THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

I was just thinking, what was the point of bruce faking his death? I mean, the only people who knew who he was was lucius, alfred, Gordon, and Blake. And pretty much Lucius figured out he fixed the auto pilot. He couldve just donated his house to the orphans home, and just bounced. I guess there was tax reasons or whatever

or Alfred was just dreaming at the cafe when he saw Selena and Bruce

Random but i was watching Batman Begins the other day and this blew my mind. The kid that Rachel Dawes was protecting towards the end of the movie:

=

I was just thinking, what was the point of bruce faking his death? I mean, the only people who knew who he was was lucius, alfred, Gordon, and Blake. And pretty much Lucius figured out he fixed the auto pilot. He couldve just donated his house to the orphans home, and just bounced. I guess there was tax reasons or whatever

No better reason to fake your death than to avoid the IRS.

Great movie....good ending. Last fight scene was underwhelming......probably my only complaint.

Saw it for the second time, IMAX again, this **** is toooooooooooooooo piffffffffffff mayyyyyne. I'll never be able to stop listening to the score now. 

Said it after the first time and still holds true, favorite movie ever. Now I gotta use these $5 dollar off coupons that came with BB and TDK blu rays to watch it for free 1 or 2 more times during matinee.

Just came back from a third viewing and still loved it. That ending is just too great.

One funny thing I noticed that I'm pretty sure nobody has mentioned...

During the stock exchange scene, it's broad daylight, they say the program take 8 mins, all a sudden after the bust out on the motorcycles it's still day light, than Batman appears and its completely dark outside >D

Didnt Bane know who he was ?

And if so who knows how he find out or who his crazy ***** told.

I saw this at a drive-in and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't paranoid. :lol:
Heard some screaming and became super aware and ready to hop in the truck and take off. Worried about a copy cat. Whatever though...I'm fine. Movie was :pimp:
S

Man, I was in a theater of with only like 25 people. One idiot threw his empty drink towards the isle during the movie. It kind startled everyone and had my adrenaline slightly pumping.

Great movie by the way.

Just came back from a third viewing and still loved it. That ending is just too great.
One funny thing I noticed that I'm pretty sure nobody has mentioned...
During the stock exchange scene, it's broad daylight, they say the program take 8 mins, all a sudden after the bust out on the motorcycles it's still day light, than Batman appears and its completely dark outside >D

Man I was thinking the exact same thing! 5 minutes passed and it looks like its midnight lol

Oh Bruce... you must remember we are forever, initiated... you cannot believe I was defeated by that feline creature? I shall return Bruce.......
k...

don't mention my wifey again
say hi to talia, ras, and dent for me

IMAX was OD...to the point where it sorta pushed me out of the, damn that was kind of a letdown territory.

I'd recommend anyone who didn't quite feel it and saw it regular, to check it out in IMAX for sure.

christophernolan-titlecard-jpg_215731.jpg

What five movies most influenced “The Dark Knight Rises” Director Christopher Nolan?
He went the cinematic equivalent of basic black, picking these five classics and telling Yahoo! Movies why:

MCDMETR-EC035-H-jpg_215731.jpg

“Metropolis” : “In an era when films had to communicate purely with the visual, the relationship between the themes of the story and the architecture of the setting is clear and expressive.

MBDBAOF-EC059-H-jpg_215731.jpg

“The Battle of Algiers”: “No film has ever captured the chaos and fear of an uprising as vividly as this film.”

MSDPROF-EC003-H-jpg_215738.jpg

"Prince of the City" : “Nobody was better at capturing the unsettling qualities of corruption and its consequence as Sidney Lumet. Not as well- known as known as “Serpico,” but Treat Williams is a revelation.”

M8DDOZH-EC006-H-jpg_215731.jpg

“Doctor Zhivago”: “The very definition of historical epic, in which the tangled emotions of its characters are set in stark relief against the grandest of revolutionary backgrounds.”

MSDBLRU-EC001-H-jpg_215731.jpg

“Blade Runner”: “Simply the most memorable evocation of all that is spectacular and oppressive about the city.”

:pimp: Never seen Prince of the City...gotta watch the other 4 again, too.

JGL is whoever you want him to be. Nolan intentionally left it relatively open for a reason.

Exactly. This continuation (BB, TDK, TDKR, Bale, Nolan, etc) has ended. The next Batman you see in movies will have no connection, allusion, or reference to this series.

Oh ok, i just threw nightwing out there because he was also a cop.

That's probably the point. Richard Grayson, the original robin, was a hot head. He also become Robin, then Nightwing, then BATMAN for a brief period, as well as being a cop. Tim Drake, the 3rd robin, is the first Robin to "figure out" that Bruce Wayne and Richard Grayson are Batman and Robin. It's just Nolan using different sources to create a character arc.

The best way to look at the TDKR is the same way you can look at Frank Miller's Batman (Year One, The Dark Knight Returns) and Jeph Loeb's (The Long Halloween, Haunted Knight, Dark Victory)

Saw it again on Imax the other day. FANTASTIC...

was at the mall way early and found this:

I got lucky and found it underneath all the Batman Movie Masters. Helluva good day!

Two things:

1. Anyone else find it odd when the dude helping batman was telling "Bane's" story and was like oh the doc helped him after he was mauled, but then started to state that a child escaped (implying Bane) from there.

How you gonna escape as a child and then still be around to be mauled and fixed by the doctor as an adult?

Additionally, the child's protector was getting mauled.

From that point on I was like that don't be matching up. Was a surprise, but not really when Talia revealed it

Also during the first fight bane said he was born in the shadows or did he say hell? either way throughout its implied bane was the child born in the pit.

Can someone explain or refresh my memory on why morgan freeman is still at wayne enterprises in TDKR?? At the end of TDK, he said he was gonna leave wayne enterprises after helping bruce with that cell phone system?? Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom