The Earl Sweatshirt album is gonna be a problem...

so ****** just straight skipped past Centurion, didn't they??? :rofl:

album is tough to me, and i rarely **** with OF...only weak track to me is Sasquatch...it's clear Tyler ain't the leader of the group anymore...Earl and Domo ******* on him now...and they really ain't ****** with his production either...why, when you can get the real Neptunes to produce for you :lol:...

Whoa now. That's a bit of an exaggeration, and I'm not sure how you got there. Unless you're speaking just lyrically because in any other facet, Wolf > Doris.

guess being a fan of OF makes me bias. His album is dope. He's known for his flow and bars just as he presented them on his album. 

I feel like if someone isnt screaming or shouting on the mic then people are quick to label it boring. whatever. 

album stuck to what he does best, spit dope bars over dark, boom bappish kinda beats. 

I feel like if someone isnt screaming or shouting on the mic then people are quick to label it boring. whatever. 

There's plenty of fans of rappers like Doom and Joey Badass on here, not the case on NT by any means.

Haven't listened to this yet (if I do at all), but I'm sure people will eventually wake up and realize Domo dropped to best project out this entire crew with Alchemist. But anyway...

Sounds like I need to pay attention to Domo more

I enjoyed the album, but I wouldnt say its better than EARL for me personally...he's got some more growing to do..kid's got all the potential with his skill set

guess being a fan of OF makes me bias. His album is dope. He's known for his flow and bars just as he presented them on his album. 
album stuck to what he does best, spit dope bars over dark, boom bappish kinda beats. 

I think the boring label is totally fair considering Earl is a guy who sounds like he would rather be doing LITERALLY ANYTHING other than rapping.

Whoa now. That's a bit of an exaggeration, and I'm not sure how you got there. Unless you're speaking just lyrically because in any other facet, Wolf > Doris.

no it's not...Earl's always been a better spitter and Domo came the **** up...they honestly sound better without his production...and Tyler bought the maturity level wayyyy down on the Doris tracks...The Internet is doing their own thing...idc about Hodgy but i heard he's been doing his own thing and Mike G's always been useless...Frank is Frank...nobody needs Tyler...

I think the boring label is totally fair considering Earl is a guy who sounds like he would rather be doing LITERALLY ANYTHING other than rapping.

you can say the same about Mase and Fabolous...monotone voices are just that...i couldn't even Imagine hearing Earl getting too hype on a track...love his druggy flow...

Mase and Fab still have some feeling/sense about their voices. Earl is a corpse, he really does sound completely disinterested in rapping, and not in the "I'm not a rapper" type stuff rappers pull, like legit "why am I even doing this" rapping.

domo is that dude :nthat: rolling papers & under the influence were good projects, but i feel like ever since he dropped no idols with alchemist, he really came into his own.

as far as this album, i think earl has grown as an artist from his last mixtape & the tracks he's put out since then. earl's dark & easy going mood & flow mesh real well over the production (which was very well done as well). his lyricism also sounds more complete compared to his past work. overall its a very solid project.

some quick notes:

pre - such a dope way to start off the album
burgundy - earl was really able to get pharrell AND chad on production for this one... my dude :lol: :nthat:
20 wave caps - production is amazing on this track... straight flames. domo x earl killed it too.
sunday - frankie came through with that fire :smokin he's been ripping his rapping features & tracks.
hive - the video for this was :smokin dark feel to the track & vid & goes perfectly with the mood of the album.
chum - love the new, extended ending.
molasses - that classic RZA feel :nthat:
knight - the same sample as rae's new wu from the magictones

I like Wolf a lot more than Doris.

Edit

Listened to the whole album in the headphones this morning at work, I do enjoy it. But I still stand by what I said with Joey Bad***** >>

Last edited:
Album has gotten a lot better to me after a few more spins. Earl's verses are top notch, he's a very intelligent lyricist and it shows throughout the project.

Doris is better than Wolf by a pretty wide margin in my eyes. Wolf has some decent songs but the overall feel of the album is too immature for me, whereas Doris is not.

Standout tracks:

Sunday
Pre
Knight
Hive
Molasses
Whoa

Not a bad album though 
smokin.gif

Not a diehard of fan, so my opinion isn't biased Imo. I thoroughly enjoyed the album. Flow will have u wanting more aggression and passion, but his lyricism oozes of a veteran rapper. Man has bars no doubt about it. Standout favorite is 20 wave caps. Domo has bars too I had no idea he was that sick. Worst track is hoarse. Overall, this was much better than wolf. I think Kendricks verse helped out earl, because he got real lyrics. Good album.

no it's not...Earl's always been a better spitter and Domo came the **** up...they honestly sound better without his production...and Tyler bought the maturity level wayyyy down on the Doris tracks...The Internet is doing their own thing...idc about Hodgy but i heard he's been doing his own thing and Mike G's always been useless...Frank is Frank...nobody needs Tyler...
you can say the same about Mase and Fabolous...monotone voices are just that...i couldn't even Imagine hearing Earl getting too hype on a track...love his druggy flow...

but Ma$e just sounds smooth with his...never boring.

Earl just sounds bored and boring. y'all don't have to try to justify

why some think he's boring like we gone be like "oooh yeah that's what it is he's not boring!"

it's cool y'all dig his music. dude still bores the **** outta me. :lol:

Only time I listened to Tyler before Wolf was the track he did with pusha t....ended up liking wolf

Only time I heard earl was on super rich kids....ended up liking his album Doris

I like Doris more than wolf tho...like earls flow

I like it, but I don't like the production on this at all. Like some tracks are cool, but others aren't.

Can't complain though, Frank is rapping on this. 

I just went through the whole album. On first listen, not bad at all. I'll give it two weeks and report back though. Can't really judge an album off one or even a few listens imo.

Between the Earl mixtape prequel to Doris and Doris the album, Is it me or has Domo really stepped it up? I never considered him a bad rapper but it seems like he's really improved.

Last edited:
Picked this one up after weeks of listening to Albert Einstein. Good album, ridiculous flow and wordplay, but not great in comparison to AE.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom