The-Dream official "The Love IV :Diary of a Madman". First single "Roc".

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral
Why does he always say love king was rushed like it was a bad album I swear Love King was the !*%! to me I bought the deluxe edition first day and STILL listen to it every week or so. And if that album was rushed I cant wait to hear a album that he took his time on

Can't wait for this album
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LaunchPadMcQuack

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral
Why does he always say love king was rushed like it was a bad album I swear Love King was the !*%! to me I bought the deluxe edition first day and STILL listen to it every week or so. And if that album was rushed I cant wait to hear a album that he took his time on
I think he says that because the two singles didn't do much and the album didn't sell !@$!. It's my favorite album of his, still play it all the time. 

The non-black girl and the girl with the mohawk are gorgeous.

Cool !%* video

It kills me to say it but I like this song.
laugh.gif

Tony don't bring this up ever.

Yeah Love King is my favorite album of his. I know it didn't do well commercially, but it's sick. Definitely looking forward to this.

Love King is my fav too. Still stays on deck and drops panties.
I was appalled that Take care of me wasn't on the release (non Deluxe) or a single.

I can't wait for some new joints.

The Dream is dope no doubt. I like The Weeknd too. The Dream has more weak songs per catalog IMO.
The are both talented. I like the seperation between the two IMO.
Weeknd, drugs, darkness, sad,love.
Dream, some pop, love, insight.
The can share the lane as far as Im concerned. I dont even compare them like that.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Yeah Love King is my favorite album of his. I know it didn't do well commercially, but it's sick. Definitely looking forward to this.
Not sure how much the cheating and divorce played into it. It happen right around the time the cd came out.

pimp.gif
cant wait for this album to drop. I wish he would've kept the Love brand going.

By far my favorite rnb singer, i can listen to love vs money and love king all day.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-dream-previews-seductive-new-album-20120314

The-Dream Previews Seductive New Album

R&B innovator's fourth LP is lusty, confessional

Comment

By SOWMYA KRISHNAMURTHY

March 14, 2012 11:00 AM ET

The Dream

Andrew Zaeh

An original painting by Keith Haring covers the lobby at Germano Studios in downtown NYC, the artist's trademark exclamatory lines and dancing figures conveying a frenzied, emotive experience.  On Monday night, that same feeling poured out of a cozy back room in one of the building's studios, where The-Dream, clad in head-to-toe Chicago Bulls gear and glistening diamonds, previewed his upcoming Love IV MMXII album. The singer-producer's first LP in two years (in an act of defiance against his label last summer, he released a mixtape, 1977, under his given name Terius Nash) is still missing a release date, and many of its tracks are in flux. But The-Dream was palpably eager to share the music that's been brewing.

Like its predecessors, Love IV blends braggadocio with seduction over heavily percussive, synth-driven soundscapes. The-Dream also seems to have grown as a singer since his last effort; there's more power behind his falsetto. "Roc," the album's bouncy lead single released in January, is an irresistibly bright number about, of course, rocking your body - in this instance, from "left to right, side to side." It's a springtime pleaser that serves as a fitting introduction to the rest of The-Dream's new material. Among the highlights: 

"Foreplay": A nostalgic mid-tempo number with electric guitars and thumping percussion that begs for comparisons to The-Dream's freaky-R&B forebear, R. Kelly.  

"Equestrian": Ginuwine's "Pony" gets a redux with pounding drums. "I love the way you ride/Equestrian," The-Dream croons, his falsetto blending effortlessly over the beat. He even toys with his lower register, a welcome distraction from the song's hackneyed  "Giddy up" outro. During this listening session, The-Dream closed his eyes and began winding and shimmying by himself to the track.  

"Loving You": In which The-Dream loves so hard, it becomes downright aggressive. Vocals, synths, guitars and yearning lyrics undulate together to the brink of insanity, and yet it never sounds cacophonous. "I can't take all the credit, the cocaine had a lot to do with it," The-Dream mused afterward, presumably joking.  

"Slow It Down": "I know they ain't gonna play this on Top 40 radio," The-Dream dares on this strip club-ready song about rolling, grinding and myriad other forms of gyration. 

"Divine," featuring Mary J. Blige: Booming theatrics lead off one of the album's most introspective cuts. "As the seats recline/This is divine," The-Dream murmurs, contemplating success. Blige provides only ancillary vocal coos over lush violins, creating an airy effect. 

"Paid," featuring Gucci Mane: Kickstarted with a sample from the gangster flick New Jack City (Nino Brown's famous quote: "The fruit of our hard work/Am I my brother's keeper?"), "Paid" is a requisite hip-hop banger about balling with just $100 in your pocket. Gucci Mane delivers a formidable verse: "If I could/I'd give a hug to the money," he croaks.  "I think I was doing that while I was doing crack," The-Dream laughed while playing the track. 

"Katrina": A masculine counterpart to Beyoncé's "Irreplaceable," this chest-pounding, unfinished song encourages men to move on from bad relationships. "This is strictly for my @#!##%," The-Dream croons – though, to be fair, the women present found the song to be irresistible.  

"Talk That !#*@": Cue the subliminal shots! "Talk That !#*@" is a veiled jab at new-generation R&B weirdos who have been heavily influenced by The-Dream's style. "Y'all @#!##% so disrespectful remixing my own !#*@," he blasts before jumping into a medley of his hits, from "Fancy" to "Shawty Is a 10." Although The-Dream wouldn't reveal any specific names, chatter during the session implied that "Bed" singer J. Holiday and The Weeknd were possible targets.  

"Y'all": "If this ain't the realest thing I ever wrote," sings The-Dream on this markedly sensitive, vulnerable number, where he spills his guts about his oft-beleaguered reputation as an artist, father and man. The self-anointed "Superman" admits that, yes, even he has flaws – "Sometimes even my cape needs dry cleaning" – before making peace with himself, concluding, "Crucify me if you want, but I won't stop loving y'all." 

My Man Dream just killed it with this IV Play single :pimp: :pimp:

Slow it down is awesome too :smokin

Man I said it in the other thread, he's about to drop a classic :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom