The Earl Sweatshirt album is gonna be a problem...

Hip hop heads **** with Kendrick.

EVERY kid ****** with Odd Future.  White kids who didn't even listen to rap pretended to be rap fans just so they could say they're down with odd future.

How is this even a debate??  It's two different fan bases.  Kendrick has the hip hop heads.  Tyler had EVERYONE between the ages of 12-18, period. 

roll.gif

tumblr_lyf1bbqmyr1qjczh3o1_500.gif

Tyler had them and is never getting them back. Dude is failure that whole crew is full of failure they dont have the common sense to actually figure out what to do next with their careers.the kids that listened to them are getting older all that fake frustration is gonna be focused on getting chicks and smoking weed.They are at the age where they can actually do things instead of brood in the corner pretending to hate the world because mom didnt buy pizza rolls or a new pair of vans. Tyler is what 21 he cant pretend to be a socially awkward teenager when he is an adult what he gonna do talk about the pains of being a lame in college or some stuff. Earl sat back and mumbled a entire song with no hook no real strucutre you thinks folks gonna pay money to see that or hear that for 13 songs . NOPE.

I get that OF members can be seen on MTV a lot picking their boogers and flicking them, but what else are they doing? At this point, that Iggy Azalea chick >>>>>> Odd Future.

Dawg.

Are we arguing REACH?

Or current musical impact?

Two different things.

Tyler the Creator has a bigger fan base than Kendrick Lamar.  I feel liek you're arguing just to argue.

I won't touch your Iggy Azalea comment.

Odd future really dont have a buzz anymore they kiled it themselves running around acting like they are 11 year olds. After a while being shocking and crazy isnt funny its predictable and bland. Espically when their is no music to back it up.

Odd Future had a pop up shop in NYC a few months ago where they sold tees they printed right there and damn near started a riot in the streets.

Say you don't liek their music, or you don't like them, that's fine.  But Tyler is literally printing money.  Kendrick Lamar is not on his level commercially.

They're music is trash.  I agree.  But those dudes are getting it.

Arguing otherwise is funny to me.  They don't have a buzz?  THEY HAVE. A. TV. SHOW.

Dawg.

Are we arguing REACH?
Two different things.
Tyler the Creator has a bigger fan base than Kendrick Lamar.  I feel like you're arguing just to argue.

And I feel like this is one of Ninjahood's "JR Writer is hotter than Lil' Wayne" threads. Was OF on deck to blow? Of course, but their buzz wilted like a flower over the last 2 years. I was about to say that the only way someone could be fooled into thinking OF has a bigger fanbase or buzz is if you lived in that city/state, but I forgot Kendrick Lamar is also from California. So.....yea, doesn't make any sense at how they are bigger than him. In 2011? Yea I can see that, cause Tyler was buzzing with 'Goblin' out and Kendrick had 'Section.80', which didn't get love til later on. Not sure how this is even a debate at this point the Kendrick is bigger than them. OF had a movement yet didn't take advantage of anything.

Oh, and Joe Budden & Consequence have a TV show too. Tell me how much reach and buzz they have.

Last edited:
SMH aint this thread about Earls album?? Who gives a **** who has more buzz between OF and Kendrick Lamar. What they eat dont make you ****. Kendricks better than everyone in that group anyways

No Idols is the best project to come from anyone in OF so far. (Domo and Alc's mixtape). Domo really stepped his game up for this one.

I'm anticipating Earl's album but I was getting tired of waiting there for a while. At least it seems like it's coming now. He still is the best from OF tho.

Dawg.

Are we arguing REACH?
Two different things.
Tyler the Creator has a bigger fan base than Kendrick Lamar.  I feel like you're arguing just to argue.
And I feel like this is one of Ninjahood's "JR Writer is hotter than Lil' Wayne" threads. Was OF on deck to blow? Of course, but their buzz wilted like a flower over the last 2 years. I was about to say that the only way someone could be fooled into thinking OF has a bigger fanbase or buzz is if you lived in that city/state, but I forgot Kendrick Lamar is also from California. So.....yea, doesn't make any sense at how they are bigger than him. In 2011? Yea I can see that, cause Tyler was buzzing with 'Goblin' out and Kendrick had 'Section.80', which didn't get love til later on. Not sure how this is even a debate at this point the Kendrick is bigger than them. OF had a movement yet didn't take advantage of anything.

Oh, and Joe Budden & Consequence have a TV show too. Tell me how much reach and buzz they have.
Tyler has a clothing line that actually sells. Do you realize how hard that is in rap?  He has a sketch comedy tv show that he writes, produces, and films himself.  Do you realize how much they make off that?  Joe Budden is on a reality tv show that replaces its cast every season.  It isn't the same thing.  You're essentially arguing an artist is only relevant whenever they drop an album.  Otherwise their buzz amounts for nothing.  By your same logic Kendrick is a bigger artist than Nas then, too, right?  Cuz that ***** has ZERO buzz right now, but does that mean Kendrick has a larger established fan base?  Who has more magazine covers?  Who EARNS more yearly?

I don't even like OF but you're over here arguing for the sake of arguing.  Tyler's movement is bigger.  Period.  He's a year and a half removed from a front page mid week feature in the NY Times.  Has Kendrick been on the cover of anything outside of XXL and complex?

Ok. This is tired.  I'm done.  You're wrong.  I no longer care if you understand that.  Carry on.

Last edited:
Hodgy Beats Nako, dude, get over it, OF took an L, and you're naming a bunch of irrelevant and nonsensical stuff. Stop it.

Odd Future had a pop up shop in NYC a few months ago where they sold tees they printed right there and damn near started a riot in the streets.

Say you don't liek their music, or you don't like them, that's fine.  But Tyler is literally printing money.  Kendrick Lamar is not on his level commercially.

They're music is trash.  I agree.  But those dudes are getting it.

Arguing otherwise is funny to me.  They don't have a buzz?  THEY HAVE. A. TV. SHOW.

everything you're saying is a result of Tyler's niche audience.

the demographic that loves him watches Adult Swim and wears Supreme and skates. therefore they had a tv show and a successful pop up shops.

that says nothing about the span of his reach just WHO he reaches. what do you have to say about Kendrick's sales vs. Tyler's?

Last edited:
Dawg.

Are we arguing REACH?
Two different things.

this, Nako is to Tyler what Ninja is to French

These DVDs though b...

Last edited:
Line up Earl, Tyler, and Kendrick................4 out of 10 people will know maybe who 1 of these guys are and might mix up the names :lol:

Currently Kendrick is the bigger name right now but 2 yrs ago it was Tyler. But Tyler is all gimmicks so he's fading while Kendrick actually has talent which equals longevity.

So back on topic the production line up looks pretty crazy for earl's debut. I also read an article saying he is givin up on those rape raps he was known for dropping on the earl tape

I don't think Tyler completely lost since we're still talking about him now. He didn't and wont top Yonkers as a single and the album sales were low.

But he does sell alot of OF merchandise to people who probably aren't actual fans, kids who want to have an OF shirt or something.

He has some other things besides rap keeping him relevant.

okay.......so wtf does Earl be talkin about?

like, i hear and comprehend what he says in his songs i've heard.....but like.....wtf is he talking about?

he literally just rhymes things. his rhymes have no subjects. like...as in his sentence structure. :lol:

he'll just say some **** like "battery acid splashed on granny the addict at batting practice w/ little Annie asking for autographs" (i just made that up)

i don't wanna hear dude just spew random words. but hey, to each his own

like, i hear and comprehend what he says in his songs i've heard.....but like.....wtf is he talking about?

he literally just rhymes things. his rhymes have no subjects. like...as in his sentence structure. :lol:

he'll just say some **** like "battery acid splashed on granny the addict at batting practice w/ little Annie asking for autographs" (i just made that up)

eh I know in chum he was talkn about his father going back to africa or somwhere around there
On the mixtape earl
On of the songs was about him takin a shorty to the hotel and killing here another is tyler and him going at it and earl came back with the track "kill"

Really the the whole earl mixtape was tyler introducing earl to the rest of of I guess to he prove he can rap

(Rap genius can help you out with that also)

Before "i just made that up" I really thought that was from him :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom