THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

It's crazy how some of ya'll did the marathon...the movie is already over 2 hours and 40 minutes. No way could I set through the entire trilogy...but I got my ticket for this morning showing...:smokin

Bane had way too many quoatables in the movie.

Actually, so did Bruce.

When Bruce was in the pit, had me feelin' like I was Rocky training in the snow for Ivan, when he came out and that music started playing I felt like I was 5 and wanted to stand up and cheer :lol:

It was awesome.

Last edited:
Dope *** movie. I don't even like the character Batman, but loved these movies. I don't think its over for Batman movies just yet.

"If he's dead, show me a body..."

Honestly, I was a bit skeptical at first. I didn't know if I was going to like it as much as DKR becuase The Joker was the main thing I liked about it. I don't think people are giving Heath Ledger the "Tupac Treatment". I liked the Joker in DKR, so much so, I didn't mind if he won. Thats hard to pull off with a villian. If you think Ledger performance in the last movie is overrated, that just means you've already started to take it for granted. Bane was a straight up badass, doe. Hated his voice, but I assume I was supposed to.
When Bane whopped Batman's *** the first time :wow: ...it felt right.

I'll probably catch this again.

The way they filmed Hardy as Bane only being 5'9'' made him seem bigger and taller than he is!

Dude was a monster.

As for those who don't like it, I understand because there were some meh things for me in the film. I know on my second viewing I will be even more appreciative.

Overall movie: TDK>TDKR until I watch it again.

Villian: Joker (slightly over Bane and I mean slightly)
I say this because Bane shoudl have got more time to be menacing and how he got put down was real weak. Great thing is he's not dead. :smile:

Ending: One of the best I ever seen. Definately that Nolan twist to leave it open for interpretation but as a comic reader and Batman fan I know the deal!

Bales best performance, he gets better each time and he killed it as Bruce Wayne.

Remember in 3 hours Nolan has to put together a huge time frame and he gets in depth very well for just 3 hours. Imagine if this was 6 hours with intermission!

People say Nolan can't cast the right women in his movies? :lol:

Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard were money and looking fine as hell.

As for the movie it was awesome! The whole trilogy is so good it's hard for me to pick a favorite cause they all have aspects that are distinct from one another. Nolan pulled it off again and that ending had me giving a standing ovation. :pimp:

Anyone want to discuss the end?

Nolan likes to leave his endings open for interpretation. To me Blake is not taking over as Batman but Bruce is setting things up to have a partner who eventually will take over. That is why the core group now know who he is. Batman knows Blake needs training, to fully understand what it takes to put on a mask and the cost of serving Gotham. He will train him and I think in a Nolanverse he's more Batman Beyond not Robin. Maybe even Nightwing. This is what Nolan does he leaves things open for real possibilities or silly thinking. LOL at some folk thinking Blake just immediately gonna go to work with no training. He was getting sonned an altercations through the movie and he would be forced to kill to save others and survive himself. My belief he's meant to be Robin/Nightwing, or Batman Beyond. Bruce will be his Ras Al Ghul.

Few other things I said meh to:

Too much Blake and Selina through the movie, Taila should have been revealed earlier because we all knew but Nolan waited because of us knowing months before, not a last fight between Bane and Batman, and Catwoman shooting Bane. I also feel as the end showed all the good and promise of justice in Gotham they should have showed Bane somewhere recovering, Scarecrow mixing another batch of chemicals, and maybe the hands of Joker with a cards. Bane shuold have had more time to be his menacing self and Taila would have owned Selina in a fight. Also Nolan played us with the Ras Al Ghul appearance and hearing about the pit. He should have just let him live but it's not realistic in his universe. There are a few more things that are just minor but no Arkham?

Last, since WB is planning on other Batman films they need to just let Nolans be his origins. DO NOT START OVER! BEGIN THE NEXT BATMAN RUN AFTER THESE. IF THEY START OVER I WILL NOT WATCH.

There was a lot of hype going into the movie so if you're not a Batman fan, I think you might be underwhelmed. I thought the effects were cool, action was dope, casting was solid (a couple from the Inception cast and I love me some Cotillard and Hathaway) but I didn't love the story. People really liked the ending but personally, I thought it was overdone. Writing was a bit weak at times (don't get me wrong, there were quotables), didn't like the way they dealt with the Talia twist, and there was a lack of logic in a few parts but then again, it is a superhero movie. I can confidently say it wasn't better than The Dark Knight (and no, not because Heath Ledger died) but it was fairly decent overall. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Maybe higher if/when I watch it again.

Miranda Tate! :pimp:
So sick of cats giving Heath the Tupac/Biggie/Elvis treatment man. He was a great Joker, but people who think this movie isn't up to par either didn't watch or got blinded during the slurp fest. Heath dies and now he is the GOAT? Bane was marvelous. He kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Catwoman's role was great and Bale (as always) delivered the goods. Gordon-Levitt sucked IMO (I blame this on the writers though). This is how I rate the trilogy:

DKR
Dark Knight
Begins (would have been #2 if they didnt focus so much on the lame "mist")

Oh, and also.........Miranda Tate :D

Somewhat agree to this. Most people would assume that nobody can follow up TDK because of what Heath did for the franchise. He was and still is, the best actor to portray a Batman villain in any of it's film incarnation and I give him all the props for that. But like Gutta said, it somehow overshadows the fact that TDKR was up to par with TDK.

Here's my take:

*Begins - A mixture of both.
*TDK - The most cerebral one.
*TDKR - Most emotional part of the franchise. I say this is the most, emotionally charged comic adaptation I've seen since The Crow.

Sure, there were some loose ends and minor flaws but the way Nolan still pulled it off? Pure genius. To have the balls to go out and take these risks after the success of TDK? All heart. And I do believe that somehow his best laid plans were compromised with Heath's death (remember, he was the only villain that didn't die), he still found a way to complete his trilogy. That shows the utmost respect and love for the franchise and the character itself. And for that, Nolan is :smokin

The thing about Nolan is he made the franchise his own. He created this whole new interpretation of the character (the way he made a dude dressed like a bat and his world into something pretty realistic is a feat in itself) and still remained faithful to the source material. He made the franchise pretty appealing to the fanboys and also got new fans into the franchise.

So again, Nolan get's somewhat of a free pass for me for the minor stuff in TDKR. The actors? Props to all of them, specially to Anne. She was expected to fail, but made all the critics eat their words. Michael Caine and Christian Bale did their thing too. Which was awesome.

All in all, I say TDK and TDKR goes as 1A and 1B with Begins as a close second. This is a great trilogy and I can't wait to get the complete box set.

In all honesty, Nolan got me so glued to the movie that he was always a step ahead of me and I wasn't able to deduce the ending until I saw it. A very excellent storyteller indeed.

I wanna say alot more praise, but I guess they won't do justice. I totally enjoyed the ride. That's all.

There was a lot of hype going into the movie so if you're not a Batman fan, I think you might be underwhelmed. I thought the effects were cool, action was dope, casting was solid (a couple from the Inception cast and I love me some Cotillard and Hathaway) but I didn't love the story. People really liked the ending but personally, I thought it was overdone. Writing was a bit weak at times (don't get me wrong, there were quotables), didn't like the way they dealt with the Talia twist, and there was a lack of logic in a few parts but then again, it is a superhero movie. I can confidently say it wasn't better than The Dark Knight (and no, not because Heath Ledger died) but it was fairly decent overall. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Maybe higher if/when I watch it again.

I see your points the story seemed to drag. I'm not gonna pick too much till i see it again.

Nice avy btw.

To each his own I guess, but the way I see it is he dealt with the Talia thing was (though with some flaws) perfect if you put the whole movie into perspective. The ending, was the most perfect one he could've ever thought off. Again, you have to put the whole trilogy into thought here. It's the most logical and reasonable ending for the trilogy. To say that story-wise, TDKR was not good... I would suggest you watch it again.

Last edited:
I knew I would be right about Hathaway in this movie.. she was one of my favorite parts and was excellent. I liked that Selina and Bruce had their own interactions and then Batman and Catwoman, that worked well for me.

Bane was a tremendous villain. Brute strength, power, and a physically dominant villain with a destructive plan. All of the characters were great, Gordon's story was really strong as he felt the guilt of covering up for Harvey Dent, Alfred's struggles with Bruce returning, Bruce finding the strength, Blake was good too.

As for the end and my expectations
The rumors and speculation that Marion Cotillard was Talia didn't ruin the surprise moment for me, I still liked it. 

I also wasn't surprised about the ending for Blake because they built up his arc well in the movie. A good cop who tries to do what's right but realizes there's limitations to what one cop can do. I also loved the scenes with he and Bruce/Batman since Blake figured it out and Bruce gave him some advice about wearing a mask too. A lesser director would have had Blake join up with Batman in a silly costume and fight in a big climatic battle, but Nolan did it perfectly. Bruce "retiring" and helping Blake would have been fine on its own... but making his real name be Robin was a great touch for the fans. The whole theater erupted into applause when that happened.

I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't die in the end, but faking his death made sense and I loved it. At first I thought they weren't going to show what Alfred was looking at... just have him smile and nod and give us an Inception/open to interpretation ending... so I"m glad we saw Bruce.
It wasn't without faults, the script might have been weak at some points and they had to give a lot of exposition throughout the movie for characters and explanations of motives.. but that's a minor complaint. My expectations were met and exceeded.. gave us a new take on Bruce/Batman in his injured state, a different Gotham, a great villain, loved Selina Kyle/Catwoman, and gave us a great conclusion to a tremendous trilogy.

Also, seeing the trilogy in the theater as a marathon was awesome. Definitely exhausting.. but it made a lot of the story of TDKR more satisfying with Ras and the League, Alfred's growing worry, the carry over from Harvey Dent, Rachel picking Dent over Bruce, etc.

Is it me, but was it often times difficult to understand what Bane was saying throughout the movie? I would get lost in his speeches and conversations because of the mask

I thought they were going to give us an inception like ambiguous ending :lol: can't wait to see this movie in IMAX the 2nd time around.

Is it me, but was it often times difficult to understand what Bane was saying throughout the movie? I would get lost in his speeches and conversations because of the mask

Not just you man. I think it was a mixture of the mas and his accent. All good though.

I wished we would not have lost all the pages thru the transfer. I have not seen the movie and one of the spoilers appears to be dead on with what someone posted. Obviously with the pages missing I can not find it now. Hopefully, all the pages come back or that individual can post that link again so when I see the movie I can see how accurate it really was.

I wanna wait for all of this to sink in before I make a FINAL evaluation... but I'd say The Joker is the face of the trilogy, but this movie is the best of the trilogy. Is that fair?

I agree. From beginning to end, I think this was better than TDK.

TDK has higher highs, but also lower lows. The pacing in TDKR is much better and makes it a better film.

Heath's performance is legendary though. Hardy is great, but the Joker is a much more fun character than Bane.

The cast in TDKR> TDK as whole. Anne Hathaway was awesome. Carcetti cameo > Deebo cameo. :lol:

got damn bane was dope to me. i just cant stop thinkin about that character.

i do think the joker had more personality tho. they allowed for more common dialogue with him. in this film, bane only really spoke before he was about to body someone lol. dude was dumb ill tho. i loved the way he grabbed his chest plate whenever something was going down like 'come at me bro's

honestly, i know alot of people wont get the analogy, but the concept of batman in this movie reminded me of kobe lol. like was the man. used to be that dude. but now is older. body doesnt move like it once did. cant do what you want to. even those that love you, doubt you. plus when bale put the mask on he looked old lol. kinda like when kobe wore that mask earlier in the year. idk nvm. haha

ugh nolan why you only give us 3 bro???

you better go hard on man of steel.

Back
Top Bottom