The Dark Tower Film Adaptation (2017)

Once a movie is 90 minutes that's suppose to be a blockbuster usually is trash.

So disappointed this might be the case.

Matt and Idris???

looks like there's no review embargo for this film, critics first viewing is tomorrow and word should get out real quick if the movie is no good

I have a feeling this movie will end up around 5% on RT

I hope I am wrong but you usually try to build hype for August movies

I am surprised at the lack of screening reactions, only one I found.

then there's...

I have no problems with an hour and a half. That used to be the standard. Now everything has moved to at least two hours. A lot of times unnecessarily, because often a lot of it is useless filler.

I'd rather long for more than be like I was in War Of The Planet Of The Apes wondering when it was going to be over, because it seemed to be going on forever.

I have a feeling this movie will end up around 5% on RT

I hope I am wrong but you usually try to build hype for August movies

Plenty of movies have opened recently with high RT ratings

I've seen commercials for this for a minute.

I have no problems with an hour and a half. That used to be the standard. Now everything has moved to at least two hours. A lot of times unnecessarily, because often a lot of it is useless filler.

I'd rather long for more than be like I was in War Of The Planet Of The Apes wondering when it was going to be over, because it seemed to be going on forever.

Plenty of movies have opened recently with high RT ratings

I've seen commercials for this for a minute.

No reviews and it's almost Thurs. scares me, if my memory serves me correctly August is a crucial month for positive word of mouth

guess i'm going to skip this one just wait til it hits Netflix/HBO

When was the standard 90mins 60 years ago?

Look at any blockbuster in the past. At lease 110 mins

I don't care about the length of the movie..but I'm surprised it is 88 mins..the Gunslinger (book 1) could be a 3 hour movie..that book is so dope..unfortunately the only one I had a chance to read

Last edited:
RT 21%
3/11

The 95-minute culmination of years-long efforts to bring The Dark Tower to the big screen is a complete disaster, a limp, barely coherent shell of a movie.

Heaven knows, the books offer more invention than could fit in one feature film, but in their effort to introduce newcomers to this world, the filmmakers make the saga's contents look not archetypal but generic and cobbled together.

King's Dark Tower universe is rich with cultural reference points and is always totally unpredictable, but in cutting it down to consolidate its highlights, The Dark Tower can't even shoot the most necessary bullets straight.

At a mere ninety minutes, it feels like one of those YouTube fan edits of an entire series.

For a movie based on a beloved book series, the writing is sometimes shockingly bad.

sheesh but RT isn't very reliable..look at their list of movies with perfect scores

while I don't always agree with RT scores, it paints a broad stroke of how the the movies are generally viewed and in this day and age, it can also be a sentence to box office

for the most part if the movie is good then RT ranks it good and when it's bad, it's bad

Back
Top Bottom