The Eastbay Re-Stock Thread **update pg. 10** Vol. Gold Club Member

I also only have good things to say about the Eastbay employees on this board. Al least they are helping and trying to assist us.
Actually, if it wasn't for them posting the link on here I would have continued to miss out on the restocks. So hats off to them.

Also, we cannot keep being so critical of them. Large companies move slowly sometimes, it's just the nature of the beast.
Is it annoying at times, yes. However, i'm sure one day they will correct the email issues and the timer, that I'm sure.

Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

Originally Posted by Taiwarrenwan

all I was saying is that some customers are NEVER satisfied case and point I sell a guy a product at the my job he brings it back said it doesn't work I exchange it for another and apologize for the inconvenience offer him a discount on his next purchase he says he wants the discount plus he wants me to pay for his gas because he had to drive back to the store
I hit him with the
indifferent.gif

Fact of the matter is business's should try to satisfy the needs and wants of the customer but within reason offer the guy something free or discounted ok giving free or discounted and paying for gas = unreasonable
Above post makes a good point. A lot of times, customers are difficult to satisfy, even when the issue is corrected; the customer always wants more (which is understandable) for their time, gas, emotional distress, etc.  However, I think the point here is members have been contacting the E.B. reps several times and they're still not getting their e-mails so they're missing out on these re-releases. I was one of them, but they corrected that for me so it's all good. But, I can see why people are salty about it.
I agree, and I just signed up for gold membership on the 3rd so I hope I don't have to deal with this issue, you right the main thing here is CORRECT THE PROBLEM and if you can't then maybe we need to be speaking to someone who can. If your email client is the culprit fix or fire one or the other, the difference between companies like this one and smaller companies is smaller companies can stop and turn on a dime while big dinosaurs like Eastbay have trouble adjusting or changing direction AKA  too much "red tape" while you're sitting their trying to negotiate how to fix or should we even bother with your higher ups money is walking out the door so it behooves you as a company to rectify this and all situations with a quickness otherwise you'll be basically shutout from the Jordan sneaker head market sure there's plenty of pie left but why pass on a whole pie for a partial one?

Moosh-"Game, Blouses"
We are in the process of switching our e-mail service provider, so we are hoping this will fix a lot of the problems with customers not receiving the e-mails we send out. 

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

EastBay Rep RAY,

Why doesn't eastbay incorporate the same checkout method as ticketmaster? "You have 2 minutes to complete the transaction before your items are released to the general public again." Instead of that crappy system you guys have now where people have to wait 58 minutes to find out that they're not getting a damn thing. It's a bad customer experience and builds a history of negativity towards your company. Eastbay wouldn't exist if we don't maintain it with sales. Listen to us.
Right now our main bottle neck is our ordering system.  Until we upgrade it, which should happen sometime in the future, we can not change much else with our website when it comes to taking orders. 

EastbayRep - Ray
I'm not attacking you but that's an unacceptable answer. In the Marines, this matter would have been taken care of before it was even brought up. I realize it's not that situation but when it comes to businesses, the customer should always be right. Customer satisfaction should be number one. A lot of people are left in disappointment when the timer says you have an hour until checkout and it gets to 8 minutes then jumps to 38 minutes again. I love ticketmasters checkout. It should be incorporated into your company's website.
Switching out an ordering system that we depend on is not something that can be done overnight.  It takes a lot of testing, preparation and planning. 

EastbayRep - Ray

all I was saying is that some customers are NEVER satisfied case and point I sell a guy a product at the my job he brings it back said it doesn't work I exchange it for another and apologize for the inconvenience offer him a discount on his next purchase he says he wants the discount plus he wants me to pay for his gas because he had to drive back to the store
I hit him with the
indifferent.gif

Fact of the matter is business's should try to satisfy the needs and wants of the customer but within reason offer the guy something free or discounted ok giving free or discounted and paying for gas = unreasonable
Above post makes a good point. A lot of times, customers are difficult to satisfy, even when the issue is corrected; the customer always wants more (which is understandable) for their time, gas, emotional distress, etc.  However, I think the point here is members have been contacting the E.B. reps several times and they're still not getting their e-mails so they're missing out on these re-releases. I was one of them, but they corrected that for me so it's all good. But, I can see why people are salty about it.
I agree, and I just signed up for gold membership on the 3rd so I hope I don't have to deal with this issue, you right the main thing here is CORRECT THE PROBLEM and if you can't then maybe we need to be speaking to someone who can. If your email client is the culprit fix or fire one or the other, the difference between companies like this one and smaller companies is smaller companies can stop and turn on a dime while big dinosaurs like Eastbay have trouble adjusting or changing direction AKA  too much "red tape" while you're sitting their trying to negotiate how to fix or should we even bother with your higher ups money is walking out the door so it behooves you as a company to rectify this and all situations with a quickness otherwise you'll be basically shutout from the Jordan sneaker head market sure there's plenty of pie left but why pass on a whole pie for a partial one?

Moosh-"Game, Blouses"
We are in the process of switching our e-mail service provider, so we are hoping this will fix a lot of the problems with customers not receiving the e-mails we send out. 

EastBay Rep RAY,

Why doesn't eastbay incorporate the same checkout method as ticketmaster? "You have 2 minutes to complete the transaction before your items are released to the general public again." Instead of that crappy system you guys have now where people have to wait 58 minutes to find out that they're not getting a damn thing. It's a bad customer experience and builds a history of negativity towards your company. Eastbay wouldn't exist if we don't maintain it with sales. Listen to us.
Right now our main bottle neck is our ordering system.  Until we upgrade it, which should happen sometime in the future, we can not change much else with our website when it comes to taking orders. 

EastbayRep - Ray
I'm not attacking you but that's an unacceptable answer. In the Marines, this matter would have been taken care of before it was even brought up. I realize it's not that situation but when it comes to businesses, the customer should always be right. Customer satisfaction should be number one. A lot of people are left in disappointment when the timer says you have an hour until checkout and it gets to 8 minutes then jumps to 38 minutes again. I love ticketmasters checkout. It should be incorporated into your company's website.
Switching out an ordering system that we depend on is not something that can be done overnight.  It takes a lot of testing, preparation and planning. 

EastbayRep - Ray

Moosh-"Game, Blouses"
Good Deal

Moosh-"Game, Blouses"
Good Deal

lol I understand it takes time to upgrade a system. How long has this problem persisted? It's been like this since after the space jam release. I bet if eastbay, footlocker, champs, etc weren't making money, the "system" would be upgraded IMMEDIATELY. It wouldn't take "time." Anyway, it's like beating a dead horse. However, we DO appreciate an eastbay rep on this forum that helps us out from time to time. No one else is doing that. Props.

As for me speaking with my wallet, I was simply saying it takes an ocean of people to have a company change their ways. It won't happen because people are equally as selfish as their neighbor. That's how Americans are. We are selfish. This whole spiel is just a thought from me. I get my shoes from other avenues before release date, I'm just venting because I see so many complaints on NT about people not getting at least one pair. Excuse me for trying to come up with ideas that might help others.

lol I understand it takes time to upgrade a system. How long has this problem persisted? It's been like this since after the space jam release. I bet if eastbay, footlocker, champs, etc weren't making money, the "system" would be upgraded IMMEDIATELY. It wouldn't take "time." Anyway, it's like beating a dead horse. However, we DO appreciate an eastbay rep on this forum that helps us out from time to time. No one else is doing that. Props.

As for me speaking with my wallet, I was simply saying it takes an ocean of people to have a company change their ways. It won't happen because people are equally as selfish as their neighbor. That's how Americans are. We are selfish. This whole spiel is just a thought from me. I get my shoes from other avenues before release date, I'm just venting because I see so many complaints on NT about people not getting at least one pair. Excuse me for trying to come up with ideas that might help others.

The problem is everyone wants their order completed right away. When these shoes launch, everyone is trying at the same time to purchase items. Everyone wants Eastbay, or the other online sellers to process right away. When Eastbay launches a popular shoe that everyone wants, all phone lines are flooded, the web is flooded, and some customers are buying multiple items. The system in place now removes the shoes from stock when selected by the orderer. If you select a shoe at 12:00am eastern time, then you will get that shoe if it is in stock, but you have to wait. I like this system better than trying to call via phone, or have web crashes while ordering.

The problem is everyone wants their order completed right away. When these shoes launch, everyone is trying at the same time to purchase items. Everyone wants Eastbay, or the other online sellers to process right away. When Eastbay launches a popular shoe that everyone wants, all phone lines are flooded, the web is flooded, and some customers are buying multiple items. The system in place now removes the shoes from stock when selected by the orderer. If you select a shoe at 12:00am eastern time, then you will get that shoe if it is in stock, but you have to wait. I like this system better than trying to call via phone, or have web crashes while ordering.

I love the timer on Eastbay's checkout. The most I had to wait was about 30 minutes but I've been able to get in on every release, including Cool Grey XIs.

EASTBAY, please don't change a thing! But if you do, please change it after the Concords, lol.

I love the timer on Eastbay's checkout. The most I had to wait was about 30 minutes but I've been able to get in on every release, including Cool Grey XIs.

EASTBAY, please don't change a thing! But if you do, please change it after the Concords, lol.

Originally Posted by moneyallthetime

Restock of the AJ XII Taxi Lows

not sure if I got the runaround, but they said to call back after I receive a second email with the product number as they are not even in the system yet

not sure if I got the runaround, but they said to call back after I receive a second email with the product number as they are not even in the system yet

Originally Posted by tuxracer88

The first Gold Club restock e-mail was sent out too early this morning, as the shoes were not available in our system yet.  They became available for sale in our system around 9 AM CT today, so can you call in to try ordering them again, if you have not already.

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by tuxracer88

The first Gold Club restock e-mail was sent out too early this morning, as the shoes were not available in our system yet.  They became available for sale in our system around 9 AM CT today, so can you call in to try ordering them again, if you have not already.

EastbayRep - Ray

Back
Top Bottom