jpg
Bane-620x387.jpg

5560-new-dark-knight-rises-marketing-topless-bane-imax-tickets-old-bat-film.jpg

granted he could have been bigger, i don't think it took much away from his character
Bottomline right here.

You are tripping if you think Hardy>Rock though 
laugh.gif

Hardy is maybe the size of the black dude in the second pic

It's a trade off though. Do you want a few more lbs of muscle while sacrificing acting ability?

The gap between acting ability is larger than the gap between muscle when it comes to those two.

Last edited:
how is he not supposed to be more brolic?

i think someone like the rock would have filled in better, physique wise.

I agree that he could have been bigger, but Tom Hardy has better acting skills than the Rock. I think the acting was more important that the actual size, but I was a little dissapointed too.

But you also have to consider how crazy Tom Hardy changes weight, just like Christian Bale. Its impressive.

From this:

To this:

Tom Hardy definitely wasn't big at all but to name The Rock as who should have played Bane? What if the Rock turned down the part, do you not make the movie? How many other big guys are out there in Hollywood, unless they cast a bodybuilder, and then those guys are like 4 feet tall.

When they showed Bane/Tom Hardy in the movie, I could tell he was a small guy that had bulked up and was just about maxxed out in size for his body type.

In some movies, it's actually funny when you see these actors actually shrink during the movie from one scene to the next because they stopped lifting or whatever after filming their "muscle" scenes.

Last edited:
Physique-wise, the Rock is more intimidating than Hardy. Just his mere height and size is enough to make almost anyone look puny. If this version of Bane had the typical comic book mask, the Rock can probably play him if he can avoid doing this usual mannerisms and typical wrestling walk.

But acting-wise, he really can't even come close to Hardy. I mean imagine seeing the Rock try to act with his eyes in the film looking like he got shot all the time?

Tom Hardy was the perfect size for this movie IMO. The camera angles made him look even bigger to. Nolan makes these movies as realistic as possible. I guess yall wanted the Bane in the George Clooney Batman movie.

Back
Top Bottom