The English Premier League Fantasy Soccer Thread 2012-2013

Is it bad that I only know about 4 people in this league? :smh:

Hoping to beat my 3rd Place last year :smokin

Is it bad that I only know about 4 people in this league? :smh:
Hoping to beat my 3rd Place last year :smokin

I don't know anyone personally in this league, I have a feeling that a lot of these folk, are friends of other NT'rs who aren't on NT. But it'll be cool to discuss the season and see what happens in this thread too...

Also, as I said before, I'll probably lock new entries to The Old Onion Bag on Friday or Saturday morning, that way everyone started on the same day and ends on the same day.

Last edited:
Didn't realize you made one, I made one also. I'm having trouble joining yours, it says the code isn't valid
86902-216191
Also join Live Breath Futbol, it was set up by a fellow NTer. There will be shirts and prizes 946909-231130

Just joined. "Amakhosi" checkin in :smokin

Last edited:
dumb questions...are your subs basically on the bench and ineligible to earn points?

I'm in.

Young Trappers
pimp.gif

dumb questions...are your subs basically on the bench and ineligible to earn points?

If you're starting player gets injured, your sub automatically comes on, and the points that they earned are tallied up.

A super sub can be helpful.

It's a good idea to place your subs in order of priority.

I have a strong bench, You need at least one quality Sub if a player somehow doesn't make the game or in case of injury, That's why I like the weekly transfer format

Yep, and I advise you guys who are new to look into the smaller clubs for your substitutes. There's some quality players that can be had for next to nothing.

Subs are crucial and can score you valuable points. Don't just pick random bench warmers, there are plenty of cheap players who score lots of points.

Last edited:
Im going to help you out and give some cheap and potentially great sub players:

Defenders:
- FABIO (QPR) 4.5M - On Loan from Manchester United with alot to prove
- CLYNE (SOUTHAMPTON) 4.0M - Good young Talent hoping for a springboard to a higher club
- TURNER (NORWICH) 4.5M - Solid defender and should start most games
- SHOREY (READING) 4.5M - Fullback who occasionally takes set pieces (assist points etc.)

Midfielders:
- MIYAICHI (WIGAN) 5M - Very very quick attacking midfielder, On loan from Arsenal, BIG talent
- GIBSON (EVERTON) 5M - Scores a fair few goals from Midfield, Has a very good shot
- BANNAN (ASTON VILLA) 5M - Talented young player, should play more this season then the last year
- COQUELIN (ARSENAL) 5M - This is a wildcard, could happen to be great or a bust depending on Arsenal making signings etc. If they don't make any then he will play alot
- COLEMAN (EVERTON) 5M - Assist points will be the key for this dude
- AMALFITTANO (NEWCASTLE) 5M - New signing at Newcastle who have a small midfield selection and a few injuries at the moment

Strikers:
- VELLIOS (EVERTON) 5M - Had a good run midway through last season and scored goals, May get playing time if injuries happen at Everton
- GIOVANI (TOTTENHAM) 5M - Who knows with this guy, If he is in AVB's plans for this season could get a few games, Very capable of good things
- WICKHAM (SUNDERLAND) 5.5m- Young striker who should play a fair amount of games this season
- RUIZ (FULHAM) 6M - Had a pretty poor 1st season in England but showed glimpses - A lot to prove

Yep, and I advise you guys who are new to look into the smaller clubs for your substitutes. There's some quality players that can be had for next to nothing.

Not just for subs. Last season I made an outrageous number of points from Jarvis at Wolves in the first half of the season. Same with Agbonglahor.

Not just for subs. Last season I made an outrageous number of points from Jarvis at Wolves in the first half of the season. Same with Agbonglahor.

I had Jarvis too :lol:
Taylor was good to me too :lol:

Im going to help you out and give some cheap and potentially great sub players:

Defenders:
- FABIO (QPR) 4.5M - On Loan from Manchester United with alot to prove
- CLYNE (SOUTHAMPTON) 4.0M - Good young Talent hoping for a springboard to a higher club
- TURNER (NORWICH) 4.5M - Solid defender and should start most games
- SHOREY (READING) 4.5M - Fullback who occasionally takes set pieces (assist points etc.)

Midfielders:
- MIYAICHI (WIGAN) 5M - Very very quick attacking midfielder, On loan from Arsenal, BIG talent
- GIBSON (EVERTON) 5M - Scores a fair few goals from Midfield, Has a very good shot
- BANNAN (ASTON VILLA) 5M - Talented young player, should play more this season then the last year
- COQUELIN (ARSENAL) 5M - This is a wildcard, could happen to be great or a bust depending on Arsenal making signings etc. If they don't make any then he will play alot
- COLEMAN (EVERTON) 5M - Assist points will be the key for this dude
- AMALFITTANO (NEWCASTLE) 5M - New signing at Newcastle who have a small midfield selection and a few injuries at the moment

Strikers:
- VELLIOS (EVERTON) 5M - Had a good run midway through last season and scored goals, May get playing time if injuries happen at Everton
- GIOVANI (TOTTENHAM) 5M - Who knows with this guy, If he is in AVB's plans for this season could get a few games, Very capable of good things
- WICKHAM (SUNDERLAND) 5.5m- Young striker who should play a fair amount of games this season
- RUIZ (FULHAM) 6M - Had a pretty poor 1st season in England but showed glimpses - A lot to prove

This might help also

http://charliecooksfootballbook.wordpress.com/

nomaam fc is in full affect

gk's
howard
schwarzer

df's
assou-ekotto
riise
jose enrique
kompany
rangel (qpr)